Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#182 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,807 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 08:38 AM

There can't be only 1 bruin fan on a Laker forum.... Haha

Well the time is here, we can finally see what our bruins are made of! I truly believe that we can go to Stanford and Oregon and beat them. We have the most underrated defense in the conference. No team has the type of talent we have in our linebackers. We have alot of playmakers on offense, with a competent coaching staff that will get them in the right position. Can't wait to see how we stack up.

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 04:54 PM

Is he really the best QB in the nation though? I mean better than Johnny football?

yo.

#184 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,807 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 05:12 PM

If you're asking me, I would say that he's the better pro prospect than Johnny Manziel. Prototypical size, big arm, and a great athlete (I believe he runs his 40 in the 4.5 range). I never really watch Johnny Manziel play, but from what I've seen, he's the far better college quarterback. Super senses in the pocket and a pretty accurate arm. Those are the things that Hundley lacks. He's an egg in the pocket, doesn't no when to throw away the ball and misses alot of deep pattern. It gets frustrating watching him almost because you know how talented he is. With that being said, its pretty obvious that manziel hit his ceiling. i just dont see his game translating to the NFL, he'll be crushed if he plays hos style in the next level. hundley on the other hand still needs seasoning and another year of college, with a far greater potential in the next level. He has alot of traits that reminds me of Andruw Luck, just not as savvy or smart.

#185 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,333 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 13, 2013 - 10:09 PM

Is he really the best QB in the nation though? I mean better than Johnny football?

No. 

Better NFL prospect sure, but not the best QB in the nation, not even in the top 10 IMO.  In fact, he's not even the best QB in the Pac-12 (Marriota, Price, Mannion all better at the moment).

#186 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,807 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 07:22 AM

Keith Price better? Okay, lol that's a little too much. If you were to ask me last year, I would say Hundley is on par with Mariota and definitely better than Mannion. This season it just feels like he regressed, not hitting the throws he did last year, but to say Keith Price is better..., idk sounds a little like Trojan hate hahaha

#187 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,333 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 08:12 AM

Keith Price better? Okay, lol that's a little too much. If you were to ask me last year, I would say Hundley is on par with Mariota and definitely better than Mannion. This season it just feels like he regressed, not hitting the throws he did last year, but to say Keith Price is better..., idk sounds a little like Trojan hate hahaha

Nah, no "Trojan hate" hate at all. I'm not that type of fan. I personally know a few players on the UCLA squad through family friends so I watch them whenever I get the chance to. Don't confuse me with one of those immature fans that can't form an opinion because of the team they root for.

Am I saying that Price is leaps and bounds better than Hundley? Not at all. I like Price more this season because of his development and his performance although last weekend wasn't very good.

But I can easily put Hundley as the #3 QB in the conference behind Marriota and Mannion. Hundley still hasn't been tested and will finally get to prove what he can do this weekend.

Depending how he does, he could be behind Marriota for me after the Stanford game. These games separate the elite players from just good ones.

That's just my opinion though. Doesn't make it right.

#188 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,807 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 08:28 AM

I can agree with what you said in that post now. Mannion proved this year that he's one of the top QBs in the nation, not just the PAC 12. If he had a defense, his team would easily be in top 20. There's nothing I can say that would discredit them from being over Hundley, Hundley hasn't proven yet this year he's on their level. Hell UCLA, as a team, hasn't proven they're in the top 10 yet. We will see what they're made of these next 2 weeks.

#189 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,333 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 08:39 AM

I can agree with what you said in that post now. Mannion proved this year that he's one of the top QBs in the nation, not just the PAC 12. If he had a defense, his team would easily be in top 20. There's nothing I can say that would discredit them from being over Hundley, Hundley hasn't proven yet this year he's on their level. Hell UCLA, as a team, hasn't proven they're in the top 10 yet. We will see what they're made of these next 2 weeks.

You guys have a very solid squad. They bought into Mora's style and it's translating on the field.

I think UCLA is still a year away from being a legitimate top 10 team but you guys are right there. Definitely top 20, but it's the upcoming tests that will show where they are at. It's tough you get Stanford and Oregon on consecutive weeks. Two completely different styles but UCLA fans should be excited.

#190 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,807 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 11:18 AM

Our team is still crazy young, the potential of our squad for the coming years is endless. I really do believe we're good enough to beat both Stanford and Oregon this year. It's whether or not they're ready and disciplined enough for the matchup. We have penalty issues that need to be addressed. Our line hasn't been making holes for our running backs. And Brett Hundley is taking over games like we hoped, no matter how vanilla the play calling has been against lesser opponents. I am very excited to see how far this team will go this year, but next year I have no doubt we'll be in contention for the national championship.

#191 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,195 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 14, 2013 - 03:28 PM

Too bad my Packers have already invested a high draft pick in Nick Perry, because I sure as hell would love to snatch up Barr in '14, he is the ideal 3-4 OLB. Probably won't make it out of the top 10 picks anyways.

At least we snatched up Datone and Franklin though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users