#1 xkb24

xkb24

Rookie

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Fan Since:Always/Forever
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 10, 2008 - 09:21 AM

there has been recent talk about the christmas day game with the celtics, but what do you think about the matchup with king james and the cavs, who have shown that they are not a one man team anymore

i predict the cavs and lakers in finals
"Phil Jackson and the Lakers will walk away with more rings, but LeBron will get his trophy.” - Lil Wayne

10 down. 6 to go.

#2 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted December 10, 2008 - 10:54 AM

I've also got Lakers/Cavs in the Finals. As for the game in January, lately we just haven't been able to beat Cleveland. Don't know what it is but they have just outplayed us in recent regular season games. I think we've lost 5 in a row to them.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#3 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 13, 2008 - 11:07 PM

Already predicting the Lakers in the Finals are we? Let's try playing some defense first before we make such a prediction. I mean, if we played the way we're playing right now during the playoffs, we still have a pretty good chance at reaching the Finals, as we own every team in the West anyways, but facing a determined defending champion Celtics and a determined Eastern runner-up in the Cavaliers is easier said than done.

Kobe vs Lebron, who doesn't want that?

Edited by AkademikONE, December 13, 2008 - 11:07 PM.

#4 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted December 13, 2008 - 11:25 PM

I think it's going to be Beantown vs. LA again.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#5 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 14, 2008 - 06:54 AM

I think they will beat us twice this season as usual, they´ll come back from behind and make a big run in the fourth quarter and game over for us.Anyway, I hope we will crush them in the NBA Finals, I don´t want to see another loss to the freaking Celtics in the Finals...

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#6 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted December 14, 2008 - 11:53 AM

I think it's going to be Beantown vs. LA again.

Yep.

#7 r9fan

r9fan

Rookie

• 248 posts

Posted December 14, 2008 - 12:20 PM

i think we can't forget about san antonio. the big 3 are healthy and roger mason has been a really good addition, better over all player than brent barry was for them. I like our chances but i think our biggest challenge is definitely san antonio.

#8 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 14, 2008 - 12:22 PM

The Spurs aren't any better than they were last year, and we finished them off pretty easily 4-1, which was a surprise to me.

#9 Cooleo

Cooleo

you need a dose of my dopeness.

• 959 posts
  • Fav. Laker:da black mamba

Posted December 14, 2008 - 12:27 PM

Honestly. The way we are playing right now, we might not make it to the finals. But Its either going to be the Celtics or the Cavs vs us for the finals.

#10 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 14, 2008 - 12:30 PM

Honestly. The way we are playing right now, we might not make it to the finals. But Its either going to be the Celtics or the Cavs vs us for the finals.

It's not the Western Conference teams that most Laker fans are scared of playing, it's BOS or CLE they're scared of, with right reason. Call me crazy, but I honestly believe, even if we played like this in the playoffs, we'd still get to the Finals regardless. No West team is as deep as us, and we will wear them down in a 7-game series.

#11 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 14, 2008 - 12:33 PM

^ too negative
We arent relying solely on our D like 2 other teams in the league...only 2 BTW...but we cant get out of the west playin like this, i think some people will never be sastisified
But our D will be a top 10 Defense overall by the time the season is over...it is improved, also

The Lakers have a much better shot of winning against the Celtics this year, if the Finals come to that, better chemistry, better defense, the additions ofBynum and Ariza, Jordan is a lil' better, and Phil will know Boston a lil' better...if we dont win dont blame effort or coaches, blame Boston for being the better overall team.
I mean three titles this decade is a lot...one or two more would be great but we will have to see
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#12 Cooleo

Cooleo

• 959 posts

Posted December 14, 2008 - 12:36 PM

true... I say its too early to tell.

#13 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 14, 2008 - 12:40 PM

That's why I don't get why some people are too worked up about our defense. We're barely a quarter of the way through the season. Understand that of course we're not going to have everything worked out yet, it's too early and we're still experimenting with different things. The season is long folks. I wish our first game against Boston was later on in the season, because I'm sick of all the fans talking about it and making such a big deal about it. If we win on that day, good. If Boston wins, then it's fine as well, as it's only DECEMBER folks.

#14 Cooleo

Cooleo

• 959 posts

Posted December 14, 2008 - 12:41 PM

We are still a very good team. Just right now we arent playing with a lot of energy. We need a spark or a win, to get us where we were at the beginning at the year, dominating every quarter. I wouldnt be so concerned. We have the whole regular season to do that.

Edited by cooleo, December 14, 2008 - 12:44 PM.

#15 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 14, 2008 - 02:22 PM

i dont think any team can dominate the way we did at first, throughout a whole season, thats just unrealistic
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users