#42 DarthVicHater

DarthVicHater

Celtic Fan

• 37 posts
  • Fan Since:NEVER - GO CELTICS
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted December 14, 2008 - 08:16 PM

Here's my 2 cents in as a non-Laker fan
#1 - It sucks for Laker fans. Lakers have been on 570 for what... 3 decades or something like that.
#2 - MT is gone if he still does the Laker game radio broadcast.
#3 - Please let this be the end of VTB. Please please please please.
#4 - Hopefully PMS stay together.
#5 - Can this open up the return of Hacksaw???? One can hope.
I feel bad for Laker fans, no one likes change. Unless it deals with getting rid of VTB. Everyone would like that change.

#43 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted December 14, 2008 - 09:42 PM

#5 - Can this open up the return of Hacksaw???? One can hope.

you're joking, right?
all you guys hate vic so much... well, at least vic has a personality and his unbridled optimism that's comical at worst.
hacksaw is a prime example of the past generation of sports personalities refusing to take the step into modern sports talk. saw is unemployed for a reason. his style is cramped and unentertaining. when he wasn't reading news and going off on his little "takes," all he was was the most glorified phone jockey of all time.

Edited by SaintNicholasVanExel, December 15, 2008 - 12:08 AM.

#44 firefox

firefox

Rookie

• Pip
  • 445 posts
  • Fan Since:'47
  • Fav. Laker:George Mikan

Posted December 14, 2008 - 11:32 PM

SaintNike - We call this ageism. what's wrong with taking questions from the callers?

you're joking, right?
all you guys hate vic so much... well, at least vic has a personality and his unbridled optimism that's comical at worst.
hacksaw is a prime example of the past generation of sports personalities refusing to take the step into modern sports talk. saw is unemployed for a reason. his style is cramped and (not) unentertaining. when he's not reading news and going off on his little "takes," all he was was the most glorified phone jockey of all time.

Edited by firefox, December 14, 2008 - 11:33 PM.

#45 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted December 15, 2008 - 12:07 AM

SaintNike - We call this ageism. what's wrong with taking questions from the callers?

I don't know about you guys, but I don't care what "Joe in Rancho Penasquitos" has to say about the chargers... or anything for that matter. Taking calls all day is just an out to not write content and book guests. The internet exists now. if i want to see peoples opinions, i can come to TLN, if i want "neeeeewwwwsss updaaaates," i have the internet on my damn cell phone. My generation must be entertained. Sure, analysis is great, but not from some idiot lakers fan over the phone.

the face of sports talk is changing. those who don't change with it are losing work. it's as simple as that. welcome to the future.

#46 Brand New

Brand New

Good Enough

• 1,033 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 15, 2008 - 08:32 AM

#3 - Please let this be the end of VTB. Please please please please.

Vic the Brick isn't going anywhere.

#47 firefox

firefox

Rookie

• Pip
  • 445 posts
  • Fan Since:'47
  • Fav. Laker:George Mikan

Posted December 15, 2008 - 08:41 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I don't care what "Joe in Rancho Penasquitos" has to say about the chargers... or anything for that matter. Taking calls all day is just an out to not write content and book guests. The internet exists now. if i want to see peoples opinions, i can come to TLN, if i want "neeeeewwwwsss updaaaates," i have the internet on my damn cell phone. My generation must be entertained. Sure, analysis is great, but not from some idiot lakers fan over the phone.

the face of sports talk is changing. those who don't change with it are losing work. it's as simple as that. welcome to the future.

Sometimes it's more than cool music and some guy who write for The Times

#48 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:07 AM

How will this affect this website and some of the content and exclusives it provides as it's in clear partnership with AM 570?

#49 G-Small

G-Small

Lakers World Order

• 441 posts
  • Name:G-Small
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Nickey Maxwell VanExel III

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:47 PM

How will this affect this website and some of the content and exclusives it provides as it's in clear partnership with AM 570?

None at all. We still partner with AM 570.

I know D-Bricks and I feel even more of an obligation to bring a bigger and better Podcast since there will be little to NO Lakers talk anymore...

Edited by G-Small, February 09, 2009 - 01:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users