• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Vahan

Vahan

Rookie

• 289 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2008 - 12:56 PM

anybody else saw rick kamla ripping kobe apart on nbatv? can u believe this guy. Kobe has been playing like a beast lately and he still dont give him any credit. He thinks lebron is way better than kobe right now. and i can understand, cause its a toss up between kobe and lebron on whos better right now, lebron has been a beast too so gotta give him credit for that... but what bugs me the most was he put kobe 2nd on his jordinaire's fromd this weeks best next to joe johnson when kobe put on a monster performance the last couple of games.

Lakers 08-09 Champs

#2 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 12:58 PM

Rick Kamla? Don't care.

#3 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted December 29, 2008 - 01:02 PM

who gives a crap what that douche bag thinks.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#4 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 01:07 PM

when guys like MJ, Magic johnson, larry bird, Dr. J, jerry west, tex winter, don nelson, isiah thomas, greg poppovich, jason kidd, reggie miller, kareem abdul-jabbar all got kobes back

rick kamla's opinion as a second tier if that NBA analyst doesn't hold much weight
Posted Image

#5 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 29, 2008 - 02:32 PM

Wow you straight up copy and pasted this post from CL...

anybody else saw rick kamla ripping kobe apart on nbatv? can u believe this guy. Kobe has been playing like a beast lately and he still dont give him any credit. He thinks lebron is way better than kobe right now. and i can understand, cause its a toss up between kobe and lebron on whos better right now, lebron has been a beast too so gotta give him credit for that... but what bugs me the most was he put kobe 2nd on his jordinaire's fromd this weeks best next to joe johnson when kobe put on a monster performance the last couple of games.

Edited by daco_inc, December 29, 2008 - 02:35 PM.

#6 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted December 29, 2008 - 03:00 PM

Rick Kamla need to ..........
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 04:04 PM

Wow you straight up copy and pasted this post from CL...

lolololol

#8 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 29, 2008 - 04:09 PM

Well, he is talking about NBA Fantasy... Lebron is a godsend there... What he says does not apply IRL, he's a fantasy sports guy...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#9 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted December 29, 2008 - 04:14 PM

Well, LeBron HAS been way better so far, so no reason to get upset over the truth.

As far as Kamla, he's one of those guys who has the persona of a child molester who tries to pick up kids online. Half of that was a joke, the other half was completely serious. Even aside from his crappy opinions something about his personality always irked me, no homo, and that's exactly what it is.

To hell with Rick Kamla, his opinions shouldn't be valued by us more than a homeless person.

The only difference is that the homeless person isn't on television.
Basketball Reasons...

#10 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted December 29, 2008 - 04:22 PM

Well, LeBron HAS been way better so far, so no reason to get upset over the truth.

As far as Kamla, he's one of those guys who has the persona of a child molester who tries to pick up kids online. Half of that was a joke, the other half was completely serious. Even aside from his crappy opinions something about his personality always irked me, no homo, and that's exactly what it is.

To hell with Rick Kamla, his opinions shouldn't be valued by us more than a homeless person.

The only difference is that the homeless person isn't on television.

Just because of his persona through your eyes, we shouldn't listen to his opinions? Maybe if someone didn't like your persona, we shouldn't read your articles too or value it as a astute person in NBA knowlege? IDK thats what it sounds like to me. Anyway, I don't know why people get so worked up about people hating on Kobe anyway.

Edited by Base, December 29, 2008 - 04:26 PM.

#11 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 29, 2008 - 04:27 PM

He is a fantasy sports guy... He is not talking about NBA IRL... For NBA Fantasy nerds, Lebron is a godsend... 29/6/6 and always playing (if you want the opposite, get the Arenas, the T-macs, the Yaos, the Jermaines, etc.)...

Unless you play NBA Fantasy, ignore this guy...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#12 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 04:53 PM

He is a fantasy sports guy... He is not talking about NBA IRL... For NBA Fantasy nerds, Lebron is a godsend... 29/6/6 and always playing (if you want the opposite, get the Arenas, the T-macs, the Yaos, the Jermaines, etc.)...

Unless you play NBA Fantasy, ignore this guy...

That's exactly what he is. He probably spent his teen years in his basement with a computer and a calculator.
Basketball Reasons...

#13 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 05:36 PM

Just because of his persona through your eyes, we shouldn't listen to his opinions? Maybe if someone didn't like your persona, we shouldn't read your articles too or value it as a astute person in NBA knowlege? IDK thats what it sounds like to me. Anyway, I don't know why people get so worked up about people hating on Kobe anyway.

:rolleyes:

No. You must be short as hell because everything I say goes right over your head.

Either that or you just twist my words to nitpick an argument. If I really wanted to smell BS and roll my eyes all the time out of annoyance, I'd lift the lid of a toilet full of crap and take in the fumes.

That's basically what I'd be doing if I gave you a serious response.

Edited by Heir, December 29, 2008 - 05:49 PM.

Basketball Reasons...

#14 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 29, 2008 - 06:26 PM

rick kamla is a horrible "wanna-be" analyst that is only on nba.tv because he is known to be a fantasy guru (which he is pretty decent at best imo), when i watch him i can see steve smith wanting to strangle him when he works with him
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#15 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted December 29, 2008 - 06:34 PM

:rolleyes:

No. You must be short as hell because everything I say goes right over your head.

Either that or you just twist my words to nitpick an argument. If I really wanted to smell BS and roll my eyes all the time out of annoyance, I'd lift the lid of a toilet full of crap and take in the fumes.

That's basically what I'd be doing if I gave you a serious response.

Just stating what came out of the horses mouth "As far as Kamla, he's one of those guys who has the persona of a child molester who tries to pick up kids online. Half of that was a joke, the other half was completely serious. Even aside from his crappy opinions something about his personality always irked me, no homo, and that's exactly what it is.

To hell with Rick Kamla, his opinions shouldn't be valued by us more than a homeless person."

Edited by Base, December 29, 2008 - 06:44 PM.

#16 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted December 29, 2008 - 06:50 PM

Here's the video:

http://www.nba.com/v...bronvskobe.nba/

A lot of Kamla's points are really stupid, and I'd like to counter some of the points he made in that video.

First of all, he says that LeBron is a better defender then Kobe solely because of LeBron's superior steals/rebounding stats. What the hell is that? Rebounding and steals are not the basis of a great defender, the basis of a great defender is his ability to shut down whoever he's guarding. Take Bruce Bowen for example, he doesn't have great steals/rebounding stats, but people still consider him a great defender because of his ability to lock down on players.

Second of all, he says that LeBron is a better playmaker then Kobe by a long run. We've all seen Kobe make his teammates better recently and how he knows when to be unselfish and when it's time to take over the game single-handedly. Sure, LeBron is a great player, but that's because the defense collapses on him then he just kicks out to an open shooter. He's giving LeBron way to much credit. Kamla also makes some ridiculous comments on how Kobe isn't as hungry as LeBron is and how his leadership isn't as good as LeBron's. That's just ridiculous in my opinion.

But the MAJOR problem in his arguments is that Rick Kamla bases ALL of his arguments in that video solely on statistics. This guy needs to realize that Kobe doesn't need to put up superior numbers than LeBron to prove he's the better player since he has Pau, Bynum, and overall such a great team to work with and this forces Kobe to have his statistics lower by a lot.

He also says that LeBron led his Cavs teams in the THEN weak as hell East to the finals, something Kobe couldn't do. Put Kobe in the East and in LeBron's situation at that time and you'd see similar results.

I still feel Kobe is the superior player when compared to LeBron as of right now, but LeBron is as close as it gets in surpassing Kobe for the best player in the league title.

Made By Vaporize

#17 lbj23witness

lbj23witness

Rookie

• 38 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 06:51 PM

This guy is just FANTASY analyst, nothing to do with real life playing.

But for the record, LeBron is the best player today this season no doubt.

#18 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 06:52 PM

This guy is just FANTASY analyst, nothing to do with real life playing.

But for the record, LeBron is the best player today this season no doubt.

yep he is so far

lets see if he can maintain that for the rest of the year

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#19 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 06:54 PM

yep he is so far

lets see if he can maintain that for the rest of the year

There's no way he doesn't, unless he gets a freak injury.

#20 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted December 29, 2008 - 08:05 PM

I downloaded the flv to watch in just a while later....looks like I'm not watching that afterall...-_-"

On another note, I watched it and had my middle finger up like 1/4 into the clip till the end.

Edited by lyk13, December 29, 2008 - 08:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users