6 replies to this topic

#1 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,713 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 25, 2008 - 11:57 PM

Tonight, not only did the hornets get rocked by orlando, but chris paul didn't get a steal. ending his NBA record streak at 108 games having at least one steal.

Posted Image

#2 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,166 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted December 26, 2008 - 12:08 AM

theres so many records in the nba... saw the ending of this game. 5 or 6 mins without a basket from either side wtf?! lol

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#3 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 26, 2008 - 01:22 AM

It's a pretty amazing record. I think the one he broke stood for 20 so years.

Amazing stuff for an amazing PG. But what happened to the Hornets today? :blink:

#4 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,284 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 26, 2008 - 01:43 AM

It is an amazing record for sure. unbelievable to think what Paul may accomplish in his career. I mean the guy is still only a 3rd year player right now! Yikes!

What happened to the Hornets not only today but this year is what I was telling some before the year started.

Last year, they were a surprise. people knew Paul was good, but not to the extent of making those around him better.

This year, the secret's out and they can't surprise anyone any more. (i.e. - the Clippers of a couple years ago. The difference between their run in the playoffs and the immediate drop-off the next year was close to this situation with the hornets)

Playing as the young upstart team most take lightly is easier than playing as a now established good team with a target on your back.

Ask the Lakers.

When you come to town and teams (no matter how good or bad) get up to play you at their best, it makes wins much harder to get.

So is the lament of the Hornets this year. A deeper bench, more size in the front court and athletic depth on their bench will go a long way to making them more powerful. until then, the teams that play with size and the ability to know others are ready to give them their best (as with the Magic) will get the best of them.

#5 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 08:15 AM

It's a pretty amazing record. I think the one he broke stood for 20 so years.

Amazing stuff for an amazing PG. But what happened to the Hornets today? :blink:

we ruined them, and it showed. lakers ruin teams, shake them to the core.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#6 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 26, 2008 - 09:42 AM

i think he will regress in his steals, look at other pgs stealpg as the years go by
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#7 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 26, 2008 - 10:07 AM

i think he will regress in his steals, look at other pgs stealpg as the years go by

regress in steals at the tender age of 23? stockton wa averaging 2 steals a game after 13 years in the league, jordan 2 steals a game after 10 years, hell jordan and stockton only averaged 3 steals a game once in their entire careers with john doing it in his 5th year and jordan doing it in his 4th year ... this is CP3's 3rd year in the league
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users