Photo

Lakers top spot in ESPN power rankings. Lakers get praised.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 intense

intense

Rookie

• 91 posts
  • Name:Leif
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 29, 2008 - 08:51 PM

Hey guys, this is my first post on these forums.
I'm new here and a long time laker fan and im glad to find there are a lot of healthy supporters like myself out there :)

Since this is my first post i thought i'd bring in info on the latest ESPN power rankings for all to see that our lakers took back the #1 spot! While the Celtics are doing nothing but getting burnt in their comments.

Enjoy! Post your comments and thoughts.

Power Rankings: Lakers take over top spot

"The Lakers, then, return to the top spot in our weekly pulse take for the first time since the first regular-season edition of the rankings, thanks to a nice win in New Orleans and a steely fourth-quarter performance to take down the defending champs, offsetting (at least temporarily) L.A.'s concern over losing key reserve Jordan Farmar to a knee injury."

"The combination of L.A.'s statement victory and a couple of scares at home for Cleveland unavoidably dropped the Cavs to No. 3, with Orlando threatening to move up, too, in a top five that suddenly is very fluid. "

"About Adande's theory for the Lakers' up-and-down play in December after such a dominant November because they couldn't get excited about anything except the Boston game: They sure made him look good."

Full link can be found here: http://sports.espn.g...ba/powerranking

#2 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 08:53 PM

BSPNzzzzzzzz THERE AGANST TEH LAKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

H8RZ!!!!!!!!!111111111

O w8 were 1st now lolz espn iz so rite i agree wit dem

#3 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2008 - 08:57 PM

BSPNzzzzzzzz THERE AGANST TEH LAKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

H8RZ!!!!!!!!!111111111

O w8 were 1st now lolz espn iz so rite i agree wit dem

Exactly.

#4 intense

intense

Rookie

• 91 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 08:57 PM

Its good to see we finally gettin some love..
I hate the fact that Cav's are getting so much praise for beating scrub [expletive] teams.
Only real they've faced is Houston.. Too bad their team is out of sync and injury prone.

#5 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 09:06 PM

Nice first posts btw, welcome.

I'm glad to see us at 1. I think that Boston game woke us up, we understand now where we have to be as a team. We gotta maintain this level of play throughout the rest of the season.

#6 intense

intense

Rookie

• 91 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 09:12 PM

I'm glad to see us at 1. I think that Boston game woke us up, we understand now where we have to be as a team. We gotta maintain this level of play throughout the rest of the season.

Agreed. The boston game i feel showed the team how hard they have to play. Thats how they have to play night in and night out.

I dunno about everyone else but i love the lakers hustle, shows the fire in their heart.
I love ariza running down loose balls, kobe diving, sasha and pau screaming.
Thats a true champion.

They just have to remember to bring it day in and day out with EVERY team.
I was happy to see they showed that intensity for the full 4 quarters against the warriors.

#7 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 30, 2008 - 01:49 AM

I think it's cool that we're on top again but it feels like it's going to change between #1, #2, and #3 spots every week.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#8 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted December 30, 2008 - 02:01 AM

I think it's cool that we're on top again but it feels like it's going to change between #1, #2, and #3 spots every week.

Yeah, Lakers and Celtics had falls...now I wanna see Cavs get the fall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users