54 replies to this topic

#1 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza 4 MVP

Posted December 19, 2008 - 08:31 PM

Its time to face the facts, THIS LAKERS TEAM WILL NOT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP.

We desperately need a nice (smart) trade that will hopefully bring some talent, leadership, and tougher mentality to this team. Kind of like how Gasol turned us around last year.

I know some idiot will come in here saying: but omg we are 21-4 we don't need a trade!!

we lost to miami heat and only scored 85 points
we lost to the sacramento kings
we lost to the indiana pacers

If Marbury is open, i say we go for it.

Even Marion out-hustled stupid Odom who had under 5 points and missed 2 very very important free throws which could have won us this game, not to mention when we were down by 2 and odom got blocked 2 or 3 times in a row.

Any other trade ideas?
Posted Image

#2 Vaporize

Vaporize

Sixth Man

• 2,939 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 19, 2008 - 08:33 PM

yea.. the way we are playing right now. We're not winning any championship, but it is still WAY too early. The Lakers will start picking it back again

Posted Image

#3 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 19, 2008 - 08:35 PM

Trade for a defensive PG/SF.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#4 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 19, 2008 - 08:35 PM

You're probably right when you say THIS Laker team. Tis why we must make at least one or two serious moves and bring in some tougher minded and physical players. This team needs a lot more killer instinct, if it has any to begin with.

#5 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 19, 2008 - 08:48 PM

We do a never-before-done trade in the history of all NBA trades. There is a list of scenarios to be done about this.

First scenario - we trade Lamar or any other willing player that has guts to be traded in order to make a sacrifice for the team as well the whole city of LA. Then we trade him to Miami and Cleveland at the same exact time for LeBron and Pookie. In return, Cleveland and Miami will both be sharing Lamar or the other traded player so he will be playing for two teams at the same exact time. An example is that Lamar or the so-called traded player will be playing in Cleveland one night then the next night he'll have to fly over to Miami and play for them. In the case that Miami and Cleveland is playing the same day but at different timezones and locations, then the traded player will play the first game then fly on over to the next game and play for that team. So he will be playing a total of two games in one day. In that case that both Miami and Cleveland are playing at the same exact time or that their playing schedules interfere with one another which would be impossible for the said so-called traded player of Los Angeles to coexist at both games, then Miami and Cleveland would have to either choose from a list of viable options of what they can do in order for a decision to be made. The list would contain either that: the team that has the better record, the team that won their last game, who needs the help more, or simply by flipping a coin. There may be other options not listed from above as it is clearly up to the teams to decide and not on the player. In the case that a decision could not be made by the time destination, then a random generator would be used to decide where the player will play. In the event if both teams are playing against each other at the same time, then a coin toss will be made. However, the player is not limited to one team during the whole game. The teams can have it set up where the player can change teams during the actual game either after every quarter, half, possession, etc. An example would be that the traded player can score a basket for Miami, then get the inbound pass and score for Cleveland. In timeouts, he will not attend either one and instead stand in the middle of the court and entertain the crowd. Overall, this will benefit the Lakers very much because of the addition of LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. There is no explanation needed for that.

Second scenario - we do the silent assassination which includes the very sneaky misconduct used to win games. We send one of our bench players that don't get a lot of playing time (Mihm, Mbenga) and send them on a mission all over the country. When we are playing at home, it is up to the silent assassination to throw itchy powder all over the opponent's locker rooms so the teams would be forced to not used their jerseys and switch to something inappropriate. David Stern will see this and be forced to give the W to the Lakers because the opponent would have to force due to a lack of suitable attire for the game. In the case of an away game, the silent assassination would have to make a sacrifice and do it to the home team. In this case, the team would also have to forfeit if the Lakers come out looking dressed in the appropriate attire while they're stuck in itchy clothes. This benefits the Lakers because Purple and Gold is immune to itchy powder so no one can counter against us. Our players will be very well rested because they will average about 0 MPG and can rest their way up. Our record will continue to increase because of the team forfeiting to the Lakers. We keep all our opponents to under 0 PPG with 0% FG.

There shall be a decision.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#6 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted December 19, 2008 - 08:53 PM

I didn't know the rings were handed out in December?

We're playing horrible, but to flat out deny L.A. of any chance of winning championship is nonsensical.

Edited by Aceis²FresH, December 19, 2008 - 08:53 PM.

#7 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 19, 2008 - 08:57 PM

its early, but if were playing like this before the trade deadline a deal MUST be done, i do agree that our chances of winning right now are a LOT LESS than bostons and clevelands ...... i would have been happy to lose to good teams rather the other way around
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#8 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 19, 2008 - 09:01 PM

yeah no more dreaming in LALA land

#9 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 19, 2008 - 09:09 PM

It's early, but the common thread among us is that we are not tough enough. I think it is time to give Young Andrew a seat next to Buzz Kill at the end of the bench. At this time last year, the light bulb went on and he started to come into his own. A year later, after missing more than half a season with injuries and trying to adjust to playing next to another 7 footer, he is regressing. Maybe Jerry West was right. I think Cap needs to spend more time with him and I think he needs some time observing other bigs leave their toughness on the court. Mihm should back up Gasol at center for a few games and Josh Powell should get minutes behind LO who, while he's been inconsistent as usual, will play better as a starter again. For awhile at least. I do think the light bulb will go on for Andrew again, but he needs to learn like a back up QB learns, clipboard and all.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, December 19, 2008 - 09:24 PM.

#10 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 19, 2008 - 09:13 PM

^ i have to agree, i think we should move bynum back to the bench and move LO to start for chemistry purposes ... this pau + bynum experiment isnt working too well as of late
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#11 tru'tildeath

tru'tildeath

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:chick hearn

Posted December 19, 2008 - 09:26 PM

Tayshaun Prince :unsure:

#12 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,929 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 19, 2008 - 09:29 PM

Tayshaun Prince :unsure:

he's like their franchise player they won't give him up for garbage

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#13 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 19, 2008 - 09:31 PM

Tayshaun is absolutely the perfect fit and if Detroit continues its inconsistent ways, he may be obtainable for LO and his expiring contract, especially if they have their sights set on Carlos Boozer. This is where Mitch Kupchak's patience comes in.

#14 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted December 19, 2008 - 10:02 PM

Its time to face the facts, THIS LAKERS TEAM WILL NOT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP.

We desperately need a nice (smart) trade that will hopefully bring some talent, leadership, and tougher mentality to this team. Kind of like how Gasol turned us around last year.

I know some idiot will come in here saying: but omg we are 21-4 we don't need a trade!!

we lost to miami heat and only scored 85 points
we lost to the sacramento kings
we lost to the indiana pacers

If Marbury is open, i say we go for it.

Even Marion out-hustled stupid Odom who had under 5 points and missed 2 very very important free throws which could have won us this game, not to mention when we were down by 2 and odom got blocked 2 or 3 times in a row.

Any other trade ideas?

A move for Stef to bring leadership isn't happening. There are three leader-role players on this team already. I think Stef could work in role player scenarios if, and only, if he's going to be cheap. This team has the leadership in place. It just needs cohesion.

Edited by SaintNicholasVanExel, December 19, 2008 - 10:03 PM.

#15 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted December 19, 2008 - 10:03 PM

he's like their franchise player they won't give him up for garbage

GARBAGE.
has to do it :lol:

#16 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 19, 2008 - 10:04 PM

If they didn't get A.I's expiring that Tayshuan deal would of been likely.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#17 Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Name:Dexter Morgan
  • Fan Since:1893
  • Fav. Laker:Bobe Kryant

Posted December 19, 2008 - 10:24 PM

the sky is falling.. oh no!!!

Seriously, 82 games. relax and enjoy the ride.

#18 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted December 19, 2008 - 10:31 PM

Basketball Reasons...

#19 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza 4 MVP

Posted December 19, 2008 - 10:36 PM

We're playing horrible, but to flat out deny L.A. of any chance of winning championship is nonsensical.

just to clarify you are saying that when/if we play the celtics with this same team in june we can win?
Posted Image

#20 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 01:44 AM

Lol. Stephon Marbury.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users