7 replies to this topic

#1 ogarte24

ogarte24

Rookie

• 113 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 05, 2008 - 08:58 AM

http://sports.yahoo....e...n&type=lgns

If the Lakers had won a title this season, the Kobe Bryant/Michael Jordan comparisons would’ve gone into overdrive. The MVP, a changed man, leading his team past a mighty defense.

But just because the Boston Celtics absolutely mutilated the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday night and pretty much controlled them throughout the series, it doesn’t mean Bryant’s stock has plummeted. It has fallen, for sure, but only in the sense that it has returned to earth. And with the ‘08 Celtics having staked their claim to greatness, Bryant now has a chance to define his legacy is a real, convincing way.

Let’s be honest: As impressive as the Lakers’ rise in the West was this season, the Celtics were head and shoulders above any team the Lakers faced en route to the NBA Finals. The Celtics were the only heavyweight in sight, the only team that had the feel of greatness about it. The Lakers’ offing of San Antonio proved that, at least this year, the Spurs were not on that level.

Please don't post the whole article. - Nissan

#2 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 05, 2008 - 09:21 AM

thats pure garbage right there

why are you posting this man...its a month old

Edited by MDI, August 05, 2008 - 09:23 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#3 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts
  • Name:Alex.
  • Fan Since:Strawberry Fields Forever
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted August 05, 2008 - 09:52 AM

"The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure.
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences,
and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon,
for each day to have a new and different sun."

#4 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 05, 2008 - 09:55 AM

This write-up is a failure.

#5 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 05, 2008 - 11:16 AM

http://sports.yahoo....e...n&type=lgns

Kobe€™s failure could pave way for far greater success

By Nathaniel Friedman - SportingNews Jul 7, 12:23 pm EDT

If the Lakers had won a title this season, the Kobe Bryant/Michael Jordan comparisons would€™ve gone into overdrive. The MVP, a changed man, leading his team past a mighty defense.

But just because the Boston Celtics absolutely mutilated the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday night and pretty much controlled them throughout the series, it doesn€™t mean Bryant€™s stock has plummeted. It has fallen, for sure, but only in the sense that it has returned to earth. And with the €˜08 Celtics having staked their claim to greatness, Bryant now has a chance to define his legacy is a real, convincing way.

Let€™s be honest: As impressive as the Lakers€™ rise in the West was this season, the Celtics were head and shoulders above any team the Lakers faced en route to the NBA Finals. The Celtics were the only heavyweight in sight, the only team that had the feel of greatness about it. The Lakers€™ offing of San Antonio proved that, at least this year, the Spurs were not on that level.

Wow, this Nathaniel Friedman has Boston bandwagoner written all over him. He's not giving Kobe or the Lakers enough credit and he's really going over the top with his praise of the Celtics. Considering we didn't have our starting center and defensive powerhouse, we had a remarkable second half of the season all the way to the Finals. What would have happened if the C's didn't have KG, would they have even gotten to the ECF? No way. The way I see it, if KG weren't there for the C's (much like Bynum wasn't there for us), the C's would have been screwed. One player can make all the difference...

Kobe's never pushed himself to his limits? What kind of BS is that? These writers gone Celtic bandwagoners are beyond annoying at this point

#6 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 05, 2008 - 11:29 AM

Hmm, I missed this writeup, but I thought it's a good read? Positively towards Kobe in fact...I do agree with a couple(may not be all) of his points though, and since kobe's somewhat in the position of MJ vs Pistons, I'd say it's a good similar comparison...

Am I missing some points here? Or maybe I'm just too tired now...3+am my side...so I'm missing the entire thing...;)

#7 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 05, 2008 - 11:32 AM

Hmm, I missed this writeup, but I thought it's a good read? Positively towards Kobe in fact...I do agree with a couple(may not be all) of his points though, and since kobe's somewhat in the position of MJ vs Pistons, I'd say it's a good similar comparison...

Am I missing some points here? Or maybe I'm just too tired now...3+am my side...so I'm missing the entire thing...;)

Pretty much... :lol:

#8 LkrsOvrMia 2

LkrsOvrMia 2

Rookie

• 40 posts
  • Fav. Laker:This is a team sport!

Posted August 05, 2008 - 12:24 PM

I hear that.

Failure?

We're well ahead of schedule!
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users