41 replies to this topic

#21 Law Ray

Law Ray

Rookie

• 42 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:30 PM

Last 4 games 51mins 0-8, 2pts 4to's and 6 fouls. I still say we overpaid for a contract year player.

No euro player should ever make this kind of money!! Period!!

#22 Enrique OG

Enrique OG

Elongated

• Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:31 PM

No euro player should ever make this kind of money!! Period!!

not even Dirk?

#23 Law Ray

Law Ray

Rookie

• 42 posts

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:38 PM

not even Dirk?

Not even Dirk!! Has Dirk won a championship with Dallas? Overpaid if you ask me.

#24 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:40 PM

His shot is not falling but at least he could play some D right? he's not doing that either...he's committing lame fouls like he did before last year

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#25 Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Throbbing

• Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:magic, elden, fox

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:42 PM

With all due respect for the opinion of "sashagirl", I think Sasha sucks. He is a machine that makes missed shots. Those machines are a dime a dozen. Sorry sashagirl. No offense. I like Luke Walton for no good reason so you can feel free to support Sasha.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber. -Dude, The Big Lebowski

#26 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted December 10, 2008 - 02:12 PM

I gotta defend my boy here. The first thing that people will look at as a reason why Sasha is struggling playing time. I keep having this feeling where when he gets on the court, he feels like his career is on the line. Like he is thinking way to much about trying impress Phil, like how Sasha was early in his career. I believe he will pick it up and end up being "The Machine" we loved last year. But he has to work on being mentally strong.

Just my opinion. Sashagirl, represent. B)
Posted Image

#27 Juan

Juan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 10, 2008 - 02:22 PM

#28 KaPau

KaPau

Rookie

• 68 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Erving "Magic" Johnson

Posted December 10, 2008 - 02:34 PM

he needs to shave that freaking hair of his face, that's bad karma for a shooting guy, LOL!!!!

#29 Law Ray

Law Ray

Rookie

• 42 posts

Posted December 10, 2008 - 02:39 PM

he needs to shave that freaking hair of his face, that's bad karma for a shooting guy, LOL!!!!

Yeah that hairnet is really bothering him!

#30 sashagirl

sashagirl

Rookie

• 37 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha!

Posted December 10, 2008 - 05:34 PM

No offense taken, Bob Loblaw. :) I do agree with Machinehead's assessment, though.

#31 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 10, 2008 - 05:34 PM

too many newbies...lol
but seriously, sasha is struggling b/c he isnt in the same role, but sashas cool, he will be needed 1 day and he will come through
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#32 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted December 11, 2008 - 10:14 AM

he did well last night. :)

#33 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted December 11, 2008 - 12:39 PM

His "defense" is overrated and he's inconsistent. :thumbsdown:

#34 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted December 11, 2008 - 12:50 PM

Funny how he shaves and then he has a big game. :lol:
Posted Image

#35 Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Throbbing

• Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Fav. Laker:magic, elden, fox

Posted December 11, 2008 - 02:29 PM

No offense taken, Bob Loblaw. :) I do agree with Machinehead's assessment, though.

Good. You keep on lovin him and I'll keep on liking Luke and anyone that has a problem with our love can ph.....well, you know what they can do.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber. -Dude, The Big Lebowski

#36 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted December 11, 2008 - 05:08 PM

Sasha signed a 3 year, 15 million dollar contract and is playing like crap because he's secure. Trevor Ariza, on the other hand, is playing for a long term contract and plays every game like it matters. It was nice to see Gasol, LO, Fish, Sasha at the 2 and Kobe at the 3 at the end of the game last night. That was our most successful lineup last year and why it was the first time we've seen it this year is beyond me. I felt much more at ease with Luke in the starting lineup, too. Those who know me from another forum know that I'm not a big fan of Vlad Radmanovic, who I will refer to only as "Buzz Kill" from here on out.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, December 11, 2008 - 05:14 PM.

#37 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 11, 2008 - 05:18 PM

Sasha signed a 3 year, 15 million dollar contract and is playing like crap because he's secure. Trevor Ariza, on the other hand, is playing for a long term contract and plays every game like it matters. It was nice to see Gasol, LO, Fish, Sasha at the 2 and Kobe at the 3 at the end of the game last night. That was our most successful lineup last year and why it was the first time we've seen it this year is beyond me. I felt much more at ease with Luke in the starting lineup, too. Those who know me from another forum know that I'm not a big fan of Vlad Radmanovic, who I will refer to only as "Buzz Kill" from here on out.

Sasha is playing like crap because he hasn't been able to gain a rhythm so far this year, and his minutes have dropped now that Kobe is mostly playing minutes at the 2. Last night was hopefully the beginning of his comeback. His shot was finally falling and seemed to be energized by it.

#38 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted December 11, 2008 - 06:32 PM

Perhaps, Daco, but don't underestimate what a nice long term deal does to make a human being relax a bit. I'm concerned about that with young Andrew, too. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of The Machine, but he is human. As for this year's Bench Mob versus last year, I disagree with you about last year. The Lakers' bench was one of the best and deepest in the NBA statistically and otherwise, but their youth and playoff inexperience finally caught up with them against the Celtics in the Finals. Turiaf's minutes dwindled as the playoffs wore on because of that and other than the 21 point outburst by Sasha in Game 3, the bench was ineffective, unlike the rest of the season and most of the playoffs. Sasha is very comfortable when Kobe is on the floor with him because he gets more wide open looks and look to see Philip put that lineup out there more often.

#39 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 11, 2008 - 06:43 PM

I'm not. It's well known that players will tone it down after signing a contract. But Sasha's never struck me as that kind of player. From what I've heard, he's spent a lot of the off-season working out trying to get bigger to be more effective on defense, as opposed to, say, Luke Walton who spent his summer opening and running a restaurant after signing his contract. And he does look a bit bulkier, which also can explain why his shot wasn't falling the first month of the season. Not only did he have no training camp and preseason, and recover from an injury, but he also had to adjust to being stronger. I say it's too early to tell at this point, that being the reason why I said I HOPE he's going back to his old ways of knocking down shots and being aggressive on the floor.

#40 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted December 11, 2008 - 07:01 PM

He will. I think the whole bench is getting accustomed to the new (but all logical) rotations this year. Expect to see some ups and downs, but they will peak come playoff time. I have a theory that Philip isn't coaching them much right now and is seeing how they figure out how to win games on their own .. for the time being. he saw what they can do on defense in the first few weeks and he'll get them back to that focus in March or so. It's a very long season and #1 seed throughout the playoffs is important, but good health is even more important.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users