#21 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 25, 2008 - 09:39 AM

of course i sill say kobe, but these are the tops in the league...kobe,lebron,wade,paul,howard,garnett,yao(healthy),duncan
these are the cream of the crop of the nba, and i guess depending on what you want either of these guys is a great choice. i would have to put it in this order today...actually the order above is right
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#22 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted December 25, 2008 - 10:58 AM

Definitely LeBron. How many players can single handedly take a bunch of scrubs to the finales?

Yes, Kobe does have 3 rings. But who did he play with? Shaq when Shaq putting up some of the best single seasons in NBA history.

Give LeBron somebody half as good as Shaq please.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#23 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 25, 2008 - 11:02 AM

Kobe is still the best Don't give James that title yet at least until Kobe retires.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#24 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,723 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted December 25, 2008 - 11:07 AM

Definitely LeBron. How many players can single handedly take a bunch of scrubs to the finales?

Yes, Kobe does have 3 rings. But who did he play with? Shaq when Shaq putting up some of the best single seasons in NBA history.

Give LeBron somebody half as good as Shaq please.

ummm, allen iverson did it, and probably with less help and against better competition in the east back then, and he actually won a game in the finals against the lakers who hadn't lost a single game all playoffs...WOW, he must be better than kobe and bron bron. when lebron made the finals, he went through a weak eastern conference, only to get DESTROYED by the spurs in 4 games.

edit: and oh yea, name me a team that has won a championship without at least two great players in the last 30 years or so?

Edited by Game505, December 25, 2008 - 11:20 AM.

Posted Image

#25 Guest_Nyla_*

Guest_Nyla_*

Posted December 25, 2008 - 11:08 AM

Blah, blah, blah... Living closer to Cleveland than any other NBA market, I used to find going to Cavs games and watching LeBron play enjoyable. However, now it's just nauseating. The guy is way too over marketed. You can't watch any NBA game, or for that matter any sporting event, without seeing him 50 times.

Him and Kobe are even in my opinion. Each has different qualities that I like. I'd take Kobe for experience. No one can use the excuse about LeBron's defense anymore, though. He has vastly improved since Mike Brown took over as coach.

#26 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 25, 2008 - 11:28 AM

why do people call lebron's cast "scrubs", ithink they under estimate his front court, big z, varejo, and joe smith at the time were incredible offensive rebounders, he has always had shooters, "boobie" emerged that year in the playoffs, and vets like donyell marshall filled their role, but 505 was right when he said allen did it, with a defensive team built around an offensive superstar, and the Lakers looked "soft" against the Celtics, then how did the Cavs look that year?
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#27 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,287 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 25, 2008 - 12:39 PM

Yep, Iverson did it, Reggie Miller did it, Jason Kidd did it.

Its been done before. The key is winning the Finals, not just making it. I think we all know that right?

#28 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted December 25, 2008 - 12:49 PM

Didn't we pummel the same Spurs team that Lebron faced in the finals?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#29 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted December 25, 2008 - 01:43 PM

ummm, allen iverson did it, and probably with less help and against better competition in the east back then, and he actually won a game in the finals against the lakers who hadn't lost a single game all playoffs...WOW, he must be better than kobe and bron bron. when lebron made the finals, he went through a weak eastern conference, only to get DESTROYED by the spurs in 4 games.

edit: and oh yea, name me a team that has won a championship without at least two great players in the last 30 years or so?

And that's why Allen Iverson is considered an all time great. But you also have to take into account Iverson had DPOY in Mutombo. What did Bron have? Drew Gooden? Stop trying to revise history to make Kobe look better.

And keep in mind, Reggie Miller and Iverson never had to get past a team the same caliber as the Detroit Pistons, a team that was top 3 in the league at the time.

Edited by lakerfool, December 25, 2008 - 01:46 PM.

#30 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted December 25, 2008 - 01:47 PM

Didn't we pummel the same Spurs team that Lebron faced in the finals?

Didn't we have Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, and Derek Fisher instead of Big Z and Drew Gooden?

#31 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted December 25, 2008 - 01:48 PM

why do people call lebron's cast "scrubs", ithink they under estimate his front court, big z, varejo, and joe smith at the time were incredible offensive rebounders, he has always had shooters, "boobie" emerged that year in the playoffs, and vets like donyell marshall filled their role, but 505 was right when he said allen did it, with a defensive team built around an offensive superstar, and the Lakers looked "soft" against the Celtics, then how did the Cavs look that year?

LOL! So you're saying that Gasol, Odom, Fisher are equal to Z Varejao, and Gooden?

The Cavs last year took the Celtics to 7 games.

#32 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,723 posts

Posted December 25, 2008 - 02:25 PM

And that's why Allen Iverson is considered an all time great. But you also have to take into account Iverson had DPOY in Mutombo. What did Bron have? Drew Gooden? Stop trying to revise history to make Kobe look better.

And keep in mind, Reggie Miller and Iverson never had to get past a team the same caliber as the Detroit Pistons, a team that was top 3 in the league at the time.

no one is tryin to revise history, iverson is my second favorite player, so i know who was on his team. did you watch that detroit cleveland series that year? detroit was terrible, rasheed didn't show up and all that talking they did ruined them. even if detroit had been playing well in that series, doesn't change the fact that bron bron had a better team, and if you think otherwise, you don't know what you're talkin about...check the rosters, bron bron had damon jones shooting 38.5%, boobie gibson shooting 42% and pavlovic shooting 40% from beyond the arc, all better than anyone playing more than 12 minutes per game for philly that year. freaking tyrone hill and aaron mckie were philly's second leading scorers that year, putting up 12.4 and 11.6 respectively. bron bron had drew gooden just over 11ppg, larry hughes @ 15, big Z @ 12. donyell marshall and ira newble could also shoot the 3, putting up 35% and 33% respectively. i didn't even get into verajao and what he brings on the defensive end...don't even attempt to try to tell me that iverson had a better squad than bron bron in those seasons. BS with a capital B

Edited by Game505, December 25, 2008 - 02:28 PM.

Posted Image

#33 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted December 25, 2008 - 03:40 PM

no one is tryin to revise history, iverson is my second favorite player, so i know who was on his team. did you watch that detroit cleveland series that year? detroit was terrible, rasheed didn't show up and all that talking they did ruined them. even if detroit had been playing well in that series, doesn't change the fact that bron bron had a better team, and if you think otherwise, you don't know what you're talkin about...check the rosters, bron bron had damon jones shooting 38.5%, boobie gibson shooting 42% and pavlovic shooting 40% from beyond the arc, all better than anyone playing more than 12 minutes per game for philly that year. freaking tyrone hill and aaron mckie were philly's second leading scorers that year, putting up 12.4 and 11.6 respectively. bron bron had drew gooden just over 11ppg, larry hughes @ 15, big Z @ 12. donyell marshall and ira newble could also shoot the 3, putting up 35% and 33% respectively. i didn't even get into verajao and what he brings on the defensive end...don't even attempt to try to tell me that iverson had a better squad than bron bron in those seasons. BS with a capital B

Wow, you seriously are delusional.

You're trying to say that Gooden's 11 ppg is what made the difference? Big Z putting up 12? ROFLMAO! Ira Newble? The same Newble who couldn't get 5 per game on the Lakers? HAHAHAHAHAHA. And now You're trying to say that they have great 3pt shooters? LOL. Seriously, come up with a better argument. You just named a bunch of scrubs.

Dikembe Mutombo averaged 14 pts, 14 reb, 3 blocks per game. Yet, you're trying to tell me that 11 ppg Gooden equals that? LOL.

#34 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted December 25, 2008 - 03:41 PM

Who has more weaknesses in their game; Kobe or Lebron?

#35 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 25, 2008 - 03:44 PM

Lebron has more weaknesses in his game, but he's getting up there. His defense has vastly improved. I will still take Kobe over him right now, but Lebron will be a great after Kobe retires, and maybe even during the final years of Kobe's career.

#36 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,723 posts

Posted December 25, 2008 - 04:00 PM

Wow, you seriously are delusional.

You're trying to say that Gooden's 11 ppg is what made the difference? Big Z putting up 12? ROFLMAO! Ira Newble? The same Newble who couldn't get 5 per game on the Lakers? HAHAHAHAHAHA. And now You're trying to say that they have great 3pt shooters? LOL. Seriously, come up with a better argument. You just named a bunch of scrubs.

Dikembe Mutombo averaged 14 pts, 14 reb, 3 blocks per game. Yet, you're trying to tell me that 11 ppg Gooden equals that? LOL.

are you serious? wow, and you're calling me delusional? if you paid attention to anything i said, which you clearly didn't, i said lebron had a better TEAM...NOWHERE in my argument did i say anything about goodens #s equaling mutombo's. NOWHERE did i even hint that gooden's 11 ppg is what made the differnce...where are you getting this stuff? how come when you argue with me you just make up a bunch that i never said instead of addressing what i'm trying to say. there were more people on the 76ers that year than dikembe mutumbo and allen iversion, the reason i didn't name anymore of them is because they were all basically garbage. much more garbage than the people i named from bron bron's team. i also never said great 3 point shooters, though i'll argue that 40% is considered great, and being that they had 2 players over 40, i guess you're right, they did have great 3 points shooters.

here is my argument - lebron had a better TEAM (the whole roster, not 2 players) the year they went to they went to the finals than allen iverson had the year he went to the finals. if you care to argue that, please do.

Posted Image

#37 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted December 25, 2008 - 05:01 PM

Ill take kobe over lebron in almost all situations. kobe is 2nd to none.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#38 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted December 25, 2008 - 05:35 PM

the kobe and lebron comparisons are becoming as annoying as michael and magic

its like trying to fit square pegs into a circular hole

both are easily the best at what they do

kobe has by far the best mid range game as well as post game for any perimeter player and is also the best passer in the NBA out of a double team

lebron is the best finisher, best at getting to the basket, best at initiating fastbreaks like magic johnson used to, best at reading the court and passing to cutters from the 3pt line

both of them play very different games and very different styles

if you want to include everyone statistically noone is better than chris paul or dwight howard

20+ppg 13rpg 4bpg

and then paul

20+ppg 12apg 3spg

are you kidding me

its not a question of whose the best because in all honesty that doesn't matter its who wins the most and right now kobe is trying to win a couple more rings

he has all of the individual accolades which are like padding stats but when it comes down to it winning is everything and as of now neither kobe, lebron, paul, or howard have won anything of consequence as sole leaders of their teams

and the true testament to kobes greatness is he was great amongst players like

shaq
duncan
AI

and now he still shines amongst the young guys like

lebron
paul
howard

it is truly a testemant to greatness when you are considered top 2 by just about everyone for 2 seperate eras

not only that but considered a top 2 shooting guard all time only behind the greatest of all time

so stop comparing kobe to this or kobe to that and start realizing he is unquestionably the greatest player of this era of basketball much in the same way lebron will be the unquestionable greatest player of his era
Posted Image

#39 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,723 posts

Posted December 25, 2008 - 05:38 PM

the kobe and lebron comparisons are becoming as annoying as michael and magic

its like trying to fit square pegs into a circular hole

both are easily the best at what they do

kobe has by far the best mid range game as well as post game for any perimeter player and is also the best passer in the NBA out of a double team

lebron is the best finisher, best at getting to the basket, best at initiating fastbreaks like magic johnson used to, best at reading the court and passing to cutters from the 3pt line

both of them play very different games and very different styles

if you want to include everyone statistically noone is better than chris paul or dwight howard

20+ppg 13rpg 4bpg

and then paul

20+ppg 12apg 3spg

are you kidding me

its not a question of whose the best because in all honesty that doesn't matter its who wins the most and right now kobe is trying to win a couple more rings

he has all of the individual accolades which are like padding stats but when it comes down to it winning is everything and as of now neither kobe, lebron, paul, or howard have won anything of consequence as sole leaders of their teams

and the true testament to kobes greatness is he was great amongst players like

shaq
duncan
AI

and now he still shines amongst the young guys like

lebron
paul
howard

it is truly a testemant to greatness when you are considered top 2 by just about everyone for 2 seperate eras

not only that but considered a top 2 shooting guard all time only behind the greatest of all time

so stop comparing kobe to this or kobe to that and start realizing he is unquestionably the greatest player of this era of basketball much in the same way lebron will be the unquestionable greatest player of his era

thank you...i'm glad someone else realizes these things, you and i think alike

Edited by Game505, December 25, 2008 - 05:39 PM.

Posted Image

#40 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted December 25, 2008 - 06:32 PM

Respect to last stand for that post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users