#41 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 20, 2008 - 11:22 PM

You sound like a female right now.

A female on her period.

Every team goes through a drought at some point in the year. Some worse than others obviously, but regardless the point is that EVERYONE goes through it. It's a long season, how can ANYONE avoid it?

You must lack pride. This isn't about who's wrong or right, it's about the team.

So bring a REAL discussion to the table besides a psychotic rant before I show YOU how psychotic I can become.

lmao that's awesome.
"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#42 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,789 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 21, 2008 - 12:16 AM

My biggest frustration with the Lakers is that we CAN play at an elite level.

agreed, the fact that we have all the right pieces as well as talent and still not consistently getting it done is frustrating.

other than that, there are still 50+ games to be played. there's still a lot of time to adjust and improve. though hopefully things start to click sooner than later.

Edited by androsays, December 21, 2008 - 12:46 AM.

2div

#43 ogarte24

ogarte24

Rookie

• 113 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 21, 2008 - 04:49 AM

You guys have grown too frustrated at this team. Me too, at some point. I want to have a better record than Boston. Opening the Finals on their floor is ominous. awww. Hope we surpass the Cavs at least in terms of win-loss record. I think Cleveland would beat Boston in east.

#44 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted December 21, 2008 - 05:24 AM

:enough: :enough: :enough: :enough: :enough: :enough: :enough: :enough: :enough:
Posted Image

#45 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 21, 2008 - 08:44 AM

the one thing, i think people are failing to mention is that Orlando is a top 5 team, to lose to a team like that at home isnt UNEXPECTED in my eyes, b-cuz orlando is the third best team in the East. Also losses spring energy from teams like this, I can't say we go on a winning streak, but the Lakers will play better because of this, players will buy into the coaches a little more and play a little hard before their names come in trade rumors, but for those who think Lamar will be traded, I expect him to be let go, and a veteran free agent to be acquired in the offseason.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#46 flip_man23

flip_man23

Rookie

• 148 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 09:47 AM

the one thing, i think people are failing to mention is that Orlando is a top 5 team, to lose to a team like that at home isnt UNEXPECTED in my eyes, b-cuz orlando is the third best team in the East. Also losses spring energy from teams like this, I can't say we go on a winning streak, but the Lakers will play better because of this, players will buy into the coaches a little more and play a little hard before their names come in trade rumors, but for those who think Lamar will be traded, I expect him to be let go, and a veteran free agent to be acquired in the offseason.

Thats what I'm saying. Orlando is NOT a bad team. They are 3rd in the Eastern Conference with a record of 21-6. The Magic has gotten a lot better. I think some of you guys were still looking the Magic like they were one of the bad teams like a couple years ago. But they are not. Their record proves it. So that is why I wasn't that shaken up over the loss yesterday. We WILL be alright you guys. Its an 82 game season. Teams get cold, and teams get hot. I know for sure this Laker team can't play like this the entire season. Ok we lost 2 straight games. The world is not ending. Just gotta pick it up in Memphis and get a W. We can't just soak over the fact that we lost 2 straight. We just gotta suck it up and move on to the next game. Bottom line, its a long season. We'll be alright. So don't sweat it.
3 24 17 5 2 16 28 31 7 21 10 18 4 9

#47 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 10:05 AM

I think people just need to sit back and think about this situation a little bit better. Yes we have two straight losses. Yes we are struggling, but teams will hit a stretch where they struggle. Fortunately, we are hitting that stretch now instead of later. Even the best of the best will struggle, and thats what many of you fail to realize:

99-00 Lakers:
First 30 games: 25-5
Final Record: 67-15
Lost two in a row 3 times

00-01:
First 30 games: 20-10
Final record: 56-26
Lost two in a row 7 times

01-02:
First 30 games: 24-6
Final record: 58-24
Worst streak was 3 in a row
Lost two in a row 5 times

My point of those stats is that we want to have home court advantage, every team does. But to say that this team will not win a championship before we even hit the 30th game is laughable. The team will find its stride. I know they will. We arent going to miss the playoffs, we know that. We will be a contender, no doubt, but stop worrying so much, Ive been worrying about how they are playing, but the Lakers are trying to figure out somethings, we are trying to get our two 7 footers to play well together and we are trying to play some good solid defense. It will come, I dont see this Lakers team not figuring it out. The time will come and everyone can sit back and enjoy the basketball we know they can play.

#48 Bryon

Bryon

Lakers

• 33 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 21, 2008 - 11:20 AM

I'm tired of hearing about the Lakers need to be tougher and play hard nosed defense. We heard this 2 years ago, last year, and now this year. Are we crazy? Nobody on this team other than Kobe plays like that. It is time to trade LO for a player with an edge, until they do they will be soft and play soft defense. So let stop talking about them playing tougher because until the make up of this team changes they will be soft, period. We need to appreciate them for what they are, a great team that when they get pushed around they loose. Beats being a Clipper fan.

Edited by Bryon, December 21, 2008 - 11:30 AM.

#49 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 21, 2008 - 07:19 PM

25-5 while playing like crap, I'll take it.
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#50 Bryon

Bryon

Lakers

• 33 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 21, 2008 - 09:12 PM

25-5 while playing like crap, I'll take it.

I'm afraid that's all they have right now. They are soft.

#51 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 22, 2008 - 12:05 AM

They will. watch in march they gonna be curising

#52 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted December 22, 2008 - 11:28 AM

yea its bad right now but dude, its fooking december...relax
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#53 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted December 22, 2008 - 12:38 PM

It's too early in the season to be talking like this.
Posted Image

#54 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 22, 2008 - 12:44 PM

These fans who cry panic early in the season, are typically the same fans who are so happy and amazed at their respective team at the end of the season. I'm sick of coming onto this forum after a loss and reading all the doomsday threads and trade this, trade that, etc. Stop overreacting people. If this was March/April, then start panicking, but it's December, my God, have a little faith in the Lakers.

#55 RedSnapper

RedSnapper

Rookie

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted December 22, 2008 - 06:37 PM

All I can say to this kind of over-the-top anguish is point out that after about their seventh game, everyone was openly wondering if this was going to be the greatest team in NBA History.

It was way too early to make any such pronouncements (pro or con) and it is still too early now. This team has time to gel, develop, and "catch fire" at the right time to make a run.

Of course, they have a lot to fix in order for that to happen, but I am not prepared to write them off long before they've even reached the halfway point. They are barely past the first quarter of the season, so I see no need for panic.

I do see plenty of reason to ride their butts, though, and hope they are. The nattering about personal roles failure to be given (so far unearned) prominence in the pecking order from a couple of the young guys is aggravating. They'll get it -- eventually.

I would like to see Kobe start getting back a little of his "bad Kobe" intesnity, and willingness to tear some of his teammates new one's for their failures to execute and maintain concentration.

It will be interesting to see how this develops. Certainly, their preseason Crowning was a tad premature.

This thread's burial is, also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users