#81 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 26, 2008 - 09:37 PM

Kobe now but in the future LeBron. No disrespect to any of them because you know that's how I roll.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#82 revgen

revgen

Rookie

• 969 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 09:40 PM

Lebron is playing better than Kobe right now, because his team needs more from him than the Lakers need from Kobe.

So yes, Lebron will most likely win the MVP this year as a result.

Does that make him better than Kobe? No.

All you have to do is look at what happened during the olympics last summer to know who the best player in the NBA is.

Edited by revgen, December 26, 2008 - 09:42 PM.

#83 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 09:56 PM

I spent too much energy arguing over is Kobe better than MJ? I am so tired of arguing that so I think I will just have to wait a couple of years to argue who is better Kobe or LBJ. Plus I think we have more important fish to fry such as the Celtics.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#84 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 26, 2008 - 10:01 PM

I know for real. You never see people argue who's better like Kobe Bryant from '03 or Kobe Bryant from '06.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#85 Rene

Rene

Reborn

• 418 posts
  • Name:Rene

Posted December 27, 2008 - 12:03 AM

It's sort of a phenomenon. By sheer technicality, we have to agree that LeBron James is better. But he's not. Granted, Kobe Bryant is in his prime, and is only going to decline (scary word, eh?), LeBron James would be my choice, right now. Then again, these players are in different situations and it's understandable that LeBron is a statistical beast. It depends on the given situation, if I'm going to build a team around one player, it's going to be LeBron James. Scoring is made from the inside-out. The only team with a dominant backcourt able to win multiple championships were the Chicago Bulls. Other than that, you need inside scoring to win, whether it'd be a solid PF or C. LeBron James is a SF, but the bigger, the better.

#86 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 27, 2008 - 09:41 AM

^ bulls had a Dominant TEAM, yeah MJ was the man but Scottie, Rodman, Kerr,Horace, Harper, Kukoc, Paxson, Wennington...etc, everyone filled their role...plus their frontcourt members ranged from solid(Wennngton) to great(scottie)
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#87 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,654 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 27, 2008 - 10:01 AM

I'm talking in regards to DEFENSE. Mutombo was defensive player of the year. Get it in your head please. Give me a DPOY as second option to an offensive MVP anyday over Larry Hughes please.

Playoff stats are the only statistics that count. His during the year stats were 12/12/2 blks. Keep ignoring the fact that Iverson had the best defensive player in the game next to him while LeBron had Gooden. I guess anything to savor Kobe's legacy.

talking about defense? then who are you arguing with? i'm convince you actually don't read my posts at all and you just post about whatever will make you feel like you won. i'm not arguing with you about defense, and second options, never was, never said i was. where do you get this stuff? why are you changing the argument in the middle of it in an attempt not to lose? at no point did i argue against the fact that mutombo was a defensive player of the year? thats already in my head thank you very much, you don't have to convince me of that. this has nothing to do with second options and defensive players of the year. i'm not ignoring the fact that he had the best defensive player that year next to him

and this has nothing to do with kobe at this point in the argument. i should just start reposting the same exact things i said in my previous posts because you never address 80% of it. did you find me the 3 people to agree with your dwight howard statement? didn't think so, then why are we still talking about this? i'll make this really easy for you, here is my argument, this is what i've been arguing with you, i don't know what you've been arguing, but this is what i've been arguing this whole time...

Lebron James had a better TEAM...i repeat TEAM around him the year he went to the NBA finals in compared to Allen Iverson's TEAM...i repeat TEAM the year he went.

thats all i've been arguing, please give me argument against that if you want to continue, not an argument against something i'm not arguing, like who had the best second option, or who had the single best defensive player.

Edited by Game505, December 27, 2008 - 01:23 PM.

Posted Image

#88 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted December 28, 2008 - 04:40 AM

LeBron is the worlds best player

Lebron's new spokesperson for his new Commercials
Posted Image
Posted Image

#89 Thizz

Thizz

Rookie

• 299 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 28, 2008 - 03:44 PM

Posted Image

:lol: Yo that was exactly what I was thinking when I was watching his commercial. Is damn Ashy Larry promoting this [expletive]?

#90 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 28, 2008 - 06:37 PM

Wow, Iverson's team was crap compared to Lebron's...

Mutombo was great, but he only played 26 games...I mean, dayam, most of that year, Theo freaking Ratliff (worst all-star EVER) was their starting center and second option! I'll take Gooden over him... Eric Snow was an elite defender, but offensively, he is worse than Kwame...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#91 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2008 - 07:18 PM

I might consider Lebron being the best player once he improves his streaky shot to a decent mid-long range shot just like Kobe.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#92 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 28, 2008 - 10:10 PM

Wow, Iverson's team was crap compared to Lebron's...

Mutombo was great, but he only played 26 games...I mean, dayam, most of that year, Theo freaking Ratliff (worst all-star EVER) was their starting center and second option! I'll take Gooden over him... Eric Snow was an elite defender, but offensively, he is worse than Kwame...

actually were talking about 2000-01 where he played every game that season, but the only time deke killed it in points was more in the playoffs rather than the regular season, he was a very good rebounder and shotblocker tho
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#93 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,749 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 29, 2008 - 01:31 AM

Posted Image

haha

the candy man is back
Posted Image

Edited by androsays, December 29, 2008 - 01:32 AM.

2div

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users