Photo

Before everyone declares a state of emergency...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,776 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:20 PM

I'm not tripping over this. Laker fans expect perfection now matter what team is on the floor, so when you aim that high the odds of being disappointed go up.

Every year no matter what our record is we go on a losing streak and you guys want everybody on the team except Kobe traded. But once we win 5 in a row it all goes away.

Then 3 months later no one who checks our schedule often remembers any of this. This happens every single year, correct me if I'm wrong.

People are just frustrated, but reconstructing a team that made it to the Finals last season would be the stupidest thing to do as a GM.

Obviously, "making it to the Finals" is not our "end-game".

If we want to beat the REIGNING CHAMPS, we have to get BETTER and play BETTER than them. All of this "wait and see" is rubbish. We have as much or more talent than the Celts. Only problem is they are the better team.

#22 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:06 PM

The issue isn't that we suck. The issue is that the way we're playing, we can't win a title. Not when there are two teams playing superior basketball. What's the point of getting to the finals if we're just going to get embarrassed by Bron or the Big 3.

#23 flip_man23

flip_man23

Rookie

• 148 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:19 PM

Am I the only one thats not that shaken up by this loss? I'm not worrying too much about it. We'll be fine guys.
3 24 17 5 2 16 28 31 7 21 10 18 4 9

#24 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 21, 2008 - 02:34 AM

California ain't a state, it's an army.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#25 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 02:48 AM

Am I the only one thats not that shaken up by this loss? I'm not worrying too much about it. We'll be fine guys.

I, for one, is not shaken/worried AT ALL. We'll get through this. Give the Lakers some time. Quote me on this.

#26 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 21, 2008 - 12:23 PM

i am not shaken, this just makes that Indiana loss worse.But anyway I think that this is a lull, plus Joirdan farmar would have helped in that game, anyway lets be positive guys, our soldiers need our support right now... And im not overly positive about the situatuion but do you guys realize that about 10 teams feel they have a shot at the title and EVERYONE(except 3-5 teams) think they should be in the playoffs, so dont expect any team to win like crazy...Boston might get home-court but so what...If we improve like I know we can we will beat those dudes in June and if not, we have an exciting team on the floor that still has a 3-4 year window after this, especially with tweaks here and there...so lets be cool
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users