#41 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 15, 2008 - 04:10 PM

First, to address Last Stand 2.0's comment that Billups is a premier pg defender, I disagree. He was a premier defender but the main reason that Dumars traded him was because he was hurting them defensively and he wanted to give the younger, faster, quicker Rodney Stuckey some playing time. That and the salary cap thing, of course. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Billups, but that ship has sailed. Mike Conley is a great suggestion and probably obtainable. He plays on a team who will trade with the Lakers and who would probably love to have an expiring contract. How about a little deal like Farmar and Mihm for Conley? It works salary-wise and Memphis gets a player who fits into their up tempo scheme and a 2.5 mil expiring contract.

#42 Hayter M

Hayter M

Stinky

• Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Fan Since:1984

Posted December 15, 2008 - 04:21 PM

i'm starting to agree with some of those people that said lakers don't have the killer instinct to win it all. yes they only lost 3 but to indiana and sacramento? then letting washington stay in the game. while boston clearly looks like the best team in the league right now.

#43 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted December 15, 2008 - 04:37 PM

Andrew Bynum needs to do less whining and more intimidating. Philip should also play Josh Powell some more because he has that thug mentality that we lack. We should trade LO and Farmar for a defensive minded pg and a front court thug. Or bring in Avery Johnson and let Philip take over for Tex Winter. Philip only seems interested in the triangle offense anyway.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, December 15, 2008 - 04:38 PM.

#44 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 15, 2008 - 06:58 PM

I like Billups, but he is like 32-33... His production could drop-off anytime, and with his salary, it's very hard to trade him...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#45 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,134 posts

Posted December 15, 2008 - 11:26 PM

i would like a

lamar+farmar+mihm for mike conley+hakim warrick+quinton ross

but while i suggested it i think that move is too bold for any GM even kevin pritchard

basically you are trading in solid contributors that you know are such for guys who would have to learn your system while we are trying to get home court

i think that solves our PG defense issues and gives us a back-up big after losing lamar who is young, athletic, and can score, and a defensive minded small foward who knows his role

i think its too bold and questionable to even think about
Posted Image

#46 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted December 16, 2008 - 09:40 AM

I like the Conley part of the deal, but what is it that you see in Hakim Warrick that would improve the Lakers, while at the same time we lose Lamar? Quintin Ross wouldn't find any playing time on this team. Besides, the salaries don't come close to adding up. Go to the ESPN Trade Machine or RealGM.com Trade Checker to see if deals work. To make that deal work, they would have to throw in Antoine Walker, but his contract doesn't even expire this year.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, December 16, 2008 - 09:41 AM.

#47 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,134 posts

Posted December 16, 2008 - 11:38 AM

I like the Conley part of the deal, but what is it that you see in Hakim Warrick that would improve the Lakers, while at the same time we lose Lamar? Quintin Ross wouldn't find any playing time on this team. Besides, the salaries don't come close to adding up. Go to the ESPN Trade Machine or RealGM.com Trade Checker to see if deals work. To make that deal work, they would have to throw in Antoine Walker, but his contract doesn't even expire this year.

odom has to be included because there is no way they trade a much better PG prospect for farmar

they need incentive an expiring

and since odom is our biggest we would most likely have to give him up

and warrick is very good and could easily do what odom does off the bench but would give us bigger scoring punch and athleticism off the bench
Posted Image

#48 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted December 16, 2008 - 12:01 PM

But what about the salary disparities? You can't even come close to making that deal. Odom + Mihm + Farmar is about 17.5 mil and Conley + Warrick + Ross = 6.5 mil. LS2, if you are going to propose deals, you should try making them work with the ESPN Trade Machine or RealGM.com Trade Checker first.

#49 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 16, 2008 - 07:45 PM

PLEASE, no hakim warrick, dude DOES NOT play defense and is more inconsistent than our own LO ... Ross is a pretty good defender and so is conley but you still would have to throw in more salary for this to work

Edited by phifedogg76, December 16, 2008 - 07:46 PM.

Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users