Photo

Josh's Newborn: Hayden Simone Powell

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,375 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted December 25, 2008 - 03:24 AM

Posted Image

Looking for additional quickness, depth and smooth skin in the backcourt, the Lakers signed newborn Hayden Simone Powell on Tuesday evening at 10:37 p.m. in New Orleans.

Hayden’s listed measurements are (an athletic) 7.1 pounds and 19 3/4 inches. It wasn’t all smooth sailing at first, however, as the Lakers had to throw in a few crates of Gerber’s Apple Sauce to ensure that Hayden would make a hand print on the contract.

Proud father Josh Powell, who already boasts a talented young daughter, Patience, with his wife Lauren, couldn’t be happier to welcome Hayden into the organization.

“I’m very proud I have two wonderful, beautiful girls,” said Powell.

Josh is just a tad bigger than his new daughter at 6-9, 240 pounds, but it’s already clear that his athletic instincts have been passed on.

“Sure, Hayden might be on the small side of the league, but she’s extremely agile,” said a source close to the team. “I don’t think anyone in the NBA can match up with Hayden size wise, though Nate Robinson may come the closest.”

“Yeah, I mean, I can’t think of any reason why L.A. doesn’t make that acquisition,” added Lakers radio voice Spero Dedes. “I think I speak for everybody when I say that we’re all excited to see how Phil Jackson employs Hayden into the rotation.”

Lauren, Hayden and Patience will hang out in New Orleans to gloat over L.A.’s 100-87 win for a few days, while Josh will return to join his teammates in Los Angeles heading into the Christmas Day game against Boston.

Welcome to the family, Hayden!

http://my.lakers.com...-simone-powell/

Congrats, Josh!
Hey Laker fans! Check out this internet radio talk show for TRUE Laker fans. Hear them out and let them know what you think about the show. Send them an email with your thought and opinions on the Lakers, the show, or any other topic you want. Thanks for listening and GO LAKERS!! www.purpleandgoldradioshow.com

Signatures may contain an image, but may not be any larger than 468x140.

#2 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 25, 2008 - 03:35 AM

Much much better name than Patience, no offense. Feel a little bad for that girl.

This name however reminds me of Miss Hayden Panetierre, and THAT, is DEFINITELY, NOT a bad thing. :drool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users