#1 mprime7

mprime7

Rookie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 17, 2008 - 11:06 AM

First off, can I just say that I want a thank you from the OC Register, and the The LA Times for me giving them story ideas. There was the what's wrong with Kobe article from the Times, and then there was the Kobe's About to Bust story from the OCR, which focused on how badly Kobe's shot has been sucking. I believe I posted about that like two weeks ago. Anyways, they're the pros so my hat's off to them.

So Kobe was back to Kobe last night. Damn did it look nice. Kobe's jumper was back, Kobe's three game was there when we needed it the most (BTW, as my homies and I were watching this game, Greg's [expletive]...yes the same Kobe hater mentioned in "A Vintage Mamba Performance" was back at the Kobe hating. As he continued to hate the Knicks went up 101-98, and I said here comes a Kobe 3 to tie the game...Watch here it comes damn it, and then not five seconds later Fish' dishes to Kobe and insert Mike Breen voice...Kobe for 3? Bang!!! Ha ef you Greg.) Kobe's D actually looked a little more inspired, especially down the stretch, and he even closed the game out just like old Kobe. However, once again another quick PG kicked our asses, this time it was a quick quy with a 3 game, but he still kicked our asses. Greg keeps saying that we need Starbury. WTF? Starbury? I know he still has some hoops left in him, but will that mess up the chem? What then happens to Jordan and Fish? Plus, he's got a tattoo of his Starbury Brand logo on his temple. Let me say this again...He's got a Starbury Brand tattoo on his MOTHER EFING TEMPLE!!! Who does that? You know who a guy you probably don't want on your team. Idk, guys what does the TLN think?

Also, can Kobe put together two good shooting nights in a row? Next game the Mamba might be pumped because he's taking on the leading MVP candidate D-Wayne Wade. D-Wayne's been killing this year, and apparently he's been playing way better D than Kobe too. This one should be epic. Kobe show me your not washed up, and that your 30 year old legs aren't really 33 year old legs. The Black Mamba and the LA Lakers FTW!

PS...for some interesting tidbits involving all things sports checkout sportculture.wordpress.com

#2 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 17, 2008 - 11:52 AM

What's the point of a "pt. 2"? Just add a reply in the other thread.

Edited by daco_inc, December 17, 2008 - 11:52 AM.

#3 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 17, 2008 - 11:55 AM

Excellent post, mprime7. If the Lakers are to solve the pg problem, I believe that Farmar will have to be included in any deal to accomplish this. That's why a little deal like Farmar and Mihm's expiring contract for Raymond Felton might work. Or Mike Conley. Felton plays out of position at the 2 with the emergence of DJ Augustin and is expendable. He plays D and can shoot the 3, which is what we need. This gives the Bobcats a quality backup pg (or he can play the 2 like Felton) and some cap space. Conley might be harder to get, but he hasn't exactly lived up to expectations, although he has a world of talent. Frankly, I don't think Mitch will do anything other than wait for things to settle down after this horrendous 21-3 start. B) Do you realize that if the Lakers play .500 ball from here on out, they will win 50 games and make the playoffs? (50-32). Nice luxury, huh?

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, December 17, 2008 - 11:57 AM.

#4 mprime7

mprime7

Rookie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted December 17, 2008 - 12:10 PM

What's the point of a "pt. 2"? Just add a reply in the other thread.

Because I'm the guy who started the original "What's Wrong with Kobe and We Need a PG" thread...

#5 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted December 17, 2008 - 12:40 PM

no need to start a new thread and again NOTHING IS WRONG WITH KOBE he is still the best.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users