#21 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 05, 2009 - 06:30 PM

I think its more than realistic…Manny would probably even open up at 2-1….Manny isn’t Paulie Malignaggi…Hatton has had his troubles with speedy fighters (PBF) and southpaws (collazo)…Manny is both…aside Hattons impressive win against Paulie (who couldn’t punch himself out of a wet paperbag), he hasn’t looked dominant since the Castillo fight….IMO, it would be the David Diaz fight all over again

"with scissors in his hand" .... i love that line from wu tang
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#22 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 05, 2009 - 07:06 PM

Man, boxers take LONG arse BREAKS! Kinda frustrating as a fan.

#23 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 06, 2009 - 04:46 PM

Man, boxers take LONG arse BREAKS! Kinda frustrating as a fan.

check out Andre Berto vs Collazo on the 17th...free HBO

BUT

the main fight on that card is this BADASS mexican dude named Sergio Martinez...fast hands and he's slick....his only loss? antonio margarito from years ago.....

then you've got the margarito-mosely bout in february.....
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#24 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,789 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 06, 2009 - 04:55 PM

I think its more than realistic…Manny would probably even open up at 2-1….Manny isn’t Paulie Malignaggi…Hatton has had his troubles with speedy fighters (PBF) and southpaws (collazo)…Manny is both…aside Hattons impressive win against Paulie (who couldn’t punch himself out of a wet paperbag), he hasn’t looked dominant since the Castillo fight….IMO, it would be the David Diaz fight all over again

eggggzactly

2div

#25 Superstar Basketball

Superstar Basketball

Rookie

• 315 posts
  • Name:Commish
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted January 06, 2009 - 06:45 PM

Bring it. You can't help but root for Pacquiao, the guy is such a nice, humble, and regular guy. He gives so much back to the community both in the USA and back in the Philippines. He's a national hero for us.

...Not sure about running for Governor in the Philippines though. The politics in the Philippines is crooked... why involved yourself in that Pacquiao?
www.superstarbasketball.org
"Basketball isn't just a game, it's a lifestyle"
SEASON 14
BACK TO BASICS

#26 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,789 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 06, 2009 - 10:29 PM

you love your country and your people enough, you do things like run for governor

2div

#27 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 07, 2009 - 02:55 PM

check out Andre Berto vs Collazo on the 17th...free HBO

BUT

the main fight on that card is this BADASS mexican dude named Sergio Martinez...fast hands and he's slick....his only loss? antonio margarito from years ago.....

then you've got the margarito-mosely bout in february.....

Yeah.. thanks for clarifying things with that, still a while, but a bit closer than I originally thought. It had been so long I had almost forgotten the Margorito/Mosely thing was still on.

I think I've heard of & possibly seen that Sergio Martinez dude, but not 100% sure. Either way, thanks for the heads up. I'll probably look for that.

Andre Berto's pretty dope. Guy definitely can bring it with power no doubt about it. It seems like every single punch that guy throws is a haymaker. I'll DVR that baby most likely in case I don't watch it live.

#28 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 03:21 PM

Yeah.. thanks for clarifying things with that, still a while, but a bit closer than I originally thought. It had been so long I had almost forgotten the Margorito/Mosely thing was still on.

I think I've heard of & possibly seen that Sergio Martinez dude, but not 100% sure. Either way, thanks for the heads up. I'll probably look for that.

Andre Berto's pretty dope. Guy definitely can bring it with power no doubt about it. It seems like every single punch that guy throws is a haymaker. I'll DVR that baby most likely in case I don't watch it live.

yep...marks these down bro

jan 17th - berto v collazo, martinez v greene (although greene might pull out)
jan 24th - margarito v mosely....that one is at staples
feb 7th - arce v darchiniyan (this will be a war) this one's on showtime
feb 24- mayorga v angulo (angulo is a blue chip prospect out of mexico...real baddass)
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#29 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 07, 2009 - 03:42 PM

Angulo eh? Never heard of him. I will definitely be watching for that as well, plus, I always enjoy seeing Mayorga anyway as stupid as he is. He's a crowd pleaser, haha.

You ever been to any boxing fights by the way pound4pound? I'd imagine so. If so, which?

I haven't. Not necessarily the cost or anything, although they tend to be pretty damn high, but just haven't had the want or passion to really.

#30 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 03:55 PM

Angulo eh? Never heard of him. I will definitely be watching for that as well, plus, I always enjoy seeing Mayorga anyway as stupid as he is. He's a crowd pleaser, haha.

You ever been to any boxing fights by the way pound4pound? I'd imagine so. If so, which?

I haven't. Not necessarily the cost or anything, although they tend to be pretty damn high, but just haven't had the want or passion to really.

You’ve never seen Angulo? Oh man…you’re in for a treat…picture a 154 version of Margarito…

As for going to fights, its been a while bro…I’ve been to a few but the last one I went to was Erik Morales v Zahir Raheem…before that I went to see chavez sr vs ivan robinson at staples…they had like $20 tickets…great vibe….i also went with my cousin a few years back to see Roy Jones v John Ruiz for the title….

Anytime they have em in LA, I usually try to make it…the vegas fights are a little too pricey nowadays

Edited by pound4pound, January 07, 2009 - 03:56 PM.

QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")

#31 GEMROC

GEMROC

Independent Queen working for her throne.

• 3,791 posts
  • Name:Cheryle

Posted January 09, 2009 - 12:20 AM

I can't wait for this fight. :D

SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS, boyeee.

Lakers branded | I love life and all its uncertainties. <3 | *TWEET ME:@CheryleLapitan

#32 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 12:21 AM

Word is that December '09 will be Pacquiao/Mayweather Jr.

#33 GEMROC

GEMROC

Independent Queen working for her throne.

• 3,791 posts
  • Name:Cheryle

Posted January 09, 2009 - 12:24 AM

HOdeng. :dance1:

SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS, boyeee.

Lakers branded | I love life and all its uncertainties. <3 | *TWEET ME:@CheryleLapitan

#34 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 01:50 PM

the boxing world is buzzing right now...

two days ago, a press release had manny quoted as saying 'i can beat margarito'
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")

#35 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted January 09, 2009 - 07:04 PM

That's still too far away, both should have tune up matches before that.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#36 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted January 09, 2009 - 07:18 PM

^Doubt that date has any value. They just set the date for Hatton. Mayweather is one of the last things on his mind at this point. Probably just fan speculation.

Updated the original post.

Pacquiao-Hatton I
May 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Venue TBD

#37 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 10, 2009 - 01:01 PM

That's still too far away, both should have tune up matches before that.

Quote me on this. It'll happen this year. If it doesn't... it doesn't... LOL.

#38 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted January 10, 2009 - 06:14 PM

Quote me on this. It'll happen this year. If it doesn't... it doesn't... LOL.

They don't plan on these things too far ahead. It's actually impossible really. There's many factors to consider such as the unknown recovery time from his fight with Hatton, how much rest he wants after the fight, and training time for the next fight. And that's if the Mayweather fight even happens. Any legitimate rumors of his next fight will come after his bout with Hatton.

#39 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 12, 2009 - 07:44 PM

They don't plan on these things too far ahead. It's actually impossible really. There's many factors to consider such as the unknown recovery time from his fight with Hatton, how much rest he wants after the fight, and training time for the next fight. And that's if the Mayweather fight even happens. Any legitimate rumors of his next fight will come after his bout with Hatton.

plus manny will train exceptionally hard if the mayweather fight does go down because that will be his "dream" match ..... is 7 months good enough recovery time and training time for him?
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#40 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted January 12, 2009 - 09:02 PM

plus manny will train exceptionally hard if the mayweather fight does go down because that will be his "dream" match ..... is 7 months good enough recovery time and training time for him?

Depends on how much damage he takes from Hatton. Plus he'll have another baby by that time so I assume he'll also want to take a break from it all for a bit. And I haven't even mentioned Mayweather's side. There are two people in the fight after all. Will he want to have a fight or two before diving into Pacquiao?

Edited by daco_inc, January 12, 2009 - 09:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users