What should Be Our Starting Lineup

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted August 05, 2008 - 01:47 PM

Actually, he played the four during his best years at Memphis. In 04-05 he averaged 18 and 7 at the four (Lorenzo Wright started most games at center). The next season it was 20-9 again with Wright playing more the traditional center role.

All he can do is hit a 15-foot jumper? He has shown us a lot more game than that, he puts it on the floor very well for a big his size and because because you have to respect his jumper his passing is very good. I think that could be the best part of a Bynum-Gasol-Odom from line — Odom and Gasol are going to get Bynum some good looks inside with their passing.

Exactly.

Can you imagine how a defense is going to handle with 3 big players on the floor? I mean, I'm all for trading Odom, but if we keep him, can you imagine how much havoc those 3 would cause? Especially for teams that aren't very talented when it comes to big men. They are all great passers for their size, their passing and movement will create a bunch of easy points.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#42 DeeZee

DeeZee

Sixth Man

• 4,090 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, wilt,kareem

Posted August 05, 2008 - 03:11 PM

fisher
kobe
LO
pau
bynum

#43 davriver209

davriver209

Rookie

• 37 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted August 05, 2008 - 03:42 PM

I still think LO at SF will work. Teams are going to have to help off Bynum and Or Gasol at some time, Odom dosen't have to take the three, he can cut in and get the pass from either one. Get fouled or a layup.

#44 sega

sega

Rookie

• 242 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Tyronn Lue

Posted August 05, 2008 - 09:36 PM

I like having the Big 3 (Odom Pau and Bynum) cause we can crash boards all night

Kobe takes a terrible shot? O well, its a put back layup 40-70% of the time :rock:

#45 Guoballs

Guoballs

Rookie

• 32 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe won kenobi

Posted August 05, 2008 - 11:01 PM

The depth chart in my opinion will look something like this

starting line up

PG- Derek Fisher / Jordan Farmar

SG- Kobe Bryant / Sasha Vujacic

SF- Trevor Ariza / Lamar Odom / Luke Walton

PF- Pau Gasol / Vladamir Radmanovic

C- Andrew Bynum / Chris Mihm

I think the second unit / mench mob what ever u wanna call it will look like this

pg - Jordan Farmar

sg- Sasha Vujacic

sf- Kobe Bryant

pf- Lamar Odom

c- Pau Gasol

#46 Guest_titejt_*

Guest_titejt_*

Posted August 12, 2008 - 02:16 PM

Our starting line-up:

PG- Derek Fisher
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Lamar Odom
PF- Pau Gasol
C- Andrew Bynum

Bench Mob:

PG- Jordan Farmar
SG- Sasha Vujacic
SF- Luke Walton
PF- Vladimir Radmonovic
C- Chris Mihm

Lamar is a really a small forward, and Pau's really a power foward, so we can start them both. If or when our centers get injured (if recent history is any indication), we can move Kobe to the 3, Lamar to the 4, and Pau to center. Or, if Chris is healthy and playing well, we can move him into the starting line-up.

#47 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,305 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 12, 2008 - 10:01 PM

C - Bynum
PF - Gasol
SF - Odom
SG - Yue
PG - Fisher

http://lakernation.c...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.gif

Spoiler

#48 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 13, 2008 - 01:02 AM

C - Bynum
PF - Gasol
SF - Odom
SG - Yue
PG - Fisher

http://lakernation.c...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.gif

Spoiler

Kobe and his league of Superman(s) will come after you, kryptonite get ready...:lol:

His league: Shaq and Dwight...:lol:

#49 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Farmar & Derek Fisher

Posted August 14, 2008 - 06:07 PM

Exactly.

Can you imagine how a defense is going to handle with 3 big players on the floor? I mean, I'm all for trading Odom, but if we keep him, can you imagine how much havoc those 3 would cause? Especially for teams that aren't very talented when it comes to big men. They are all great passers for their size, their passing and movement will create a bunch of easy points.

Can you imagine how the Lakers defense is going to handle guarding other teams? Pau's gonna guard Jamison? Marion? Boozer? Aldridge? Dirk? David West? That's a few of many there's no way he could guard. Sorry, but mismatches work both ways.

#50 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Farmar & Derek Fisher

Posted August 14, 2008 - 06:16 PM

Actually, he played the four during his best years at Memphis. In 04-05 he averaged 18 and 7 at the four (Lorenzo Wright started most games at center). The next season it was 20-9 again with Wright playing more the traditional center role.

All he can do is hit a 15-foot jumper? He has shown us a lot more game than that, he puts it on the floor very well for a big his size and because because you have to respect his jumper his passing is very good. I think that could be the best part of a Bynum-Gasol-Odom from line ��" Odom and Gasol are going to get Bynum some good looks inside with their passing.

Yea, Lorenzen Wright. Just because he isn't technically the "5" doesn't mean he doesn't play center. Sorry, but Wright isn't exactly a good player. How many people have even heard of him (you didn't even get his name right)? In 04-05 he averaged 10 ppg, and 6 in 05 06. That means that Pau was playing in the post. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Memphis made the playoffs for at least one of those seasons, if not both. You don't get to the playoffs if you don't have a good post player. Pau was playing the post, Lorenzen was technically the 5 but didn't play that, especially not on offense.

He puts the ball on the floor about as good as Kwame. Sorry, but I don't know what you were watching. He passing has been good and was good last season, but when you have another player in the key, it won't be. It will be all clogged up and passes going for post guy to post guy will be few and far between.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users