Photo

What, if any, weakness can we exploit from the Celtics?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 allornothing

allornothing

Rookie

• 195 posts

Posted December 23, 2008 - 08:08 PM

Last year , it was Rondo's inexperience and his outside shooting that we can exploit. However, he's improved his game a lot and he seems to be more confident than ever by distributing the ball. The other exploit is Kendrik Perkins but he's shown a little bit of an offensive game this year to go along with his rebounding.

The only think I can think of is let Garnett shoot the ball as much as possible. Allen and Pierce are too clutch and need the rhythm to be effective shooters.

Other than that, it's really hard to exploit this team.

#2 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,378 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 23, 2008 - 08:12 PM

We were dominated inside last year by Boston. Penetration by guards, easy buckets for Perkins and Garnett, etc. We take away the inside and make them a jump shooting team. Yeah they have pierce and allen but make them take jumpshots. On the offensive end, pound it inside and move the ball. Make the extra pass like we did against the Hornets.

Most importantly though, if you get pushed, push back. Show the Celtics that your going to have to deal with a different team then the one in the Finals.

#3 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 23, 2008 - 08:13 PM

We can exploit Pierce's knee if you know what I mean.

I think we can let one of their big 3 score as much as they want, but keep the other 2 down. Fisher and Sasha have to lock down on Rondo. I think Gasol doesn't have too much problems with Garnett. Bynum has to secure rebounds and block/change shots. Kobe will be Kobe. If we limit their chances to score, we have a great chance on winning this game, and I think we will.

#4 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted December 23, 2008 - 08:21 PM

play them Physical... rando goes in for a layup throw him on the ground hard.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#5 Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Name:Dexter Morgan
  • Fan Since:1893
  • Fav. Laker:Bobe Kryant

Posted December 23, 2008 - 08:26 PM

Kg and rondos outside shooting.

There prison like homosexuality

#6 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 23, 2008 - 08:27 PM

Staples Center should remove the courtside seats and put in wheelchairs for the fans to sit in. I can't wait to see what kinds of signs people bring.

#7 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 23, 2008 - 09:10 PM

the key weaknessess of the celtics are (imo):

1) rondo's FT and outside shooting
2) lack in perkins offensive game and FT shooting
3) keeping kg as a outside shooter
4) defending ray allen so he doesnt get into the game

1) rondo is a very good pg guard penetrator this year, his outside shot has improved but is still not that great, he as a 28% 3 pt shot ... letting us cheat off of him for help situations and getting a faster step on him in case of the high pick and roll ... his ft% is just horrible for a pg at 64%

2) his offensive game is based on rondo's, allen's, pierce's, and kg's ability to drive the ball, giving him open opportunites on help situations when his man leaves him for putbacks or open passes, imo that is why his FG% is so high, his FT% is horrible at 55% this year

3) forcing kg into an outside shooter is good for us, he can shoot the ball well (not as good as allen or pierce though), but with pau in his face he will be putting up hard to make shots each time which im okay with, better that than him using his speed to get inside for an easier shot or passing it off to perkins, we saw that he had problems with outside shooting against pau in the finals (it was the inside that killed us)

4) we also saw that ray allen can disappear in crunchtime situations (the only way to do this is deny him the ball throughout the game and imo put trevor on him) ... like last year in the playoffs (against the pistons and cavs but not against us though damnit), if we make him a nonfactor, that will be the most important weakness we can exploit against the celtics
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#8 Hayter M

Hayter M

Stinky

• Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Fan Since:1984

Posted December 23, 2008 - 10:13 PM

feed it to bynum and pau. take it to KG & Perkins and try to get them in foul trouble.

#9 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,340 posts

Posted December 23, 2008 - 10:20 PM

Yeah I agree - feed it to the guys inside.

#10 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted December 23, 2008 - 10:21 PM

feed it to bynum and pau. take it to KG & Perkins and try to get them in foul trouble.

That may be the key. If Bynum can get the best of Perkins and Pau hold his own against KG the lakers win. That and Pierce doesn't go crazy and Rondo doesn't dish out 15 assists. Damn the celtics are tough. Would it be wrong if I wish KG has an injury right before the PO's? LOL
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#11 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted December 23, 2008 - 10:23 PM

That may be the key. If Bynum can get the best of Perkins and Pau hold his own against KG the lakers win. That and Pierce doesn't go crazy and Rondo doesn't dish out 15 assists. Damn the celtics are tough. Would it be wrong if I wish KG has an injury right before the PO's? LOL

no. i want the lakers to face the fully healthy celtics and throw them such a beatdown not even a celtic fan can complain.

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#12 allornothing

allornothing

Rookie

• 195 posts

Posted December 23, 2008 - 10:39 PM

I think the celtics exploit there two offensive weaknesses very well. During the ends of game, Rondo and Perkins are two integral parts of the offense on the high pick and roll. Pierce will use Rondo's pick to isolate on our weakest defender which is Fisher.
I saw the C's do this twice on Bibby near the closing minutes of a very close game with Atlanta.
Perkins will bring Bynum to the top of the key by setting picks to free up shooters therefore making Bynum less of impact on the defensive end.

#13 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted December 23, 2008 - 11:13 PM

When they push, we need to push back.

It's that simple. We will need to bring it to beat the hottest team in the league.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users