• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 ogarte24

ogarte24

Rookie

• 113 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 17, 2008 - 06:19 AM

I think they need a third point guard. Is Shaun Livingston available? How about Jannero Pargo? There's a news he would be released by his Russian team.

Toughness in middle? How about giving Josh Powell more playing time, anyone?

Swapping Chris Mihm, Mbenga and Sun Yue for a tough big guy and defensive point guard would be a genius' stroke.

I know how much you love Yue, but come on! We need toughness, and he's just one of those softies international product. He won't be able to help our team soon. We need an experienced and battle-tested PG. Jannero, please comeback with us please!

#2 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 17, 2008 - 08:48 AM

Livingston has played 4 games, and averaged 10 minutes this sesaon with the Miami Heat, so he wouldnt do much for us IMO.

Jannero Pargo would be a nice pickup, knows the system and would definately bring some good strong defense.

Toughness in the middle is something thats hard to get. We have Bynum and Gasol, then Powell. Theres not much out there we can get, so we have to make due with what we got.

Mihm, Mbenga, and Yue may get us someone like Jamaal Magloire.

I think our PG's are gonna be fine. If we can add a defensive minded PG, that would be great.

If any moves are going to be made, then it will be for a defensive small forward. Im a firm believer that Odom for Marion talks will arise before the deadline.

#3 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 17, 2008 - 09:09 AM

Toughness in the middle is something thats hard to get. We have Bynum and Gasol, then Powell. Theres not much out there we can get, so we have to make due with what we got.

Make due? You forgot to add LO to that mix. It's arguably the best front line in the NBA. We're not 21-3 for no reason.

As for Pargo, that would be great, but he won't be cheap and it's the wrong sign to send to Farmar, who needs to work out the kinks right now. He's not as good as I thought he was, but he's not as bad as he's playing either. I'm 100% behind getting a tough, defensive minded small forward, preferably Gerald Wallace, for LO. I think Josh Powell has proved that he's capable of eating up minutes behind Bynum and Gasol and a guy like Wallace or Marion would give us the added toughness we need. The other intriguing thought would be LO for 'Sheed straight up. Both have expiring contracts and neither would be re-signed by us (although the Pistons might want to sign LO next year), but I think 'Sheed gives us a better shot at the title.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, December 17, 2008 - 09:10 AM.

#4 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted December 17, 2008 - 09:35 AM

Make due? You forgot to add LO to that mix. It's arguably the best front line in the NBA. We're not 21-3 for no reason.

As for Pargo, that would be great, but he won't be cheap and it's the wrong sign to send to Farmar, who needs to work out the kinks right now. He's not as good as I thought he was, but he's not as bad as he's playing either. I'm 100% behind getting a tough, defensive minded small forward, preferably Gerald Wallace, for LO. I think Josh Powell has proved that he's capable of eating up minutes behind Bynum and Gasol and a guy like Wallace or Marion would give us the added toughness we need. The other intriguing thought would be LO for 'Sheed straight up. Both have expiring contracts and neither would be re-signed by us (although the Pistons might want to sign LO next year), but I think 'Sheed gives us a better shot at the title.

I would rather commit sucide than see Sheed in a Laker uniform.

#5 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 17, 2008 - 10:14 AM

I would rather commit sucide than see Sheed in a Laker uniform.

Why? He ain't Marbury.

#6 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 17, 2008 - 10:20 AM

Why? He's tough, is a great passer, rebounder, 3 point shooter, and shot blocker, and doesn't mind limited minutes. He's a true face up power forward. At worst, he's a little inconsistent. So what if he's a little crazy. The players like him.

#7 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 17, 2008 - 11:26 AM

yeah I dont know what is the big thing with Yue, I havent seen anything special in hi. DJ uhh idk never liked him... Chris Mihm has to go and lastly LO.

LO and Mihn for Marion!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,458 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted December 17, 2008 - 05:16 PM

I don't think we need to make any moves. We've got the pieces they just need to start playing better.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#9 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 17, 2008 - 06:14 PM

we need a defensive minded pg, a larger, more physical defending sf, and a better backup to andrew and pau .... very hard to acquire all these peices with just Lo and mihm, possibly we can add (no on wants them tho) vlad or luke but thats all that i think the lakers would let go of
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#10 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 17, 2008 - 06:41 PM

WE NEED...not much, but honestly we are in a competive postion right now, what we need (as fans) is to exercise patience
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#11 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 18, 2008 - 12:58 AM

I would die if we got either G or Sheed Wallace............

I would die happy.

#12 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts

Posted December 18, 2008 - 01:05 AM

Marion and Pargo would both be great pickups...pretty much everything we need at this moment.

#13 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 18, 2008 - 01:18 AM

Hopefully MJ is willing to work a deal this time for G.Wallace.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#14 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted December 18, 2008 - 01:29 AM

I would die if we got either G or Sheed Wallace............

I would die happy.

:hmm:

#15 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 18, 2008 - 01:32 AM

:hmm:

Sheed is so badass and awesome. Sheed > LO.

#16 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted December 18, 2008 - 01:59 AM

artest and tmac for LO and Luke.....

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#17 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted December 18, 2008 - 10:15 AM

Some may think it blasphemous, but I do what I can when he's available for trade again to get Raja Bell.

He's another shooter to extend the defense, he defends like a monster and he has the attitude the Lakers need right now.

Other than that..

Livingston - No way on any Earth would I sign this guy. He was overrated to begin with and now with the time off he's had the amount of games he'd have to play to get close to in shape, never mind effective, would be too long to make an impact on this team.

Front court - The team is fine in the front court. Its a matter of the big guys getting that "my ball" attitude. To that extent, yeah, Powell needs more time (especially if Pau is to sit for any amount of games).

Point guard - There are really no defensively minded point guards anywhere for trade. Farmar can do it, he just has to get over his 3 ball obsession and put some of that energy into hard-nosed D.

Artest - Be patient, he'll be here next year anyway. There's no need to give anything up for him.

Pargo - Won't get out of his contract he signed, that ship has sailed.

Marion - He's the one guy I'd deal Lamar for straight up right now if Miami came calling.

#18 PurpNGold

PurpNGold

Rookie

• 400 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted December 18, 2008 - 12:57 PM

damn as much as i hate raja bell.. now that hes playing for a pos team.. i wouldnt mind getting him...

yah and we have a better chance of landing artest dueing the off season... and maybe marbury for cheap lol.. does he even play defense?

marbury, kobe, artest, gasol and bynum.. no way we replacing fish :)

#19 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted December 18, 2008 - 12:58 PM

Does anyone trade Sasha for Raja Bell?

#20 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted December 18, 2008 - 01:03 PM

get me Ronny back :rock:
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users