Alpha Dog

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 23, 2008 - 12:55 AM

Posted Image

just saw alpha dog yesterday on one of the random movie channels. thought it was hilarious fernando vargas came out in it. loved when he threw a rock at a window with justin timberlake and said something along the lines of .. now it's time for a mexicano.. i'll show you que chingon estoy.. hahaha..

pretty good film.. great acting.. johnny truelove's rival was intense..

i was surprised at how talented sir timberlake was in his acting skills.. hot chicks in the film too, many.. very nice..

it was hard to watch when they killed the poor kid.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0426883/

Anyone else seen it? Thoughts? I highly recommend it.

Edited by Chicano, December 24, 2008 - 04:57 PM.

#2 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,920 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 23, 2008 - 01:08 AM

the blood when they shoot him is sooooo fake haha

but yeah i thought this movie was gonna suck, but was surprised that it was really good.

and i felt bad for JTs character. all he did was show the kid a great time (smoked his [expletive] OUT, partied, got him girls, the works).

2div

#3 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 23, 2008 - 01:09 AM

Sad story but good acting by JT.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#4 DeeZee

DeeZee

Sixth Man

• 4,190 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq. Magic. Kareem.

Posted December 23, 2008 - 09:44 AM

yeah ive seen this movie, thought it was good

#5 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 23, 2008 - 11:12 AM

i have a friend who kind of grew up with some of the jesse james hollywood crew. a lot of the events in the movie took place in the santa barbara area, but they changed the names of the cities. when they mention state street, its really state street in santa barbara, not whatever city they said it was, and the hotel that the party was at happened at a hotel in santa barbara as well. also, i think they talk about "fiesta" which is basically a giant party out on state street that happens every summer out here in SB

i enjoyed the movie too

Posted Image

#6 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 04:39 AM

Oh yea Game, well the main character in this, the kid who dies, is one of my friends from high school. Yea beat that!

It was sad to see him die on the big screen lol

#7 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,103 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 08:03 AM

Completely forgot this film ever existed. I remember when I first previews and stuff of it. Wanted to see it. JT is a great actor. Still gotta watch that film..

#8 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 10:38 AM

Oh yea Game, well the main character in this, the kid who dies, is one of my friends from high school. Yea beat that!

It was sad to see him die on the big screen lol

hmmm, got held back a few years? :nono: hahahaha

you're in SB too, you can appreciate it...that hotel was the lemon tree inn, on upper state

Posted Image

#9 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,346 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 24, 2008 - 11:17 AM

I have the movie saved on my DV-R, I'll have to check it out soon since you guys are praising it.

#10 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 01:58 PM

I have the movie saved on my DV-R, I'll have to check it out soon since you guys are praising it.

don't go into it thinking it'll be awesome, take it for what it is...it is pretty low budget too

Posted Image

#11 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 04:16 PM

hmmm, got held back a few years? :nono: hahahaha

you're in SB too, you can appreciate it...that hotel was the lemon tree inn, on upper state

Haha nooo the actor in the movie is my age. The dude who plays the kid who died, Anton Yelchin. I didn't mean the guy who really died if anyone thought that, that wouldn't be as cool......

I actually saw Anton at SB this halloween lol

#12 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 04:31 PM

Haha nooo the actor in the movie is my age. The dude who plays the kid who died, Anton Yelchin. I didn't mean the guy who really died if anyone thought that, that wouldn't be as cool......

ahh, that makes a lot more sense

Posted Image

#13 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 24, 2008 - 04:59 PM

Ahhh thanks for the clarification, sure sounded first time around like you knew the real actual kid that died. I was like you're kidding right? That's dope though. Did you ask him about the film? Is he all rich and [expletive]? Did he really get to bang all those hot chicks in the film?

#14 mlj0820

mlj0820

Rookie

• 442 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 05:24 PM

Love this movie.
JT's character is my favorite.
He does a great job. =]

TEAM FARMAR

#15 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 24, 2008 - 05:25 PM

Love this movie.
JT's character is my favorite.
He does a great job. =]

Yeah he's acting was dope. He should be more roles like that. :rock:
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#16 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 06:04 PM

Ahhh thanks for the clarification, sure sounded first time around like you knew the real actual kid that died. I was like you're kidding right? That's dope though. Did you ask him about the film? Is he all rich and [expletive]? Did he really get to bang all those hot chicks in the film?

Yea we talked about the film a bit, but he was cool, he wasn't into bragging about his occupation and he didn't really like talking about it, and during high school he still drove around a busted up old pickup truck. He said he smoked with JT for real during the film lol, and he gets [expletive] so I'm assuming he banged em.

He's in the upcoming Terminator and Star Trek... you guys know how I take a trillion pics? I have a bunch of him from high school... I should sell em if he gets famous! muahahahhahaha.
jk

#17 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 24, 2008 - 06:18 PM

^ That's awesome man. Thanks for sharing. I'd like to see some of those. You should share some with us and post em' here in the member pictures thread or something.. or heck, in this thread, rightfully so.

#18 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 08:26 PM

^ That's awesome man. Thanks for sharing. I'd like to see some of those. You should share some with us and post em' here in the member pictures thread or something.. or heck, in this thread, rightfully so.

Lol I'll just post a couple, these are from English class 11th grade in 2005... damn 3 years ago I've been alive forever :mellow:

Dude is funny and pretty smart in that philosophical/eloquent way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 24, 2008 - 08:32 PM

^ That is [expletive]in' awesome!! Props. Wish I knew a celebrity that close, that well. You have him as a friend on myspace too or what?

'd be even better though if you actually had a photo with him.. like you coming out in it too..

#20 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 08:35 PM

^ That is [expletive]in' awesome!! Props. Wish I knew a celebrity that close, that well. You have him as a friend on myspace too or what?

'd be even better though if you actually had a photo with him.. like you coming out in it too..

Here's when he came to SB

Posted Image
lol

But yea I need to look to see if I'm in any pics with him. The sad thing is that I always took all the pics in HS you know, so many random pics, and I'm behind the cam, there's so few pics of me :(.

I had him on facebook/myspace but he deleted em. Well deleted the facebook at least, haven't used myspace in forever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users