7393 replies to this topic

#7381 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,649 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 20, 2011 - 01:49 AM

Boo having all trade ideas and thoughts compressed into one thread!

BOO!!!

#7382 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,812 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 20, 2011 - 09:48 AM

Whoa, hardly ever post in this sub-forum, but this is reeeeeeally hectic. I mean, if there's only one thread merged with every topic, is there even a need for the sub-forum?

#7383 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted April 21, 2011 - 05:18 AM

It's just for the past topics. Most all of them were ideas, and there was no point in having a lot of them still getting bumped.

I'm going to make a separate forum for trade ideas once the season ends. We need to separate the ideas from the legit rumors.

#7384 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,678 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted April 23, 2011 - 04:31 PM

It's just for the past topics. Most all of them were ideas, and there was no point in having a lot of them still getting bumped.

I'm going to make a separate forum for trade ideas once the season ends. We need to separate the ideas from the legit rumors.

I bet it was me who caused all this :omg:

#7385 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,649 posts

Posted April 26, 2011 - 02:08 AM

That makes more sense...

Playoffs is not really the time to make trade props...
In fact...

It makes sense to possibly have the Trade Forums inactive from the trade deadline, until the lakers finnish their postseason.

#7386 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,678 posts

Posted April 30, 2011 - 10:59 AM

Would you trade Steve Blake for Mario Chalmers?

#7387 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 06, 2011 - 12:50 PM

I wish there was a way we could trade for Chris Paul and Ariza. Maybe give up Gasol, Artest, and a throw-in such as Ebanks or Caracter. That would give us a starting lineup of CP3, Kobe, Ariza, Odom, and Bynum. I dont care if we still run the triangle next year, C Paul is too great of a player to not fit. Of course my ultimate dream would be for us then to flip Bynum and a draft pick for Dwight Howard, which would be awesome. Now if only there was a way that we could convince Walton and Fisher to retire lol

#7388 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted May 06, 2011 - 12:51 PM

Would you trade Steve Blake for Mario Chalmers?

Chalmers definitely has more upside but I dont see why Miami would do it

#7389 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,649 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 04:18 AM

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=4xh9u4q

That is the DREAM scenerio

Kobe-Howard-CP3 would be unstoppable.

I like Bynum and Gasol...
But, after 2 titles, and bynums weak body...

This trade would be the best case scenerio

#7390 mik_ron_rob

mik_ron_rob

Rookie

• 55 posts
  • Fan Since:Millenium
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, James Worthy

Posted May 09, 2011 - 05:07 AM

My two cents: we trade Bynum (while his stock is high) and Shannon Brown for Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrin. Seriously. I think a second Big time scorer will take the pressure off Kobe. Makes Pau your third option, you keep your Swiss army knife in Lamar and boom! You have a devastating defensive backcourt in Ellis and Kobe, then Ron, Lamar and Pau. Plus Ellis and Biedrins are just both 25 years old if I'm not mistaken.

Starters:
C Pau Gasol - not giving up on him
PF Lamar Odom
SF Ron Artest
SG Kobe Bryant
PG Monta Ellis

Bench:
Biedrins - young rebounder
Fisher
Barnes - will get better next year
Blake - will get better next year
Walton

Edited by mik_ron_rob, May 09, 2011 - 05:34 AM.

#7391 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,678 posts

Posted May 09, 2011 - 07:58 PM

My two cents: we trade Bynum (while his stock is high) and Shannon Brown for Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrin. Seriously. I think a second Big time scorer will take the pressure off Kobe. Makes Pau your third option, you keep your Swiss army knife in Lamar and boom! You have a devastating defensive backcourt in Ellis and Kobe, then Ron, Lamar and Pau. Plus Ellis and Biedrins are just both 25 years old if I'm not mistaken.

Starters:
C Pau Gasol - not giving up on him
PF Lamar Odom
SF Ron Artest
SG Kobe Bryant
PG Monta Ellis

Bench:
Biedrins - young rebounder
Fisher
Barnes - will get better next year
Blake - will get better next year
Walton

I don't like it. Too much hogging would be involved with Ellis and Bryant on the same team.

#7392 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted May 09, 2011 - 10:12 PM

All I know is this offseason the Lakers definitely need to upgrade the PG position and really the only way to go about that is through trade. I say we try to pry either D Williams or C Paul, with D Will most likely being the easier one to get. The trade could go like this

Nets get:
Pau Gasol
Artest
Steve Blake (hopefully)
Caracter
Draft Pick

Pau gets a fresh start after a horrible postseason and Artest gets to play in his home state of NY in a year or two. We also give them Blake if they want him (I doubt it) and a young talent to groom (Caracter) and draft pick.

Lakers get:
D Will
Travis Outlaw
Throw in player

Lakers get a top 5 point guard plus a bad contract who had a bad year playing out of position (hes more of a 4 than a 3). We also get a throw in to make the numbers work.

Lakers Roster
D Will Fisher
Kobe S Brown
Barnes Ebanks Walton's Corpse
Odom Outlaw
Bynum FA

We put out a competitive team that has championship potential who could actually defend the pick and roll while keeping our main trade chips (Bynum, Odom) for if things go wrong . If things start off slow we could always trade Bynum, Shannon Brown, & Ebanks for Dwight Howard and JJ Redick, which is a way better package than any other team could offer. If Orlando still isnt convinced then we throw in Odom, but only if they send Brandon Bass our way to be our starting PF. A starting 5 of D Will, Kobe, Matt Barnes (whos isnt great but when healthy gets the job done), Bass (undersized but hardnosed defender), and Howard (great defender who would bring toughness to the whole team) would make all my dreams come true.

#7393 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,558 posts

Posted May 12, 2011 - 01:19 PM

man we should try to trade for dorell wright, the warriors have a ton of forwards..i know he is a starter and one of fheir main scorers now, but we can try lol...plus he's an la native i think

Edited by Clutch, May 12, 2011 - 01:19 PM.

bw1wOGf.png

#7394 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted May 13, 2011 - 01:42 PM

I say we try to trade for Iguodala and Jrue Holiday from Philly. We could give them Odom, Artest, and Blake. Even though we lose our 6th man, we upgrade two starters and gain an athletic wing in Iggy. Holiday's one of the youngest players in the league and he's a tall (6-4) but quick PG who has the potential to be a top defender, plus having Fisher on the bench to teach him will only help his development. Hopefully we still have enough pieces to trade for Dwight in a seperate deal, maybe give up Bynum, S. Brown, Ebanks, Caracter, and draft picks for him and maybe Redick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users