#1 yobryan2001

yobryan2001

Rookie

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:18 AM

he has been playing like a girl!! am I wrong?

maybe he's been taught by kareem to play like that
maybe he's scared of reinjuring his knee so avoids contact
or maybe what we saw last year prior to the injury was just a hot streak??

IDK what it is, but andrew bynum has been turning easy dunks into missed layups, he's been turning easy blocks into fouls, and has been turning easy rebounds into volley ball practice.

another thing, he never ever seems to care, never.. He has the same dumb [expletive] expression on his face the WHOLE game, this kid has no intensity what so ever..

I was a huge fan of AB, but i am not liking what I see this season.. thoughts?

#2 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:34 AM

He has regressed, no doubt. A year ago he started figuring it out and now he seems to be going the other way. I think they should give him a clipboard and a seat next to Buzz Kill at the end of the bench for awhile. LO is more comfortable starting anyway, Josh Powell will give us added toughness backing up LO, and Mihm can back up Gasol. For a couple of weeks anyway. The Celtics game is not as important as the future of this franchise and much like a young, inexperienced QB who gets rushed into a starting role too early, Andrew needs to sit down and take some notes. He'll be fine and we'll be fine.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, December 20, 2008 - 08:35 AM.

#3 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,907 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:41 AM

He has regressed, no doubt. A year ago he started figuring it out and now he seems to be going the other way. I think they should give him a clipboard and a seat next to Buzz Kill at the end of the bench for awhile. LO is more comfortable starting anyway, Josh Powell will give us added toughness backing up LO, and Mihm can back up Gasol. For a couple of weeks anyway. The Celtics game is not as important as the future of this franchise and much like a young, inexperienced QB who gets rushed into a starting role too early, Andrew needs to sit down and take some notes. He'll be fine and we'll be fine.

It's his knee/legs.

He is not as springy. He's self-conscious about jumping. It would have been nice, if he had gotten the surgery in the January/February, instead of in April.

Also, he and Farmar no longer seem to have the chemistry they had last season when AB was running with the second unit so much.

He's gotta start playing like a man again.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#4 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,503 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:15 AM

i think he's just having trouble grasping his role, he's not getting nearly as many touches as he did when he was healthy and pau wasn't around. i think its starting to get into his head. because he is still young, he will probably blame everyone but himself for his performance instead of talking to the coaches, and trying to improve and figure out how he can better perform.

this is the issue with having this many talented players. they all feel they should be getting these minutes, but there simply aren't enough to go around. those negative feelings are probably partially to blame for whats ruining our chemistry, and why this team isn't as focused as it needs to be. our record is VERY misleading

Posted Image

#5 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:36 AM

I think the adjustment to Pau is big for him, still being so young and inexperienced in this game, while Pau is playing the absolute best of his career. The think is Bynum has hit a wall right now, but overall Bynum gives us blocks and rebounds for the most part...he needs to stay outta foul trouble and we have to maybe try and get him a bucket early, so his confidence is high, and he just got PAYED, so maybe there is a little letdown.
Lamar's overall play this season,IMO has been worst than Drew's and THAT concerns me more.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#6 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:43 AM

I think the adjustment to Pau is big for him, still being so young and inexperienced in this game, while Pau is playing the absolute best of his career. The think is Bynum has hit a wall right now, but overall Bynum gives us blocks and rebounds for the most part...he needs to stay outta foul trouble and we have to maybe try and get him a bucket early, so his confidence is high, and he just got PAYED, so maybe there is a little letdown.
Lamar's overall play this season,IMO has been worst than Drew's and THAT concerns me more.

They are both adjusting to new roles. LO hasn't come off the bench in his life before this year and now he has been given the task of being the leader of the second unit. And yes, when Bynum was paid the big bucks, that was a HUGE concern of mine. Look how Trevor Ariza is playing because he is trying to EARN a pay day. Sasha was paid and his level of play has dropped. Luke was paid before last season and he had the worst season of his career. Andrew is only 21, so what did you expect? I still say give him a clipboard for now.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, December 20, 2008 - 09:43 AM.

#7 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:54 AM

maybe, start LO for Bynum, but at this point that might hurt Bynum's confidence, so i say let us chill for a second, everyone can have bad games
but i like bynum overall this year, he is improving, maybe phil was right when he said, he's training too much
getting a little tired
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#8 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 10:02 AM

I think he's regressing and I don't care if his 21 year old feelings get hurt for what he's getting paid. He needs to learn how to toughen up. Patience is definitely good for some things, but this kid needs a wake up call.

#9 Ron From 570

Ron From 570

Rookie

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Name:Ron
  • Fan Since:1977
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvendenko

Posted December 20, 2008 - 11:25 AM

I think he's regressing and I don't care if his 21 year old feelings get hurt for what he's getting paid. He needs to learn how to toughen up. Patience is definitely good for some things, but this kid needs a wake up call.

Exactly. He needs to play better plain and simple. He is probably never going to be what many expect him to be.
Too much money way too soon.

#10 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 11:34 AM

Exactly. He needs to play better plain and simple. He is probably never going to be what many expect him to be.
Too much money way too soon.

I was against the signing the entire time (and said so in the KLAC forum), but once it happened I hoped that the things that were said by Mitch and Drew came to fruition. They haven't. He would be playing better right now if he was trying to EARN that contract.

#11 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted December 20, 2008 - 11:38 AM

he is gettin paid for his potential.....but so far this season I see him being lazy...if he was earning that contract he would be dunking on everybody left and right.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#12 tru'tildeath

tru'tildeath

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:chick hearn

Posted December 20, 2008 - 11:42 AM

mind games with phil. he's fine.

#13 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 03:08 PM

^ did people think this guy was Shaq or Kareem, give him time, he's our 3rd best player, better than Ariza and LO, but he can have bad games, he just learned how to play

#14 Ethdude

Ethdude

Rookie

• 63 posts
  • Name:Sam
  • Fan Since:1991- Jordan almost made me cry that year.

Posted January 12, 2009 - 01:35 PM

Talk about jumping to conclusions about someone lol. Stop going day to day with these guys, its not fair to them and makes for scratch your head post two weeks later.
The best sports franchise in the world.

#15 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted January 12, 2009 - 02:07 PM

Talk about jumping to conclusions about someone lol. Stop going day to day with these guys, its not fair to them and makes for scratch your head post two weeks later.

Excellent post. Lot's of nervous nellies on this site.

#16 Flash

Flash

Junior

• 283 posts

Posted January 12, 2009 - 02:12 PM

So you post this after Bynum having a few good games... aren't you the same?

#17 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted January 12, 2009 - 03:10 PM

Make it Rain Drewski!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#18 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966

Posted January 12, 2009 - 03:12 PM

I think it hurts him with Lamar getting so many of his minutes. He has stepped it up without Lamar.

#19 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted January 12, 2009 - 06:01 PM

^ plus everybody on the team has had a bad strecth, even the Big Consistent, so let Drew do Drew, that D has been overall what we need to get W's

#20 Ethdude

Ethdude

Rookie

• 63 posts
  • Name:Sam
  • Fan Since:1991- Jordan almost made me cry that year.

Posted January 12, 2009 - 11:08 PM

No, he convinced me by getting us settled in a big way last year.
The best sports franchise in the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users