Photo

Before everyone declares a state of emergency...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 06:57 PM

Just understand that the Magic are a really good team, and that MOST teams in the league would struggle against them.

Even the Celtics would struggle against a team like the Magic.

Kobe is the only guy who showed up tonight, and now we're paying for it.

For as [expletive] as we've been playing, the Magic just outdid us tonight. People need to stop saying, "we suck". We sure as hell don't "suck", but we aren't the best team in the league by any means.

I'd really hate to join the group of the "positive happy dudes who just look at the record not the play", but just understand that a loss to the Magic is far more excusable than a loss to the Pacers.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#2 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:02 PM

yea.

but seriously, bynum needs to play better. he could have been the difference maker if he could do something, ANYTHING against Dwight Howard.

dam.. i miss the old bynum who would just dunk everything. he even burned shaq once. why can't that come out in a game like this against dwight?

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#3 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:03 PM

I'm not angry since it's the Magic, but if it the likes of Thunders or Clippers, oh boy...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#4 Flash

Flash

Junior

• 283 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:03 PM

Fisher did well too B)

#5 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,924 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:08 PM

Losing like this two nights in a row shows a big chink in the armor.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#6 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:12 PM

2 heart attacks in a row
LMFAO

#7 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,801 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:14 PM

Jesus, how hard is it for the Lakers to STAY HOME ON SHOOTERS? That's what has killed us these last two games.

#8 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,924 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:15 PM

Jesus, how hard is it for the Lakers to STAY HOME ON SHOOTERS? That's what has killed us these last two games.

That has been our problem throughout the PJII era.

Early this season, it looked like we had addressed it, but the last 15-20 games, it's been there all over again.

One would think with Bynum/Pau on the interio, and Fisher/Bryant/Ariza guarding the perimeter and picking up cutters, that we would be able to figure this out.

I don't know. It's disgusting.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#9 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:16 PM

for some odd reason I'm sitting here smiling, I dunno why

this reminds me of the two game stretch last year where we lost back to back to memphis and charlotte at home

I think we'll be fine

Its a long season and we need to earn our reputation back as a championship contender

For now we're just a second tier playoff team, nothing more but at the same time we still got like 55 games to clean this mess up. This humbled our team and our fans and there's nothing wrong wtih starting all over again to work your way up the ranks

Edited by MDI, December 20, 2008 - 07:17 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#10 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:17 PM

Bynum last 2 nights didn't show up
Odom garbage
Fisher got killed off the dribble by Nelson
Vujacic was horrible tonight
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#11 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:38 PM

Who couldn't see this coming about 10 games ago?

No need to panic. This isn't a symptom of a major collapse. This is just a sign of poor team execution.

We are so talented top-to-bottom that most people didn't pay attention. It takes a few losses to make the blind faithful's ears perk up.

I think we've got their attention now.

#12 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:51 PM

Lakers suck dick.

#13 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:55 PM

Rarely are their teams that don't hit soft spots during the season, even championship teams. Hopefully, we're hitting ours now. That being said, rarely are their teams as strong and as hungry as the Celtics and Cavs either. It wouldn't shock me if neither one of those teams has a 2 games losing streak from here on out. I'm also very concerned about Andrew Bynum and I won't repeat what I think should be done ... now! His career and the long term future of the Lakers is at stake and he is so screwed up right now that playing his way out of it at his young age with his lack of experience is not a good idea. The Farmar injury might be a blessing in disguise because it could expedite the process of shopping LO and his expiring contract around.

#14 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:56 PM

for some odd reason I'm sitting here smiling, I dunno why

Probably because you have the same feeling as I do. No homo of course.

That feeling being that this is probably as bad as things will get.

It's almost like playing basketball and being close to setting the record for most consecutive made shots from the field. The more shots you make the more anxious you become. You're putting on a show for the fans and don't wanna miss, but once you finally do you almost feel relieved because that pressure is finally off your shoulders.

For the past few weeks we've been spiraling towards a downfall and we all saw it coming. But now that we've reached the bottom there's no other direction to go but up.

Edited by Heir, December 20, 2008 - 07:58 PM.

Basketball Reasons...

#15 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:02 PM

It's almost like playing basketball and being close to setting the record for most consecutive made shots from the field. The more shots you make the more anxious you become. You're putting on a show for the fans and don't wanna miss, but once you finally do you almost feel relieved because that pressure is finally off your shoulders.

For the past few weeks we've been spiraling towards a downfall and we all saw it coming. But now that we've reached the bottom there's no other direction to go but up.

Rofl.

#16 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:05 PM

Wrong, my friend.

If we don't change some things, this will become a trend. Losing close games to good teams can be attributed to the learning curve. Losing to doormats like the Heat, Kings and Pacers is a symptom on inconsistency and lack of team execution.

I hope the Lakers take this trend more seriously than you do. If not, ¡Ay, caramba! and Aye Chiwawa!!!!!!

Don't kid yourself. It can get MUCH worse. We are living on stacked talent alone right now.

#17 tru'tildeath

tru'tildeath

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:chick hearn

its not that simple though. They need a different personality hopefully brought by new players

#18 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Well, we can still keep losing games.

#19 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:08 PM

We are living on stacked talent alone right now.

And perhaps some overrated talent.

#20 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:15 PM

I'm not tripping over this. Laker fans expect perfection now matter what team is on the floor, so when you aim that high the odds of being disappointed go up.

Every year no matter what our record is we go on a losing streak and you guys want everybody on the team except Kobe traded. But once we win 5 in a row it all goes away.

Then 3 months later no one who checks our schedule often remembers any of this. This happens every single year, correct me if I'm wrong.

People are just frustrated, but reconstructing a team that made it to the Finals last season would be the stupidest thing to do as a GM.
Basketball Reasons...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users