Photo

Do the Lakers need to have the best record to win the championship?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Flobe24

Flobe24

Rookie

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Fan Since:The 80's
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James

Posted December 22, 2008 - 02:31 PM

Of course it is an advantage, but they need to be the best team in the NBA going into the NBA Finals, period. If they are playing better than their opponent, then they need the home court advantage. I would rather see the Lakers playing their best ball and be 100% healthy than perhaps risking that by going all out for the best record in the NBA. In 2004, we had the home court advantage against the Pistons, yet they "swept" us in 5 games. To me it's not the home court advantage that beats you, it's the other team. If the assumption is that the home court team should hold serve, then we would have seen more 7 games series in NBA History. Here's a list through 2005. In 61 years, 16 series have gone 7 games, or about 26.2%. http://www.insidehoo...s-history.shtml While I personally do not like the 2-3-2 format for obvious reasons, it's not an excuse to lose. If this talented Lakers team is playing at its best come the NBA Finals, it should be able to win in Boston, Cleveland or wherever.

I tend to agree. The best team will find a way to win. Champions find a way to win on the road.
Can't wait to get a pair of these!

#22 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 22, 2008 - 02:34 PM

It would be nice to have.

Posted Image
Team Farmar