I wanted to see a Pacquaio/Mayweather.

#42 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:09 PM

There is a hold up to this fight, the promoters don't want to give the 60/40 earnings from the fight that Pacquaio is asking for.

Edited by popo, January 13, 2009 - 11:25 PM.

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#43 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 14, 2009 - 10:18 AM

There is a hold up to this fight, the promoters don't want to give the 60/40 earnings from the fight that Pacquaio is asking for.

By Mark Vester

Promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank, has told his fighter, Manny Pacquiao, to drop his demand of a 60-40 split or the May 2 bout with Ricky Hatton is going to be off. Arum came to a verbal agreement with Team Hatton for a 50-50 split in December. Two days ago, Pacquiao's attorney informed reporters that Manny is not willing to agree to a 50-50 deal and wants a 60-40 split. Hatton's attorney stood firm and said Ricky would only agree to a 50-50 split. He also expressed the option of a legal suit against Pacquiao for breaking a "verbal contract."

Arum agrees with Team Hatton and is pleading with Pacquiao to take the deal.

"There's no way he's getting the 60-40," Arum told The Los Angeles Times. "Unless he comes to his senses and his people start acting intelligently . . . we'll see if we can keep it together, but the split is supposed to be 50-50. We've all agreed to it. Now, people are whispering in Pacquiao's ear. If they keep pushing for 60-40, Hatton and [his promoter Richard] Schaefer are pulling the plug."

Pacquiao's trainer, Freddie Roach, told The Times that he also agrees with Arum on the 50-50 split being a good deal.

"I hope they can come to an agreement but right now they're at a standstill," Roachsaid. "I hope the fight happens, and I think 50-50 is a good deal. I agree with it, because Hatton brings a lot of people from the U.K. I hope I can get Manny on board."

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester @ boxingvester@gmail.com
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#44 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 10:23 AM

Damn hopefully they get it resolved but i see it how Pacquiao wants it, since he won his last fight and Hatton lost his last major fight.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#45 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 11:08 AM

Damn hopefully they get it resolved but i see it how Pacquiao wants it, since he won his last fight and Hatton lost his last major fight.

po, i just text manny...we're good to go...lol

http://latimesblogs.....iao-nears.html

Manny Pacquiao nears agreement to fight Ricky Hatton
9:38 AM, January 14, 2009

A day after negotiations appeared to be crumbling, Manny Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum, just told me that Pacquiao's advisors are now "on board" with a 50-50 purse split with Ricky Hatton, and he expects that, "by tomorrow, I'll have a signed contract."

"There was a lot of confusion about why we did 50-50, but everyone now understands why this is a good deal," Arum said. "This thing is going to happen. Yesterday was disarray. Today, everything's back in order."

Arum said Pacquiao's retreat from a prior verbal agreement and push for a 60-40 percentage in his favor didn't account for the fact that he would receive half of the money coming from television rights in Britain, revenue that is greatly "attributable to Hatton," who hails from England, Arum said.

Hatton will also draw at least half of the live gate, Arum predicted, crediting Pacquiao for driving the U.S. pay-per-view sales.

Arum said Hatton's 2007 opponent, Floyd Mayweather Jr., didn't receive any British television money, and when he explained that to Pacquiao's attorney, Franklin Gacal, and the fighter's American and Philippine advisors, "everybody is now calmed down." Arum said he has received a thumbs-up from all three Pacquiao advisors to proceed for a 140-pound May 2 fight in Las Vegas that will match the top pound-for-pound fighter in the world against the charismatic Hatton, who has never lost at 140.

Pacquiao today is running a basketball tournament in the Philippines, but he's expected to sign the contract sometime Thursday -- much to the relief of Arum, Hatton and legions of boxing fans.

-- Lance Pugmire
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#46 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 11:14 AM

po, i just text manny...we're good to go...lol

That's what's up.

This will probably lead to Pac vs Mayweather in late 09' and maybe Hatton vs Delahoya, do you think those two will happen p4p?
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#47 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted January 14, 2009 - 11:22 AM

That's what's up.

This will probably lead to Pac vs Mayweather in late 09' and maybe Hatton vs Delahoya, do you think those two will happen p4p?

Personally bro, a PAC-PBF fight all depends on the outcome of the Hatton bout…..

Let’s take a look at Floyd’s first retirement; he beat Oscar, made millions and called it a career…he didn’t see too many lucrative matchups (money, legacy) out there…he felt that he wouldn’t get enough money to risk fighting Margarito or Cotto…the only other big fight was Hatton…however, Ricky was fighting at 140 and it was a fight that should have happened 4 years ago…BUT after Castillo was KO’d by Hatton, he called PBF out (Castillo was another Floyd victim twice)….PBF came back and whooped Ricky

Now, we have a Pacquiao that beat a DLH that Floyd barely got a split decision against…IF, and it’s a pretty significant ‘if’, Manny whoops Hatton more convincingly than Floyd did, expect a coming-out-of-retirement statement from PBF…

It sets up a legacy fight (#1 p4p vs the previous # 1p4p), everyone will watch and the money will be there
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")

#48 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 21, 2009 - 01:15 PM

Fight is cancelled:

Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer, who represents Hatton, told ESPN.com on Wednesday that he's canceled next week's planned media tour and will begin negotiating with other potential opponents immediately. Bob Arum of Top Rank, who promotes Pacquiao, confirmed that the fight is off.

"The fight is off and I instructed [tour manager] Kelly Swanson to cancel the tour," said Schaefer, clearly upset. "It's off and we are now pursuing our other options. That's it. The Hattons called me and asked again if we had a signed deal from Pacquiao and when I said we didn't, they said they won't sit around anymore. They would like me to explore three fights they are interested in."

Read Full Article Here

#49 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 21, 2009 - 01:20 PM

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

#50 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted January 21, 2009 - 04:53 PM

yep...fight is off

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3849386

for now
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")

#51 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted January 22, 2009 - 05:45 PM

ok...the fight is back on.....for now

By Dong Secuya
PhilBoxing.com
23 Jan 2009

Bacolod City -- After a long night and as the sun glimmers in the Philippines' eastern sky Friday, Pacquiao has finally gave the nod to his team to accept the existing offer from the Hatton camp to maybe finally seal the May 2 Pacquiao-Hatton superfight at MGM Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Pacquiao and his team are currently in Manila.

Pacquiao friend and confidant Rex 'Wakee' Salud informed PhilBoxing about the good news. The final financial deal is a 12 million dollar guarantee for Pacquiao and 52-48 PPV share in Pacquiao's favor.

The negotiation has been derailed after Pacquiao demanded a 60-40 PPV sharing in his favor from a 50-50 sharing being stipulated in the original contract. The Hatton camp countered with a 52-48 sharing in Pacquiao's favor and gave Pacquiao a Wednesday deadline to sign the contract. The fight has been called off as of yesterday when Pacquiao refused to budge as both parties issued statements blaming each other for the failed negotiation.

Over 3 bottles of beer
Pacquiao, whose playful antics would create joy and difficulty in his inner circle and this time reverberated into the boxing world by playing hard to get in the negotiation table, told Salud, who does not drink, that he would accept the contract only if Salud will down three bottles of beer. Salud, who had been trying to convince Pacquiao for days to sign the contract, was forced to drink this time around in order for the deal to be consummated.

Salud also informed that Arum was elated to hear the news that Pacquiao finally accepts the deal and that Arum may even come to the Philippines to do the press conference.

The Pacquiao-Hatton superfight on May 2 in Las Vegas is the year's most anticipated fight and is expected to sell out gate and short circuit tickets and break PPV records.
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")

#52 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted January 23, 2009 - 12:36 AM

Not surprised in the slightest. No way Pacquiao let's this pay day slip through his fingers. He just went all-in hoping for the Hattons to fold, but they didn't. I don't blame him though. I do think he does deserve the extra percentage, but he doesn't necessarily need it. He needs this fight more than the extra cash.

#53 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts

Posted January 23, 2009 - 09:49 AM

Heres some of the article from espn.com:

LOS ANGELES -- In a dramatic reversal of his position, pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao on Thursday night agreed to terms to face junior welterweight champion Ricky Hatton, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com.

A day after the fight supposedly dissolved because Pacquiao had not signed the contract for the May 2 super fight by Hatton's prescribed deadline -- causing Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer to declare the fight dead and to cancel a media tour planned for next week -- Pacquiao had a change of heart, Arum said.

The fight would take place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"Manny has assured me that he has signed the contract and was going to announce it to the Filipino press," Arum said.

Pacquiao's $12 million guaranteed purse -- $1 million more than he was guaranteed when he defeated Oscar De La Hoya on Dec. 6 -- probably had a lot to do with it.

"I think everyone [on Pacquiao's negotiating team] finally came to the realization of where we are in the world and where this economy is," Arum said.

#54 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 23, 2009 - 05:53 PM

great news .... again .... again
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#55 TheAssassin611

TheAssassin611

"The Young Assassin"

• 892 posts
  • Name:Mohammad Abdulrauf L. Lauban
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted February 19, 2009 - 06:34 PM

I Hope Pacquiao will Win! :rock:

Edited by TheAssassin611, February 19, 2009 - 06:34 PM.

#56 Guest_Spooky_*

Guest_Spooky_*

Posted March 01, 2009 - 10:35 PM

i hope pacquiao beats the [expletive] out of overrated fatton!

#57 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 10:49 PM

Prepare for a special Unlabeled sample shirt coming out in April. It's going to have Pacman on the front.

#58 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted March 02, 2009 - 07:07 PM

Prepare for a special Unlabeled sample shirt coming out in April. It's going to have Pacman on the front.

i have the one from jeepney
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#59 xplayforrealx

xplayforrealx

Rookie

• 350 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant and Sasha Vujacic

Posted March 02, 2009 - 09:13 PM

I would love to buy it
Mike Breen: Walton can tip it. Bryant with the save.
Hubie Brown: Oh you gotta get a shot here
Mike Breen: Final Seconds.. Bryant for the win, BANG!

Your signature violates forum guidelines.

#60 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 09:14 PM

I'll show it on here. It's gonna be the very first shirt of my upcoming label. It's just to get the name out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users