27 replies to this topic

#21 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted December 09, 2008 - 08:48 PM

I wouldn't. KG will likely go down as the better player, but Gasol fits our team better and is significantly younger.

I certainly wouldn't complain if this hypothetical trade went down, obviously, but for long-term and practical purposes, I'd rather have Gasol.

Sure, you can factor in age, but in terms of overall skill set, Garnett actually fits this team better, especially as Bynum develops his post game.

Also, Garnett would pretty much solve all our defensive woes that come whenever teams put in their small lineups, for Garnett can guard every single position with ALl NBA team defense.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#22 jplakers

jplakers

Rookie

• 52 posts
  • Fav. Laker:andrew bynum

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:04 PM

wow when bayless tried to dunk garnett went to jareds face and lamarcus was rite there and he didnt do squat im in 11th grade and if anyone 1 foot bigger than my pointguard got in his face and i was as big as the guy i would be all up in his grill boy aldridge is soft then kg crawls infront of bayless like a dog dam thats cold what i would have done when kg was talking trash is do the sign with my hand the one that means all talk ill say keep talking u aint going to do squat

#23 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,134 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:09 PM

wow when bayless tried to dunk garnett went to jareds face and lamarcus was rite there and he didnt do squat im in 11th grade and if anyone 1 foot bigger than my pointguard got in his face and i was as big as the guy i would be all up in his grill boy aldridge is soft then kg crawls infront of bayless like a dog dam thats cold what i would have done when kg was talking trash is do the sign with my hand the one that means all talk ill say keep talking u aint going to do squat

KG is such a chump he picks on little guys

he never picks on big guys and when he does like zaza pachulia they come back at him

KG almost crapped his pants when that happened

KG is simply a bully not tough but a bully

but it is undeniable he is an excellent defensive anchor

which bynum could be but with phils garbage defensive scheme he can't because there are so many double teams he has to go help out and there are wide open dunks
Posted Image

#24 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:21 PM

Wow, that's pretty weird for KG to do. Crawl on the floor? :huh:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#25 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:27 PM

kg has a better record

/thread

#26 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted December 10, 2008 - 07:08 AM

He needs to have his national team mindset. Gasol just seems much more passionate when playing for his country.

I think he's busting his butt for the Lakers every night too...

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#27 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 10, 2008 - 09:28 AM

Sure, you can factor in age, but in terms of overall skill set, Garnett actually fits this team better, especially as Bynum develops his post game.

Also, Garnett would pretty much solve all our defensive woes that come whenever teams put in their small lineups, for Garnett can guard every single position with ALl NBA team defense.

No argument there. I'd probably call comparisons between the rest of their overall skills a push.

#28 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 10, 2008 - 05:45 PM

the only difference is Pau is an effective center for us, I think he fits better, but KG would fit very well, and maybe odom could play with him and bynum on the same floor at the same time
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users