190 replies to this topic

#121 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 30, 2009 - 08:42 PM

Btw, gatorade bath for Neuweasel? Little much. I understand its the first bowl win in 7 years for you guys, but its a bowl game versus Temple for crying out loud.

In 4 years, almost every bowl winning team has the shower. Don't get why the Bruins should be bashed for doing it.

HoJans might lose some scholarships, due to there current situation.

Edited by popo, December 30, 2009 - 08:45 PM.

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#122 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 30, 2009 - 08:58 PM

In 4 years, almost every bowl winning team has the shower. Don't get why the Bruins should be bashed for doing it.

I just never understood the whole gatorade bath thing unless your winning a conference title or a BCS bowl game.

I don't find beating Temple a worthy enough opponent to dump gatorade on your coach.

If Pete Carroll would have had the gatorade bath because we beat BC, I would have pissed because that would have been pathetic.

But thats just my opinion. I know the gatorade bath's are all in good fun.

Onto next season, your Bruins might struggle quite a bit next year. Losing Price is gonna hurt you guys a lot. As will losing Austin.

As for Norm Chow, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him back as a Trojan next season. Our OC Bates may be going back to the NFL so we may be looking for another OC once again.

And we may only lose scholarships due to the Reggie Bush situation. A friend of mine in the athletic department at SC has already let me know unless there is some brand new evidence against McKnight, then its a non issue.

Edited by Westcoast21, December 30, 2009 - 09:01 PM.

#123 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted December 30, 2009 - 09:07 PM

I just never understood the whole gatorade bath thing unless your winning a conference title or a BCS bowl game.

I don't find beating Temple a worthy enough opponent to dump gatorade on your coach.

If Pete Carroll would have had the gatorade bath because we beat BC, I would have pissed because that would have been pathetic.

But thats just my opinion. I know the gatorade bath's are all in good fun.

Onto next season, your Bruins might struggle quite a bit next year. Losing Price is gonna hurt you guys a lot. As will losing Austin.

As for Norm Chow, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him back as a Trojan next season. Our OC Bates may be going back to the NFL so we may be looking for another OC once again.

Put it this way UCLA winning a bowl game is like yall going to sweet 16. We both cherish it while we can :laughing:

Recruiting so far has been close last 2 years between us but you guys are getting the 5star top 10 players while we are at the mid 4 star recruits which is decent. By Feb we will know how high both recruiting classes are when signing day is offical. In my prediction SC will probably have the 5th-6th best class and UCLA the 10th-11th.

Edited by popo, December 30, 2009 - 09:07 PM.

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#124 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts

Posted December 30, 2009 - 09:29 PM

Put it this way UCLA winning a bowl game is like yall going to sweet 16. We both cherish it while we can :laughing:

Recruiting so far has been close last 2 years between us but you guys are getting the 5star top 10 players while we are at the mid 4 star recruits which is decent. By Feb we will know how high both recruiting classes are when signing day is offical. In my prediction SC will probably have the 5th-6th best class and UCLA the 10th-11th.

Haha yeah.

With the recruiting aspect, I think USC will have a top five recruiting class. I want to say we will have the top, but right now that depends on the Florida situation. We can potentially land Powell and Shaw as now they are both looking at backing away from Florida.

Powell is a five star DE according to Rivals. And he was high on Florida and was a for sure commit, but after the whole Urban Meyer fiasco, he ended up setting up an official visit a week before his Florida one, which was his only planned trip at the time.

Shaw is a four star CB according to rivals and is already a "solid commit" to Florida, although now there are reports that he wants answers and may just stay close to home in Cali and head to USC.

I'd say Powell is a 65% - 75% Trojan at this point. And Shaw is 50/50. But you never know how the trip will go for Powell.

But we are in on some big time 5 stars. This is the list of players in the top 25 according to rivals that we have a chance at:

OL - Seantrel Henderson

RB - Lache Seastrunk

DE - Robert Powell

DE - Owamagbe Odighizuwa

CB - Joshua Shaw

Plus add in the players we have in Prater (WR), Baxter (RB), Woods (ATH). We are poised to have our best recruiting class since 2004.

But there is still a lot of recruiting time left. I'm more than happy with players that we have in Prater, Baxter, Grimble, Uko, and Morgan as of now. Just adding more is icing on the cake for me.

#125 Rohit

Rohit

Rookie

• 37 posts
  • Name:Rohit
  • Fan Since:late 90s
  • Fav. Laker:All of Them

Posted January 03, 2010 - 02:54 AM

Overall a season of improvement. We had many chances we blew, we could have won a lot of those games we lost (those 5 in a row will sting), but we finished the season strong and came up with a bowl win. We're losing a lot of key players next year (Verner is gone, Price to the NFL, Su'a Filo to Mormon Missions), so we'll have some holes on both the O and D lines. However, I trust this coaching staff to step up and get some of those highly recruited players to play at a high level. Looking forward to the future of Bruin football, and I'm proud of this year's team. :rock:

#126 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted January 12, 2010 - 10:50 PM

With all the turmoil and sanctions coming up, we must take advantage and take away some recruits. Hopefully by signing day we are a top 10 class.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#127 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted February 04, 2010 - 07:37 PM

With all the turmoil and sanctions coming up, we must take advantage and take away some recruits. Hopefully by signing day we are a top 10 class.

They did it. UCLA did a great job this year... They will def. be a good team in upcoming years.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#128 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted February 07, 2010 - 01:04 AM

They did it. UCLA did a great job this year... They will def. be a good team in upcoming years.

Yup.
We are stacked with 4 and 5 star players. This is our 2010 class
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=735&yr=2010

Hopefully they can lead us to bowl wins, pac 10 title and national champs with recruits from the previous and following years.

And one player can make an impact like he did, while he was at UCLA.
Posted Image
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#129 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted July 29, 2010 - 02:49 PM

State of LA Football --

http://espn.go.com/l...clip?id=5417799

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#130 squid

squid

Rookie

• 164 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Bean & Magic

Posted September 04, 2010 - 11:21 PM

Coulda, Shoulda...next week is the home opener. I'll be at the Rose Bowl next week to catch the home opener, which they should win. :yes:

Posted Image

#131 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted September 12, 2010 - 03:31 PM

This is going to be a long season fellow Bruin fans. I'm expecting to lose next week against Houston.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

• 40,416 posts

Posted September 12, 2010 - 04:15 PM

How long until RN gets fired?

yo.

#133 squid

squid

Rookie

• 164 posts

Posted September 12, 2010 - 06:34 PM

This is going to be a long season fellow Bruin fans.

It's exactly what everyone was saying last night at the game. All I got to say to other Bruin fans is to stick with the team because when that great season comes, it will be much sweeter knowing you were there, good or bad.

Posted Image

#134 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted September 12, 2010 - 07:53 PM

How long until RN gets fired?

Hopefully the end of this year. I'm not a fan of him.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#135 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts

Posted September 13, 2010 - 09:42 AM

It's exactly what everyone was saying last night at the game. All I got to say to other Bruin fans is to stick with the team because when that great season comes, it will be much sweeter knowing you were there, good or bad.

Judging by their play, they aren't going to have a great season for awhile.

Slick Rick might be unemployed after this season.

#136 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted September 13, 2010 - 09:51 AM

Judging by their play, they aren't going to have a great season for awhile.

Slick Rick might be unemployed after this season.

That's what I'm hoping. But typically a UCLA coach get's 5 years. But this is UCLA's time to capitilize and get LA back somewhat while USC is down and they have a lot of negative press surrounding them.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#137 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted September 16, 2010 - 08:35 AM

UCLA will be 1-8 going into November. :nah:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#138 squid

squid

Rookie

• 164 posts

Posted September 19, 2010 - 10:16 AM

Last night was an amazing night at The Rose Bowl...all I got to say. :yes:

Posted Image

#139 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted September 19, 2010 - 05:02 PM

Last night was an amazing night at The Rose Bowl...all I got to say. :yes:

HELL YEAH MAN! I got home from the Utah State game and saw UCLA was winning by a good amount I was like waaaa :omg:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#140 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts

Posted September 20, 2010 - 08:51 AM

Good luck next week against Texas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users