#1 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza 4 MVP

Posted December 24, 2008 - 04:53 PM

BUT 1-4 when he does not block a shot.

THEREFORE in EVERY one of our losses except 1, Bynum did not block a shot.

Hmm, really shows how important his role is...

Edited by Daddy4MVP, December 29, 2008 - 11:29 AM.

Posted Image

#2 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 24, 2008 - 05:04 PM

He better swat KG and Perkins 5 times a piece tomorrow. Oh, and send Pierce to the floor with a clothesline at the end of the 4th when the game is already in hand.

#3 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 24, 2008 - 05:27 PM

interesting
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#4 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 05:30 PM

He better swat KG and Perkins 5 times a piece tomorrow. Oh, and send Pierce to the floor with a clothesline at the end of the 4th when the game is already in hand.

We can have Chris Mihm do that. Or activate Mbenga to go black belt on Pierce's [expletive]

#5 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,486 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 06:05 PM

paul pierce is the only person in the league i would enjoy to see injured

not any injury though

i want him to injure his right knee

otherwise i would feel bad

but he owes us a right knee injury
Posted Image

#6 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 24, 2008 - 06:17 PM

^ oh you mean a "real" injury or another one of the ones we got already from last year lol
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#7 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 24, 2008 - 07:14 PM

Do you know which game is the game where he blocked a shot and we still lost? I hope he gets ready on Christmas Day. I want to see him knock someone's shot out of the court.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#8 Thizz

Thizz

Rookie

• 299 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 24, 2008 - 07:15 PM

Bynum needs to stay out of foul trouble. His defense is key to stopping the Celtics inside game.

#9 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 07:27 PM

good get on the stat and it is an important one.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#10 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 07:32 PM

Do you know which game is the game where he blocked a shot and we still lost? I hope he gets ready on Christmas Day. I want to see him knock someone's shot out of the court.

Pistons game, 8p/9r/4a/3blks

Toronto was our only win where he had no blocks. 18/10

Edited by Imadogg, December 24, 2008 - 07:33 PM.

#11 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 24, 2008 - 07:40 PM

:yawn: Just a coincidental stat. I'm sure there are dozens of coincidental stats out there. The effect of Bynum getting a block or not over the span of an entire game is minuscule, unless it's some last second game-winning block (but that has never happened this year since he doesn't play final minutes in close games). If Bynum plays solid defense when he's on the floor, then we have a better chance of winning games. I don't need a stat to figure that out.

#12 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 24, 2008 - 07:42 PM

^cynicism at its best
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#13 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 07:46 PM

How is that cynicism? That's called common sense. Just because Bynum gets a block doesn't mean we have a 95% of actually winning the game. ^Delusional at its best.

#14 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 07:53 PM

Oh just saw we beat Sac too with him having 0 blocks. My bad.

^cynicism at its best

Lol wtf.

If this stat spanned like 3 years it could be more credible. I was telling my brother about this stat and saying it's coincidental as well.

We're undefeated when Bynum gets 1 block. He should just get one and leave the game. 7-0.

11-0 when he hits double digit rebounds.

#15 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 09:39 PM

:yawn: Just a coincidental stat. I'm sure there are dozens of coincidental stats out there. The effect of Bynum getting a block or not over the span of an entire game is minuscule, unless it's some last second game-winning block (but that has never happened this year since he doesn't play final minutes in close games). If Bynum plays solid defense when he's on the floor, then we have a better chance of winning games. I don't need a stat to figure that out.

i don't think that's the point...it could just mean, when Bynum is focused and plays good D inside, we do well
Posted Image

#16 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 25, 2008 - 10:10 PM

actually he got 1 block when we got beat by detroit, but we did win today against the celts and he got 2
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#17 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 12:07 AM

How is that cynicism? That's called common sense. Just because Bynum gets a block doesn't mean we have a 95% of actually winning the game. ^Delusional at its best.

hmmm BYNUM HAD A BLOCK AGHAINST THE CELTICS AND WE WON.....
Posted Image

#18 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 12:29 AM

hmmm BYNUM HAD A BLOCK AGHAINST THE CELTICS AND WE WON.....

Yes. We won the game because Bynum had a block. It had nothing to do with scoring more points than the other team. It had nothing to do with finally playing some good team defense. It had nothing to do with Kobe's great overall game, and Pau's clutchness in the final minutes. it wasn't because basically everyone played well. It wasn't because they just outhustled the C's. It was because Bynum had a block. Bynum's block alone means we have better than a 95% chance of winning the game. Great logic.

#19 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 01:00 AM

Yes. We won the game because Bynum had a block. It had nothing to do with scoring more points than the other team. It had nothing to do with finally playing some good team defense. It had nothing to do with Kobe's great overall game, and Pau's clutchness in the final minutes. it wasn't because basically everyone played well. It wasn't because they just outhustled the C's. It was because Bynum had a block. Bynum's block alone means we have better than a 95% chance of winning the game. Great logic.

Haha actually in this game, bynum had two blocks which would have translated into 4 easy points for boston and if we're counting all blocks, including Pau's, they could have scored that possesion and momentum would not be the same, so actually Bynums block could have won us the game
Posted Image

#20 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 01:09 AM

Haha actually in this game, bynum had two blocks which would have translated into 4 easy points for boston and if we're counting all blocks, including Pau's, they could have scored that possesion and momentum would not be the same, so actually Bynums block could have won us the game

Those blocks didn't win us the game. They HELPED us win the game, but it was just a small part in what the team did as a whole throughout the entire game. Kobe's 27 pts, 9 reb, 5 asts, and 1 stl helped win this game. Pau's 20 pts, 3 rebs, 5 asts, 1 stl, and 3 blocks helped win this game. Bynum's 9 pts, 7 reb, and 2 blocks helped win this game...and same with everyone else's stat line. Solid overall offense and defense helped win this game. To think that a Bynum block has some magical property that gives us a 95+% chance to win a game is absolutely ridiculous. Please stop trying to justify your logic. To be blunt, it's just plain dumb.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users