kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 27, 2008 - 05:19 PM

Doc

re: Lakers D: "It was good," Rivers said. "We rushed shots, but they were there. You've got to give them that credit. We can say we were sloppy, we can say we missed shots. But at the end of the day, Bynum was in the right place. He was long and they made us miss shots."

"It's amazing. I mean, he's one of the greatest coaches of all time," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "I can guarantee you that I won't win 1,000 games because I won't be around that long. It's just an amazing number. When you throw up 1,000 wins, that says a lot."

KG

"It was my first Christmas game, and I'm obviously blessed to be here," Garnett said. "There's a reason why teams are playing on this special day, so it had a playoff energy and a playoff atmosphere to it, absolutely. It's tough when you lose against anybody. We probably took a step back, but hats off to a good Laker team. Pau made big shots when he had to and Kobe put stress on the defense."

Pierce

"We lost to a team that played better than us tonight," Pierce said. "Give them all the credit. We just have to play better down the stretch."

Perkins

"They outhustled us and worked harder than us," Celtics center Kendrick Perkins said. "They were just hungrier."

But I really love these Sasha quotes:

Sasha

"We've been listening to forever to people calling us soft, calling us not a defensive team. Whatever," Vujacic said. "We wanted to prove them wrong and we've been waiting for the opportunity for a long time."

"It was not just another game," he said. "I was waiting for this for a couple of months."

re: Does he hate the Celtics: "I'm not going to say hate, but I dislike them," Vujacic said. "Hate is a strong word. I don't like them. I don't want to talk about them."

re: Asked again if he hates the Celtics:
"More than that," he said. "I can't even imagine what more than hate is. You have to go to vocabulary and find out."

"I would love to tell you that it's just another regular- season game, but it's not. It's personal," Vujacic said. "Hate is a very strong word, but I would say I don't want to hate their names, I just want to play against them. And If I'm speaking in the name of all the Lakers fans, we dislike them more than anything."

"Last year was their time," he said. "They had the momentum in the Finals and were able to carry it to the end. Now we know who we are and we have our own identity. It is our time."

I'm just wondering why Celtic fans can't admit to a loss as well as the players themselves can. :unsure:

Edited by jeezyBEAST™, December 27, 2008 - 05:20 PM.

#2 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted December 28, 2008 - 02:55 AM

Doc

re: Lakers D: "It was good," Rivers said. "We rushed shots, but they were there. You've got to give them that credit. We can say we were sloppy, we can say we missed shots. But at the end of the day, Bynum was in the right place. He was long and they made us miss shots."

"It's amazing. I mean, he's one of the greatest coaches of all time," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "I can guarantee you that I won't win 1,000 games because I won't be around that long. It's just an amazing number. When you throw up 1,000 wins, that says a lot."

KG

"It was my first Christmas game, and I'm obviously blessed to be here," Garnett said. "There's a reason why teams are playing on this special day, so it had a playoff energy and a playoff atmosphere to it, absolutely. It's tough when you lose against anybody. We probably took a step back, but hats off to a good Laker team. Pau made big shots when he had to and Kobe put stress on the defense."

Pierce

"We lost to a team that played better than us tonight," Pierce said. "Give them all the credit. We just have to play better down the stretch."

Perkins

"They outhustled us and worked harder than us," Celtics center Kendrick Perkins said. "They were just hungrier."

But I really love these Sasha quotes:

Sasha

"We've been listening to forever to people calling us soft, calling us not a defensive team. Whatever," Vujacic said. "We wanted to prove them wrong and we've been waiting for the opportunity for a long time."

"It was not just another game," he said. "I was waiting for this for a couple of months."

re: Does he hate the Celtics: "I'm not going to say hate, but I dislike them," Vujacic said. "Hate is a strong word. I don't like them. I don't want to talk about them."

re: Asked again if he hates the Celtics:
"More than that," he said. "I can't even imagine what more than hate is. You have to go to vocabulary and find out."

"I would love to tell you that it's just another regular- season game, but it's not. It's personal," Vujacic said. "Hate is a very strong word, but I would say I don't want to hate their names, I just want to play against them. And If I'm speaking in the name of all the Lakers fans, we dislike them more than anything."

"Last year was their time," he said. "They had the momentum in the Finals and were able to carry it to the end. Now we know who we are and we have our own identity. It is our time."

I'm just wondering why Celtic fans can't admit to a loss as well as the players themselves can. :unsure:

The players wouldn't blame the refs, that's a fine in the NBA, a nice lump of money.

#3 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted December 28, 2008 - 03:55 AM

because the teams know they did badly. even saying the refs suck is only a 10k fine really. whats that to a 20 million dollar player? nothing.

they just know they got outworked on a special day. fans will never allow it because they got hommer glasses on.

im more interested in what they said about the GS win over the celts.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users