27 replies to this topic

#1 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted December 21, 2008 - 10:48 AM

From another forum

1. The Odometer pass - Typically far down the court - many times two handed and always far beyond the reach of the intended Laker.

2. The Ode to Long Striding - Typically a drive the center of the Lane with no lateral movement and the Super Long Odom strides that give the defender plenty of time to set up in the Lane and draw a charging foul.

3. The O What the Hell was that - Usually a crazy attempt at something like a pass in heavy traffic where you are left astonished that someone would even try it.

4. The O lets give it back - Always happens after a nice defensive stand and somehow someway results in our hero giving the ball back to the opponent right after a tough defensive stand

5. The O NO - This is always a 15-20 Ft Jumper shot early in the shot clock with no attempt whatsoever to play inside out. A clanging jumper that always results in a long rebound and a quick fastbreak bucket for the other team

6. Finally the O'Dumb- These don't happen every night but when he pulls these off they definitely take the cake. For the O'Dumb Oscar this year I nominate the pass to Sasha while he was standing in front of the bench in his warmups.

#2 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 21, 2008 - 11:15 AM

Good laugh...and yes, this about sums it up. One more is the turnover THEN the flagrant foul on the other team followed by a look of astonishment.

#3 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 21, 2008 - 11:17 AM

Hit it right on the head.

#4 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 21, 2008 - 11:18 AM

damn, its sad but true, I wanted to cheer for odom, but he is making it hard for me to respect him as a member of this team, he probably needs a d'antoni or even Karl type of system...but we need two griity vets if we trade him, a pg and pf
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#5 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 11:25 AM

Yup thats about it, Odom is never focus when he is playing. Anyone notice he is always talking like if its a pick up game or its practice... I tell myself, wtf is he talking and laughing. HIT THE DAMN FREE THROW Odom!!

#6 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted December 21, 2008 - 11:32 AM

Good laugh...and yes, this about sums it up. One more is the turnover THEN the flagrant foul on the other team followed by a look of astonishment.

Yo GC,
do you think management will end up trading L.O.?

#7 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 11:48 AM

Yo GC,
do you think management will end up trading L.O.?

No.

Not unless they get the better of the deal...which is not likely.

Hence the "No" response.

Would I? Yes. Prince and Marion would be at the top of my list. Then RJ, Redd, Andre Miller, Outlaw/Frye/Raef, Hinrich or Deng (+filler).

The truth is, we have SO much talent, we should NOT have to make a move. Even with LO on the bench, we have Kobe/Pau/Bynum as starters. Compare that to the Cavs LBJ/Big Z/ Mo? Not even close. Then, LO adds starter talent to one of the BEST benches in the league from last year...

Why are they playing better than the Lakers? Answer that and you will find the key to happiness and a 70 win season followed by 16-0 playoff record and the Larry O'Brien.

Edited by GCMD, December 21, 2008 - 11:50 AM.

#8 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 21, 2008 - 12:08 PM

^ how can u say not even close kobe and lebron are a wash, bigz and gasol-slight edge to gasol, and mo williams and bynum-slight edge to mo williams, he allows lebron to rest more and play off the ball...as i said before our talent isnt better than any one else's its our system when run to perfection, but right now, we arent doing that
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#9 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 12:17 PM

how bout the illegal defense?

he always commits a defensive 3 every game

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#10 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,963 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 06:03 PM

Forgot missing wide open lay ups

#11 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 11:13 PM

2. The Ode to Long Striding - Typically a drive the center of the Lane with no lateral movement and the Super Long Odom strides that give the defender plenty of time to set up in the Lane and draw a charging foul.

5. The O NO - This is always a 15-20 Ft Jumper shot early in the shot clock with no attempt whatsoever to play inside out. A clanging jumper that always results in a long rebound and a quick fastbreak bucket for the other team

Two I ALWAYS notice and make sure to bring to everyone's attention while watching a game.

#12 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 22, 2008 - 12:22 AM

fodumb

#13 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted December 22, 2008 - 12:26 AM

poor odom..all well. he should learn to dunk and not lay it up.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#14 mikedeezy2k8

mikedeezy2k8

24/7

• 271 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted December 22, 2008 - 05:24 AM

yall need to stop complaining, everything always falls back to lamar hes not even starting and its falling back, tell ur 14 mil boy andrew bynum to step it up

#15 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts

Posted December 22, 2008 - 12:01 PM

yall need to stop complaining, everything always falls back to lamar hes not even starting and its falling back, tell ur 14 mil boy andrew bynum to step it up

Seriously? He's been playing like crap for more than half the season, hasn't "flourished" in his role off the bench, and has been missing in action for a while now, you're still giving Odumb a chance?

#16 firefox

firefox

Rookie

• Pip
  • 445 posts
  • Fan Since:'47
  • Fav. Laker:George Mikan

Posted December 22, 2008 - 12:08 PM

Seriously? He's been playing like crap for more than half the season, hasn't "flourished" in his role off the bench, and has been missing in action for a while now, you're still giving Odumb a chance?

How many rebounds?
I thought I better look it up
Lamar Odom 26G 1.5of 4.8 dfe 6.3total
Shaquille O'Neal 22 2.7 5.8 8.5

Edited by firefox, December 22, 2008 - 12:13 PM.

#17 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts

Posted December 22, 2008 - 12:11 PM

How many rebounds?

No clue, but the problem with LO is that he has the tools to do SO much more than just rebound the hell out of the ball. That's what is most frustrating about him.

#18 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts

Posted December 22, 2008 - 12:30 PM

How many rebounds?
I thought I better look it up
Lamar Odom 26G 1.5of 4.8 dfe 6.3total
Shaquille O'Neal 22 2.7 5.8 8.5

He's averaging 6.3 rpg this season off the bench, which is nice, but LO can do a LOT more. He has a mismatch just about every game be it size or speed, yet he doesn't utilize it. Wasn't he supposed to thrive going up against the opposing teams' bench players? How has that turned out so far? Orlando, Miami, Indiana, Sacramento. All losses within the month of December, all losses in which LO did not play well, all losses in which he could have taken advantage of whoever was guarding him.

LO needs to go, he's been playing inconsistent his whole career with the Lakers. When he shows up, he's great, but more often than not, he's unreliable and never there when we need him.

#19 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 22, 2008 - 01:42 PM

Odumb

#20 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts

Posted December 22, 2008 - 07:32 PM

I'm not understanding why this is still even debated...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users