#1 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,323 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:46 AM

Posted Image

David Brickley and Gregory Small will be your host throughout the 2008-2009 NBA season, updating you on everything that has to do with your Los Angeles Lakers. Bringing you up to date news, stats, exclusive interviews, relevant information and most importantly all this will be given to you from a Lakers perspective.

David and G come to you as they do every week to discuss the 17 and 2 start, why they feel Lamar can’t lead a line let alone an entire bench, discuss questions and comments from the listeners, talk Celtics, the matchup with the Kings, and reveal a NEW Lakers moment. Also we welcome back Andrew Rafner, for the first installment of the Shoutbox!

Playlist -
Ray J – Sexy Can I
Flo’z – Voice of the Nation Official Intro
50 Cent – She Wants It
Lit – My Own Worst Enemy
The Arcade Fire – Wake Up
MIMS – This Is Why I’m Hot

Other Audio -
Mission Impossible Theme
WWE: The Rock Sings To Sacramento

Subscribe: RSS | iTunes | Digg Us!

Download Link: Voice of the Nation - Episode #18

Please call our toll-free voicemail and leave us questions or comments and it might even make it to Voice of the Nation.

We're counting on you!

1-866-520-4037

Please be sure to leave your name (or TLN username) and location.

#2 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted December 09, 2008 - 05:06 PM

yeaah! good show. big welcome back to andrew, too.

#3 G-Small

G-Small

Lakers World Order

• 441 posts
  • Name:G-Small
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Nickey Maxwell VanExel III

Posted December 10, 2008 - 09:17 AM

yeaah! good show. big welcome back to andrew, too.

Thanks, we appreciate it :rock:

#4 Law Ray

Law Ray

Rookie

• 42 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:13 PM

Thanks, we appreciate it :rock:

Your performance on the 570 airwaves makes Vic look like a genius.

#5 G-Small

G-Small

Lakers World Order

• 441 posts

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:24 PM

Your performance on the 570 airwaves makes Vic look like a genius.

Thanks for listening. You'll die knowing the sound of my voice and I'll never know yours :rock:

#6 Law Ray

Law Ray

Rookie

• 42 posts

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for listening. You'll die knowing the sound of my voice and I'll never know yours :rock:

Keep that in mind young buck. Just know that you don't belong on the airwaves.

#7 G-Small

G-Small

Lakers World Order

• 441 posts

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:36 PM

Keep that in mind young buck. Just know that you don't belong on the airwaves.

I can think of 5,000 reasons why you're wrong :clap:

#8 Law Ray

Law Ray

Rookie

• 42 posts

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:50 PM

I can think of 5,000 reasons why you're wrong :clap:

You can think of 5,000.00 reason why am wrong? Funny weren’t you one of those unemployed loser who was desperately seeking for recognition? Please your nor better than those fools on jackass that make themselves look stupid for a little $$.

#9 G-Small

G-Small

Lakers World Order

• 441 posts

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:54 PM

You can think of 5,000.00 reason why am wrong? Funny weren’t you one of those unemployed loser who was desperately seeking for recognition? Please your nor better than those fools on jackass that make themselves look stupid for a little $$.

What? Can't a brotha make a video in a bikini washing a car?

I thought this was America people :rock:

#10 L.G.Fuad411

L.G.Fuad411

Rookie

• 33 posts

Posted December 10, 2008 - 04:53 PM

the record is in SERIOUS doubt because of Sacramento....

Gsmalls is officially my idol. I love the metaphors....and Lamar "Odumb". me and buds always say that...

I don't admire Dbricks dissing on sizzler or any buffets. Hometown Buffet in Long Beach and Temecula are pretty good....nice Vlade impression though..lol

I hate Ray Allen as well. On the topic of hating the Celtics, did you guys see the youtube video of Matt Damon dissing on the Lakers in L.A. when he got an award? I seriously hate that guy. do you guys feel the same way?

here's the link: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=R4UE2VLA4Gw

Based upon the definition of "rivalry" the Spurs vs Lakers should be the biggest. Just cause each team has beaten each other through the years all the way back as '99. But as for hatred, i still hate the Pistons more than anybody. The super Lakers were suppose to win it all. After L.A. beat Minnesota I came to school and shouted, "Lakers Champs" all over school. A week later I looked like an idiot. That series still hurt me the most in my life.

thanks for responding to my questions for every new podcast.=)

-Luke G.

Canyon Lake, CA. (South Riverside I suppose...)
'08-'09: 75-7

#11 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted December 15, 2008 - 11:39 PM

the record is in SERIOUS doubt because of Sacramento....

Celtics are playing the best ball in the NBA. And they aren't even going to win 70 games. I will bet my life on that. Laker fans need to stop focusing on 73-9, and take it game by game. Right now Lakers are struggling on defense, scrambling and panicking in the 4th quarter cause they played lackadaisical in the first 3 quarters. When they can win games like they were in the beginning of the season THEN we can start talking about that historical record. BTW, Sizzlers buffet is awesome. I also found a site that uses the Pythagorean Theorem to predict what I did in the last pod cast, minus all the confusing numbers. http://www.coolstand...ngs.asp?sn=2008

Edited by Base, December 16, 2008 - 03:25 AM.

#12 L.G.Fuad411

L.G.Fuad411

Rookie

• 33 posts

Posted December 17, 2008 - 05:34 PM

Celtics are playing the best ball in the NBA. And they aren't even going to win 70 games. I will bet my life on that. Laker fans need to stop focusing on 73-9, and take it game by game. Right now Lakers are struggling on defense, scrambling and panicking in the 4th quarter cause they played lackadaisical in the first 3 quarters. When they can win games like they were in the beginning of the season THEN we can start talking about that historical record. BTW, Sizzlers buffet is awesome. I also found a site that uses the Pythagorean Theorem to predict what I did in the last pod cast, minus all the confusing numbers. http://www.coolstand...ngs.asp?sn=2008

boston won 66 last year. and they are ahead of last years pace right now. 70 isn't out of reach. you wouldn't bet your life on that.
'08-'09: 75-7

#13 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted December 24, 2008 - 04:40 AM

boston won 66 last year. and they are ahead of last years pace right now. 70 isn't out of reach. you wouldn't bet your life on that.

Okay, Okay. I won't bet my life. I KNOW as a fact, Boston ain't winning 76 like BSPN says. They might approach 73 wins, BUT (nothing more than 72), Celtics have 30 Road games left, including the Christmas game. 17 of the 30 road games is vs. over .500 teams. Just as a comparison, Rockets went on a 22 game win streak late in the season. By the time they started the run, Rockets had already lost 20 games. This shows that it's hard to win with that kind of proficiency even with an epic win streak. The Celtics only look GREAT because of how many home games they played, and how weak their road schedule was. Just imagine if PP didn't hit that fallaway jumper with 0.5 seconds left to give Boston a 103-102 victory over Atlanta Hawks. I can see the Celtics even losing 2 more games (in December) on this road trip that they will be starting in LA. Lakers can definitely contend with them, no question. Portland, they are underrated IMHO, they had a tougher schedule than both Boston and Lakers, 17 Road games, and only 12 home games. Portland at home 10-2. The losses, 1 point loss to the Magic, and a brain fart vs. the Clippers. I was amazed that they lost that game. Last claim: The 1971-1972 Lakers won 33 games in a row (started 39-3 after 42 games), but didn't win 70 overall (Final record was 69-13). 70 is hard to do no matter what run you have during the season. I still say Celtics, Lakers, Cavs and any team in the NBA will win less than 70 games this season. (Although I won't be complaining if Lakers win 70 or more). EDIT: Look at that, after a 19 game winning streak, Celtics lost 2 in a row!

Edited by Base, December 27, 2008 - 10:14 AM.

#14 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted December 31, 2008 - 01:01 PM

so, this is over, or what?

#15 G-Small

G-Small

Lakers World Order

• 441 posts

Posted December 31, 2008 - 02:35 PM

so, this is over, or what?

Of course not.

D-Bricks finished up a tough semester at school and is out of town.

I myself had to get the geeks and their squad at Best Buy to fix my :censored: laptop!

But we'll be back, next week hopefully when David get's back from out of town.

Thanks for checking in!

#16 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted February 13, 2009 - 02:40 AM

Still think 70 is in reach for any team out there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users