#41 yobryan2001

yobryan2001

Rookie

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 11, 2008 - 10:59 AM

I think he did it because we were playing a short handed suns who had really no answer for pau + bynum (I mean, amare cant guard both of them!) so phil wanted to get our bigs more touches, and knowing that kobe/fish rarely pass it down low he started a facilitator to get our bigs involved early, which we did.

Also, in the long run, (if luke is now "officially" a starter) our starting 5 will play more like our bench.. Because luke will make that extra pass as where vlade's job was "shoot", which stopped the offense, and since vlade has been so inconsistent we often ended dry, luke on the other hand has great BBALL IQ, and although his shot is inconsistent you can be sure he wont try to "shoot out of slumps" (you know, that thing kobes been doing :rolleyes: ).

The benefit of having vlade though is that when kobe penetrates it forces radmans man to collapse, leaving him wide open. But with the combination of A) kobe not penetrating, and B.) Vlad missing shots. that hasn't really been a consistent weapon against any team.

So it will be interesting to see what phil does! Hopefully we can get back to crushing teams!!!

Edited by yobryan2001, December 11, 2008 - 11:03 AM.

#42 destiny-dynasty

destiny-dynasty

Rookie

• 368 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 11, 2008 - 11:01 AM

problem with Luke hes inconsistent..one game hes great.. the next 5 he sucks....

:huh: :unsure: same with vladrad. if only phil could put in each guy when he's gonna be consistent, and bench each when he's not

#43 Juan

Juan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted December 11, 2008 - 11:03 AM

I think he did it because we were playing a short handed suns who had really no answer for pau + bynum (I mean, amare cant guard both of them!) so phil wanted to get our bigs more touches, and knowing that kobe/fish rarely pass it down low he started a facilitator to get our bigs involved early, which we did.

Also, in the long run, (if luke is now "officially" a starter) our starting 5 will play more like our bench.. Because luke will make that extra pass as where vlade's job was "shoot", which stopped the offense, and since vlade has been so inconsistent we often ended dry, luke on the other hand has great BBALL IQ, and although his shot is inconsistent you can be sure he wont try to "shoot out of slumps" (you know, that thing kobes been doing :rolleyes: ).

The benefit of having vlade though is that when kobe penetrates it forces radmans man to collapse, leaving him wide open. But with the combination of A) kobe not penetrating, and B) Vlad missing shots. that hasn't really been a consistent weapon against any team.

So it will be interesting to see what phil does! Hopefully we can get back to crushing teams!!!

Vlad was on a roll before the Queens game.....

#44 yobryan2001

yobryan2001

Rookie

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 11, 2008 - 11:04 AM

Vlad was on a roll before the Queens game.....

True but where was he the first 3 - 4 games of the season?
point is, personally, I can never "rely" on vlad rad

Edited by yobryan2001, December 11, 2008 - 11:04 AM.

#45 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,767 posts

Posted December 11, 2008 - 11:09 AM

Start Farmar and (sometimes) Luke.

Now. I'm finished plugging that. I've said my piece. I hope someone (Phil or the coaching staff) takes notice.

#46 Mega Man

Mega Man

Mega Buster

• 415 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 11, 2008 - 12:34 PM

luke plays better with the starting unit, his passing and ability to execute the tri just flourishes when he's around good players. however his shot and defense still makes me cringe

Posted Image

#47 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 11, 2008 - 02:47 PM

Start Lamar. Just try it. We┬┤ll see if it works.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#48 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 11, 2008 - 02:56 PM

Start Marion. That would be the smartest thing.

Okay, I'm done.

#49 PurpNGold

PurpNGold

Rookie

• 400 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted December 11, 2008 - 03:01 PM

True but where was he the first 3 - 4 games of the season?
point is, personally, I can never "rely" on vlad rad

where was he in the first 3-4 games? lol who cares.. with your logic, it just means hes better and much more consistent NOW.. vlad is top 10 in 3pt% ... luke did ok tho.. hes can benefit our first unit only cuz hes a pass first by default kind of guy (cuz he cant do anything without being WIDE open)

anyone see his dunks.. lol atrocious.. but hopefully, if given the chance of playing consistantly, he can become the luke of old.

#50 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 11, 2008 - 03:14 PM

Start Marion. That would be the smartest thing.

Okay, I'm done.

Yeah, because Marion is killing it in Miami. That miserable bastard wasn't happy filling stat sheets, running up and down the floor with Nash as the Sun's third option and he's going to come to LA as the fourth option and push us over the top? Please. Let somebody else overpay for him next summer. We'd have to collapse between now and the trade deadline for that trade to look remotely appealing.

#51 yobryan2001

yobryan2001

Rookie

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 11, 2008 - 03:32 PM

where was he in the first 3-4 games? lol who cares.. with your logic, it just means hes better and much more consistent NOW.. vlad is top 10 in 3pt% ... luke did ok tho.. hes can benefit our first unit only cuz hes a pass first by default kind of guy (cuz he cant do anything without being WIDE open)

anyone see his dunks.. lol atrocious.. but hopefully, if given the chance of playing consistantly, he can become the luke of old.

yea, but I'm not just talking 3's, i'm talking defense and turnovers, penetration, I mean vlade is a one-dimensional player, but gREAT at that One-dimension.. luke on the other hand is the opposite, a mediocore multi-dimensional player, With exceptional court vision.

Also, I read that luke has been working his butt off, so IMO he deserves to get at least a shot at it..

#52 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 12, 2008 - 05:48 PM

Luke could play Lamar into a trade... with a lotta help from josh powell and chris mihm
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#53 Vaporize

Vaporize

Sixth Man

• 2,939 posts

Posted December 12, 2008 - 06:33 PM

I think Luke is starting to set up the offense for the starting unit. We don't really get in to our half court offense and Vlad can't do that. Only this is Luke's shot is Oogly.

Posted Image

#54 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 12, 2008 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, because Marion is killing it in Miami. That miserable bastard wasn't happy filling stat sheets, running up and down the floor with Nash as the Sun's third option and he's going to come to LA as the fourth option and push us over the top? Please. Let somebody else overpay for him next summer. We'd have to collapse between now and the trade deadline for that trade to look remotely appealing.

Exactly...

Without Steve Nash or even Stephon Marbury to help him pad his stats, he is being exposed.
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#55 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 12, 2008 - 07:15 PM

Exactly...

Without Steve Nash or even Stephon Marbury to help him pad his stats, he is being exposed.

Don't forget J.Kidd his first 2 seasons.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#56 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted December 13, 2008 - 12:06 AM

i am not a marion fan because of his attitude but one thing i will tell you is you guys are wrong about him

offensively he may be much less effective without a superior PG but first off

1. if he came here he would have wide open shots which he can hit and he would be able to score off of offensive rebounds which hes great at and fast breaks which hes also great at.

2. with post passers like pau and andrew and passers like luke and kobe marion cutting to the basket would make the lakers that much more dynamic.

3. marion say what you want is a down and dirty, gritty defender he is an athlete and elite athlete and can lock up anyone from PGs to PFs something that makes him versatile.

4. he can play both PF and SF so in terms of losing versatility by trading odom not much is lost there.

5. basically think trevor ariza but with a better three point shot and a lot more talent.

the only way i make that trade is if i am able to lock him in for 4 years at around 44 million

otherwise i dont make the trade

but in all seriousness you guys need to realize he brings a hustle and defensive mentality while considering who we will have to go through to get a championship

boston or cleveland marion is very capable of defending both lebron and pierce while noone on this roster has the same combination of size, speed, defensive fundementals marion has

make no mistake about it real deal knows what hes talking about this would be a move to upgrade defensively not offensively though contrary to popular belief i believe he would improve us in that category also

the triangle offense depends a lot on post entry and cutting to the basket marion is one of the best in the entire league at cutting to the basket which is why guys like nash, marbury, kidd were able to make him so effective

marion would be the 4th option on this team which i dont think he would like but to win he might be ok with it and not to mention he might have the easiest time finding offense in his career.

he would become and afterthought leading to cuts to the basket for dunks and layups, alley oops, wide open threes

to say this deal wouldn't help us is simply looking at it at face value and not knowing the strengths of his game
Posted Image

#57 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,767 posts

Posted December 13, 2008 - 12:38 AM

i am not a marion fan because of his attitude but one thing i will tell you is you guys are wrong about him

offensively he may be much less effective without a superior PG but first off

1. if he came here he would have wide open shots which he can hit and he would be able to score off of offensive rebounds which hes great at and fast breaks which hes also great at.

2. with post passers like pau and andrew and passers like luke and kobe marion cutting to the basket would make the lakers that much more dynamic.

3. marion say what you want is a down and dirty, gritty defender he is an athlete and elite athlete and can lock up anyone from PGs to PFs something that makes him versatile.

4. he can play both PF and SF so in terms of losing versatility by trading odom not much is lost there.

5. basically think trevor ariza but with a better three point shot and a lot more talent.

the only way i make that trade is if i am able to lock him in for 4 years at around 44 million

otherwise i dont make the trade

but in all seriousness you guys need to realize he brings a hustle and defensive mentality while considering who we will have to go through to get a championship

boston or cleveland marion is very capable of defending both lebron and pierce while noone on this roster has the same combination of size, speed, defensive fundementals marion has

make no mistake about it real deal knows what hes talking about this would be a move to upgrade defensively not offensively though contrary to popular belief i believe he would improve us in that category also

the triangle offense depends a lot on post entry and cutting to the basket marion is one of the best in the entire league at cutting to the basket which is why guys like nash, marbury, kidd were able to make him so effective

marion would be the 4th option on this team which i dont think he would like but to win he might be ok with it and not to mention he might have the easiest time finding offense in his career.

he would become and afterthought leading to cuts to the basket for dunks and layups, alley oops, wide open threes

to say this deal wouldn't help us is simply looking at it at face value and not knowing the strengths of his game

What he said...with spell checker enabled. :P

#58 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 13, 2008 - 07:03 AM

He doesn't care about winning, Marion only cares about himself... He is too selfish... He wants more touches and recognition... Sorry, but when you have Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum, and Pau Gasol that will not happen...

He wants a huge contract... Sorry, 12 PPG @ 46% shooting while playing alongside Wade, a rookie (Beasley) and scrubs, good luck...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#59 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 13, 2008 - 08:46 AM

ummmmmmmm....Luke had another good game as a starter, I see 20 starts or so for him this year
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#60 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted December 13, 2008 - 10:37 AM

ummmmmmmm....Luke had another good game as a starter, I see 20 starts or so for him this year

He keeps playing good then Phil should start him for the rest of the season lol
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users