• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Vahan

Vahan

Rookie

• 289 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 20, 2008 - 03:00 PM

Our record is great but still, any Laker fan that knows a little bit about basketball will acknowledge that this team does not have it together. Every fan is analyzing, trying to figure it out. I was the same way.

Then about 3 weeks ago I saw Kevin Garnett make Glen Davis cry. And I saw Lebron James be the leader on the defensive end and offensive end for Cleveland. Then I recalled Rick Fox grabbing Eddie Jones around the scruff of his neck and say something in his ear so intensely that anyone watching knew it wasnt pleasant. I recall Larry Bird calling his team sissies. I recall Magic dunking on the Twin Tower Rockets in a way that told the rest of the team to go to the whole strong.

THIS TEAM HAS NO LEADER.

Kobe is a better player than Garnett, Fox, Bird (IMHO), I would take Magic and Lebron over Kobe. The point is that Kobe isnt as valuable right now (more valuable than Fox, but you get the point). This current Laker team is as talented as any team I have seen. Everything is there except leadership.

The fact of the matter is that Kobes game doesnt encourage people to follow. On offense, his game is so individualistic that it encourages the team to watch as opposed to play with him. This is not a knock on Kobe but it is what it is. And on defense, the team is not going to follow the lead of someone who is allowed to roam and frequently get burned by inferior defensive assignments. One day he may grow to be that leader, but right now he isnt the guy.

Gasol is playing as good as Kobe right now, but he doesnt have the demeanor to be that guy. We need a leader on the court. Until then, we might keep winning on talent alone, but any fan with a little bit of basketball knowledge will know that something is not right.

Lakers 08-09 Champs

#2 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 20, 2008 - 03:03 PM

^ so all that about leadership last year, and mvp means nothing, and when Kobe led team USA along with J-kidd that was nothing, huh?
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#3 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted December 20, 2008 - 03:03 PM

Why did you copy this from another forum?

Kobe isn't a leader? :lol:

#4 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 03:33 PM

Kobe's the leader of this team. I'd still take Kobe over LeBron.
"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#5 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 03:37 PM

Kobe is the proven leader of this team. No questions asked.

#6 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 20, 2008 - 03:43 PM

once again, a thread worse than any i have ever made
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#7 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,495 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000

Posted December 21, 2008 - 06:02 AM

Kobe is a leader, the thing is if he does something to a player, like yell at them(Rember KG .... Big Baby) he would be hated from the EPSN peopl and the media, they would call him names like saying he mean to players and he evil and [expletive], but i think kobe is a leader. He doesnt realy show it but he has his speaches and yesturday we lost to Orlando, and Sasha missed the game winning shot. Sasha waas pisssed and he looked he was about to cry but i saw Kobe talking to him and saying its ok and crap. But to be serious we have ttwo leaders in our. Kobe is kind of quiet and Fisher is the one who just tells you. For example, when he called team meetin and he wrote Boston Game 4 on the Board. I just wnat to see Phill do some changes.

-Take Luke out of Starting 5
-Play Man To Man Defence
-Give Ball to Pau and Bynum more
-And yell at stupid plays Lamar does
Posted Image

#8 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted December 21, 2008 - 09:21 AM

^ so all that about leadership last year, and mvp means nothing, and when Kobe led team USA along with J-kidd that was nothing, huh?

Wade and Bosh were the best players on team USA. Stop with the revisionist history.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#9 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 21, 2008 - 09:34 AM

Wade and Bosh were the best players on team USA. Stop with the revisionist history.

But they relied on Kobe down the stretch to lead them to Gold, and LeBron was that team's vocal leader. Kobe, D-Fish and Pau are exemplary team leaders for the Lakers.

#10 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted December 21, 2008 - 10:10 AM

Why did you copy this from another forum?

Kobe isn't a leader? :lol:

rofl

#11 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,914 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 10:51 AM

Wow...another useless thread where everyone disagrees with the topic starter.

#12 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 11:45 AM

Who stepped up last night? Kobe and Fish. thats our leaders, the rest of the team is the ones that are letting us down.

-Bynum, a couple of weeks ago he complained of why didnt he finished games. Well Bynum maybe if you dont commit silly fouls you wont be sitting on the bench most of the game.

-Sasha, the dude was paid for jacking up 3s but he has lost his touch. maybe casue of the injury, who knows!

-Ariza, he is good for Defense and easy fast breaks but he isnt good for throwing the ball with 3 seconds left on the shot clock and hoping to bail us out with the 3.

-Luke, he is a great passer but a horrible offensive player. He can get some shots but come on Luke for the 3? okay...........

-Farmar, what can we say about our Local boy. Well he is lazy to play defense. He is always getting beat by the other pgs.

and we all know about the rest. Including Pau and Odom.

What I believe we need as Steve Hartman said last week. I think we need an Point Guard that can set these Lakers up. I mean we all know these guys can shoot the ball. Soo all wee need is a dude that can set them and another player that can come in and Play Defensive cause only 2 men cant do it alone.

But we do have leaders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users