54 replies to this topic

#21 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted December 20, 2008 - 01:55 AM

There's ONE player I would be willing to trade Lamar Odom for, and that is Tayshaun Prince.

Not Marion.

Not Rasheed.

Not some random SF.

But Prince, YES.

#22 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted December 20, 2008 - 02:10 AM

:yawn: Next week, no ones going to remember the losses when the Lakers beat Boston.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#23 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 20, 2008 - 02:39 AM

Naw, there is still hope... They will destroy anyone from the West... They just have to improve their defensive schemes, and figure out what to do with LO (he is not garbage, he is just a horrible fit from the beginning)...

It's not like we are still worrying about 1st round exit or lottery... We are not the Queens or the Clippers...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#24 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 20, 2008 - 03:17 AM

:yawn: Next week, no ones going to remember the losses when the Lakers beat Boston.

Uhh I will. Just because they may beat the best team in the league doesn't erase the fact that they've loss to lesser ones. If anything, it'll frustrate me more because it'll only prove further they are a great team but continue to play to the level of their opponents.

#25 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 03:26 AM

Uhh I will. Just because they may beat the best team in the league doesn't erase the fact that they've loss to lesser ones. If anything, it'll frustrate me more because it'll only prove further they are a great team but continue to play to the level of their opponents.

It won't be as big a deal if we beat Boston. We're not gonna face Indiana, Sacto, Miami in the playoffs. I'd prefer to lose to the crap teams cuz that means we weren't giving our all, and all that's hurt is our season record. If we are 72-10 at the end, and all 10 losses come to the elite teams, that just means we're better than all the crap, but will go down for sure against the best. I don't want that.

Losing to the worst and beating the best is better than the other way around.

#26 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,723 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 20, 2008 - 03:37 AM

It looks bad right now, let's see how it develops...
Posted Image

#27 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:24 AM

I didn't know the rings were handed out in December?

We're playing horrible, but to flat out deny L.A. of any chance of winning championship is nonsensical.

agreed...the correct statement would have been this team playing how they've played over the first 20+ games will not win a championship. i don't see any reason to believe play can't improve once we get something that resembles a rotation.

Posted Image

#28 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:28 AM

Ok first 10 games of season, the Lakers can win the championship/

Ever since then? Not playing to that championship level.

We still have 5 months left of the season. Relax.

This Lakers team has the talent. Its about putting it together. We will be fine.

#29 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:32 AM

i think that Lamar is starting to not "fit", but I am willing to bet that the Lakers would rather let his contract expire than to trade for a "questionable" acquisition like Rasheed for example.
Maybe before feb. a marion deal can be worked out, but I dont like that deal ,b-cuz vlad rad or sasha would surely go, and we need pure shooters in certain playoff situations, he bottom line is if boston loss 5 games , no one would be as worried, the Lakers improved defense but the offense was out of sync, they played horribly for the most part but had a chance against a young .500 team, with a top three player in the league.
If we come out strong today, and get a TOUGH win, against a scary team(not howard...the snipers from downtown), I think many of our SCURRED Laker fans will calm down a bit
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#30 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:34 AM

I think Phil should shake up the lineup one more time though. Put LO in the starting lineup.

Lets see that Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Bryant, Fisher lineup we were all dreaming about last season.

#31 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:57 AM

I think farmar starting might be the answer, he has that spark
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#32 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza 4 MVP

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:59 PM

WHAT THE [expletive] NOW?

I DAAAARE ANY OF U LITTLE OH ITS OK RINGS AREN'T HANDED IN DECEMBER PEOPLE TO SHOW UP NOW

Why have Odom for Artest trades gone away after he signed with rockets? Can we still trade for him?

ODOM FOR MARION

LAKERS ARE THE WORST 21-5 TEAM
Posted Image

#33 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:03 PM

WHAT THE [expletive] NOW?

I DAAAARE ANY OF U LITTLE OH ITS OK RINGS AREN'T HANDED IN DECEMBER PEOPLE TO SHOW UP NOW

Why have Odom for Artest trades gone away after he signed with rockets? Can we still trade for him?

ODOM FOR MARION

LAKERS ARE THE WORST 21-5 TEAM

You sound like a female right now.

A female on her period.

Every team goes through a drought at some point in the year. Some worse than others obviously, but regardless the point is that EVERYONE goes through it. It's a long season, how can ANYONE avoid it?

You must lack pride. This isn't about who's wrong or right, it's about the team.

So bring a REAL discussion to the table besides a psychotic rant before I show YOU how psychotic I can become.
Basketball Reasons...

#34 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:07 PM

That time of the month D4Mvp?

#35 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:23 PM

I think a few people need timeouts...

#36 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza 4 MVP

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:33 PM

I am really upset sorry about being so mad right after.

there is no way we can even be compared to boston. In my eyes anything short of a championship this year is failure.

we will have to go through the celtics who are what, in a 17 game winning streak?

while we lose to the pacers, kings, heat and magic.

celtics are playing better then they did last year, and somehow after getting back bynum we are doing worse.
Posted Image

#37 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:00 PM

You all know that I am the first person to come on here and put out the panic fires. I am all about taking the time for the team to continue to develop and work out its kinks.

I'm not so certain anymore that we WILL work out the kinks. Championship teams don't lose consecutive games. Especially the WAY we lost them. Bad defense and terrible, stagnant offense.

Someone is getting traded by the deadline and that someone is probably Odom. I'm not blaming Odom for the loss tonight because he isn't alone in the blame. Fish and Kobe are the only ones who showed up and even they aren't immune from criticism. Our front office isn't going to stand for back-to-back terrible losses, especially since we're 5 days away from getting spanked on our home floor by the Celtics.

It continues to be pathetic how bad our entire team is at passing into the post. We couldn't throw an entry pass to King Kong if our lives depended on it. Considering our 3 best players - Kobe, Gasol and Bynum - are money in the paint, this is unacceptable.

Granted, Bynum, Pau and Odom haven't been doing jack crap with the touches they HAVE been getting, so the passing isn't the entire problem. The bigger issue is that we're soft. We don't know how to bang in the paint, generate contact and take it hard to rim. We'd rather toss up sissy hooks, awkward layups and settle for jumpshots like a bunch of pansies. Those moves are fine to use as long as you're mixing it in with strong finishes, but we don't.

And finally, I'd like our team to put a ban on throwing alley-oops until we learn how to toss one that can actually be caught be a human being.

Edited by BadScooter, December 20, 2008 - 09:01 PM.

#38 Angela1986

Angela1986

Off The Bench

• 1,584 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:21 PM

You all know that I am the first person to come on here and put out the panic fires. I am all about taking the time for the team to continue to develop and work out its kinks.

I'm not so certain anymore that we WILL work out the kinks. Championship teams don't lose consecutive games. Especially the WAY we lost them. Bad defense and terrible, stagnant offense.

Someone is getting traded by the deadline and that someone is probably Odom. I'm not blaming Odom for the loss tonight because he isn't alone in the blame. Fish and Kobe are the only ones who showed up and even they aren't immune from criticism. Our front office isn't going to stand for back-to-back terrible losses, especially since we're 5 days away from getting spanked on our home floor by the Celtics.

It continues to be pathetic how bad our entire team is at passing into the post. We couldn't throw an entry pass to King Kong if our lives depended on it. Considering our 3 best players - Kobe, Gasol and Bynum - are money in the paint, this is unacceptable.

Granted, Bynum, Pau and Odom haven't been doing jack crap with the touches they HAVE been getting, so the passing isn't the entire problem. The bigger issue is that we're soft. We don't know how to bang in the paint, generate contact and take it hard to rim. We'd rather toss up sissy hooks, awkward layups and settle for jumpshots like a bunch of pansies. Those moves are fine to use as long as you're mixing it in with strong finishes, but we don't.

And finally, I'd like our team to put a ban on throwing alley-oops until we learn how to toss one that can actually be caught be a human being.

I agree and share a lot of your concerns except with the championship teams don’t lose consecutive games. That happens a lot and they too are susceptible to being lax. God knows the 3Peat team did this in the season ESPECIALLY the season after they won (and I would be severely upset when we made it a habit to lose to the sub .500 teams) but they were proven. This team is not proven and has already developed tendencies without developing the chemistry. We still have VERY obvious chemistry issues and our defensive scheme is nonexistent at this point. We appear very undisciplined and it bothers me that we Eastern Conference teams are our Achilles’ Heel.

On an unrelated note: Can we please cut out the menstrual references? -_-

#39 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:25 PM

I agree and share a lot of your concerns except with the championship teams don’t lose consecutive games. That happens a lot and they too are susceptible to being lax. God knows the 3Peat team did this in the season ESPECIALLY the season after they won (and I would be severely upset when we made it a habit to lose to the sub .500 teams) but they were proven. This team is not proven and has already developed tendencies without developing the chemistry. We still have VERY obvious chemistry issues and our defensive scheme is nonexistent at this point. We appear very undisciplined and it bothers me that we Eastern Conference teams are our Achilles’ Heel.

On an unrelated note: Can we please cut out the menstrual references? -_-

I agree with both your points. Most men don't seem to realize that PMS jokes are one thing among your friends (male or female), but delivery and context matters. Saying that someone on the board is acting like a girl on her period is just plain misogynistic. Cut that s--- out, people.

The East is better than the West this year. My biggest frustration with the Lakers is that we CAN play at an elite level. There's no excuse for the offensive and defensive lapses. If we were able to do it for the first week of the season it CAN be done for the whole season. The Cavs are doing it and the Celtics are doing it. We're just friggin' lazy.

#40 Angela1986

Angela1986

Off The Bench

• 1,584 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 09:31 PM

I agree with both your points. Most men don't seem to realize that PMS jokes are one thing among your friends (male or female), but delivery and context matters. Saying that someone on the board is acting like a girl on her period is just plain misogynistic. Cut that s--- out, people.

The East is better than the West this year. My biggest frustration with the Lakers is that we CAN play at an elite level. There's no excuse for the offensive and defensive lapses. If we were able to do it for the first week of the season it CAN be done for the whole season. The Cavs are doing it and the Celtics are doing it. We're just friggin' lazy.

On paper we're a great team and I think they know it so they play as if they expect the other teams to roll over. And I am beyond frustrated to see us go out and play this lazy when w haven't even proven anything yet nor have we been consistent. I'd to see us go on a winning streak that lasted more than seven games.

When the schedule came out, I was very excited that we’d have Christmas Day to get our revenge. I have to say that I’m growing to be less excited and more worried and that bothers me. I do think we need to trade Odom as well. Now more than ever, we need a legit PG who can play some defense and a SF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users