Long Term Trevor Ariza

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,927 posts

Posted December 25, 2008 - 08:01 AM

^ariza isnt clost to scottie, kobe is very close to jordan, but not there, but keep Ariza

Did you really read his post? I think you don't comprehend the English language

#42 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 25, 2008 - 08:39 AM

not close to jordan??? ... arguably hes not better but NOT CLOSE ..... kobe was a top 35 player in 2002 (they had a newer greatest 50 nba players list, i think it was like a book, back then from the NBA but i cant seem to find it, its not the 1996 list tho), imo, i think kobe would be in the top 15 already so i dont understand how he cant be "close" when jordan is arguably not even the #1 best player ever (tho in that book it put jordan at #1, but in 1996 jordan was listed at like #38) ... it could go to kareem, magic, wilt, or bill russell

A friend of mine in NY is a big NBA fan and not biased toward either MJ or Kobe. He just likes to watch NBA basketball. In his opinion Kobe is every bit as talented as Michael was. The differences he sees, which are few, are that MJ was stronger as he got older and Kobe has a better jump shot. Kobe's getting stronger now. The other difference he saw was the hype because the Magic-Bird Era was over and the league needed a new poster boy. I will add that the overall talent level in the NBA has been much greater during Kobe's tenure. Who was the Bulls competition in the East? The aging Bad Boys? The Patrick Ewing-John Starks Knicks? Rookie Shaquille O'Neal and the Orlando Magic? Yeah, MJ was better, but if you don't think they're close, it's just blind bias.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, December 25, 2008 - 08:40 AM.

#43 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 25, 2008 - 11:36 AM

Also to add to that Ken, Jordan 's talent might be surpassed, but greatness and talent arent the same thing. Pau is talented, as is odom, but they arent great but OBE IS... I WOULD EVEN ARGUE THAT THE BULLS' HAD ROLE PLAYERS THAT WERE CONSIDERED GREAT...like Pippen and Rodman without question, then Kerr, and Horace Grant, Ron Harper, and Kukoc...where as the Lakers arent there yet...even the Shaq Kobe Lakers had some great role players...Fish is basically one, and the point is that that seperates Kobe and MJ IMO
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#44 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 25, 2008 - 12:03 PM

Also to add to that Ken, Jordan 's talent might be surpassed, but greatness and talent arent the same thing. Pau is talented, as is odom, but they arent great but OBE IS... I WOULD EVEN ARGUE THAT THE BULLS' HAD ROLE PLAYERS THAT WERE CONSIDERED GREAT...like Pippen and Rodman without question, then Kerr, and Horace Grant, Ron Harper, and Kukoc...where as the Lakers arent there yet...even the Shaq Kobe Lakers had some great role players...Fish is basically one, and the point is that that seperates Kobe and MJ IMO

There's so much to discuss on this topic, but you an sum it up in 2 words: different eras.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, December 25, 2008 - 12:03 PM.

#45 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted December 25, 2008 - 12:27 PM

rainbow jumper, why do you comment to me, you are so far from my intellectual equal, its not even funny
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#46 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,795 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 25, 2008 - 12:31 PM

rainbow jumper, why do you comment to me, you are so far from my intellectual equal, its not even funny

Modest much? :lol:

#47 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 05:19 AM

not close to jordan??? ... arguably hes not better but NOT CLOSE ..... kobe was a top 35 player in 2002 (they had a newer greatest 50 nba players list, i think it was like a book, back then from the NBA but i cant seem to find it, its not the 1996 list tho), imo, i think kobe would be in the top 15 already so i dont understand how he cant be "close" when jordan is arguably not even the #1 best player ever (tho in that book it put jordan at #1, but in 1996 jordan was listed at like #38) ... it could go to kareem, magic, wilt, or bill russell

They can be close as players and skills, and obviously Kobe's one of the greatest already... but when you look at career accolades, wins, stats, impact, etc etc etc, I'm sorry to say Kobe's not close. Not yet, and I doubt ever will be unfortunately.

No need to argue it in this thread, I can make a new one with facts if you want, but I don't need to.

#48 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,656 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 26, 2008 - 06:53 AM

We need to sign him as soon as we can, he must stay here, and I'm sure he wants to stay.
Posted Image

#49 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted December 26, 2008 - 01:00 PM

We need to sign him as soon as we can, he must stay here, and I'm sure he wants to stay.

:rock:
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#50 ez24

ez24

Back To Back?

• 1,506 posts
  • Fan Since:99-00 Brothers would watch them play and I followed
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor Ariza, Kobe Bryant

Posted December 27, 2008 - 12:48 AM

i would literally cry if ariza left and whatever team he would go too i would have to root for them....well behind the lakers of course
Im still a Trevor Ariza Fan, Thanks For The Championship.

#51 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted December 27, 2008 - 01:23 AM

i would literally cry if ariza left and whatever team he would go too i would have to root for them....well behind the lakers of course

Seriously. Look at Turiaf thriving at GS. We MUST lock up Ariza ASAP!
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#52 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted December 27, 2008 - 09:47 AM

Turiaf is on a lottery team averaging 17 minutes, 2.4 ppg, 3.2 rpg, and 2.17 blks...im not impressed, and hopefully a LA native will realize rings are the thing

#53 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,927 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 06:21 PM

says the guy who smokes pot

#54 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 06:34 PM

says the guy who smokes pot

I knew this guy who did a [expletive]LOAD of horrible drugs and was one of the smartest dudes I knew. Dropped out of school cuz he didn't care.

#55 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,927 posts

Posted December 30, 2008 - 07:04 PM

I knew this guy who did a [expletive]LOAD of horrible drugs and was one of the smartest dudes I knew. Dropped out of school cuz he didn't care.

Is this dude Kobynum Gasopdgfhsiglh whatever that pothead name is

How do I block his post again?

Edited by Rainbow Jumper, December 30, 2008 - 07:04 PM.

#56 Beef

Beef

Rookie

• 392 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Bynum

Posted December 31, 2008 - 04:32 AM

Trade Odom,and keep Ariza! Thats all!

#57 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted December 31, 2008 - 06:10 AM

Turiaf thriving at GS!?

4 PPG, 3.10 RPG, 1.5 APG

:lol:

Kobynum Gasodom, stop disrespecting people just because they don't agree with you.

#58 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 31, 2008 - 03:29 PM

Turiaf thriving at GS!?

4 PPG, 3.10 RPG, 1.5 APG

:lol:

Kobynum Gasodom, stop disrespecting people just because they don't agree with you.

Nice job not mentioning minutes or BLOCKS.

#59 Master Zen

Master Zen

Rookie

• 482 posts
  • Name:Hugues
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted January 01, 2009 - 06:47 AM

I really hope we will resign him. An if not... With him and Odom gone, the only way is Ron Artest next summer! But I prefere Ariza!

#60 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,579 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted January 01, 2009 - 10:24 AM

yea...you can go to harvard and find people that smoke pot everyday, smoking pot is not equal to stupid...

not to say a lot of stupid people don't smoke pot...or some people aren't strong minded enough to understand moderation, and notice when it starts to negatively affect their life.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users