Posted August 03, 2008 - 12:19 PM

im sure it will be

DFISH
KOBE
LO
PAU
DREW

but any of you disagree, who would you start

"The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure.
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences,
and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon,
for each day to have a new and different sun."

#2 sega

sega

Rookie

• 242 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Tyronn Lue

Posted August 03, 2008 - 12:40 PM

That's my starting lineup^

but i would wanna try Odom at point just to see how it goes
Odom
Sasha
Kobe
Pau
Bynum

or

Odom
Kobe
Ariza
Pau
Bynum

DFish leads the bench and controls the game and makes sure we dont blow leads

Edited by sega, August 03, 2008 - 12:41 PM.

#3 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts
  • Name:Alex.
  • Fan Since:Strawberry Fields Forever
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted August 03, 2008 - 01:24 PM

anyone think farmar could start next year?

#4 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 9,691 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted August 03, 2008 - 01:43 PM

no he leads the bench mob

#5 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted August 03, 2008 - 01:44 PM

Odom can't play the point... he can't guard PG's.

PG. Fisher
SG. Kobe
SF. Odom
PF. Gasol
C. Bynum

#6 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,390 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 03, 2008 - 01:59 PM

no he leads the bench mob

After Vujacic, don't you think?
Posted Image

#7 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts

Posted August 03, 2008 - 02:04 PM

so who's going to take the place of cheerleader of the bench mob with turiaf gone

#8 LOdieschick07

LOdieschick07

Queen Laker Girl

• 4,102 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Lamar Odom

Posted August 03, 2008 - 02:07 PM

Odom
Kobe
Ariza
Pau
Bynum
Posted Image

#9 sega

sega

Rookie

• 242 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Tyronn Lue

Posted August 03, 2008 - 03:25 PM

-Odom can guard Ronda, i mean Rondo, cause all he has to do is sit on his 3, and if he drives he has to go through him AND help defense of Bynum, Kobe, Pau, or Ariza
-Kobe can hold Ray Allen
-Ariza can guard Pierce
-Pau on KG, (Odom will help out, since hes guarding Ronda, Bynum will also help)
-Bynum on Perkins

#10 Guest_Nyla_*

Guest_Nyla_*

Posted August 03, 2008 - 07:29 PM

Not yet at least. Farmar will be our starting point guard, but he needs to play defense consistently and become more of a leader first. He gets pretty sloppy at times, too.

#11 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts

Posted August 03, 2008 - 07:31 PM

I think our lineup is pretty much set right now.

:mellow:
:rock:
:omg:
:gasol:
:omg:

#12 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,725 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted August 03, 2008 - 07:35 PM

Just because Odom could wander away from Rondo doesn't mean he should start at PG. We play Boston twice.

Out of the conference teams we'll be fighting against, every point guard would blow Odom out of the water: Parker, Nash, Ellis, Iverson, Paul, and Williams.

C - Bynum
PF - Gasol
SF - Odom
SG - Kobe
PG - Fisher

I don't think there's any other lineup that's even close to effective as this one.

#13 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts

Posted August 03, 2008 - 07:36 PM

^^^
I agree

#14 We Believe

We Believe

Sixth Man

• 2,805 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Fish.

Posted August 03, 2008 - 07:50 PM

I would also consider a lineup like this

C - Andrew Bynum
PF - Pau Gasol
SF - Kobe Bryant
SG - Sasha Vujacic
PG - D Fish

With this lineup with have defense at ever position. This way Farmar/Odom/Ariza can come off the bench and give a huge spark. we have seen Sasha shoot and score, but that is not a major concern for this team. With him in the starting lineup he would be able to stop the opposing SG from scoring as much. He is a great defender and he could possible start for us. Also Kobe as a Small Forward has been very effective for us over the seasons. That is probaly his best position. He could also guard any 3 in the league. I see this lineup because watching Kobe's D in the pre games for the Olympics would give us a great lineup.

2010 NBA CHAMPIONS = LOS ANGELES LAKERS

#15 Icker

Icker

Superstar

• 7,962 posts

Posted August 03, 2008 - 07:53 PM

Dj Mbenga
Ira Newble
Luke Walton
Colby Carl
Tierre Brown

#16 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted August 03, 2008 - 07:54 PM

C - Andrew Bynum
PF - Pau Gasol
SF - Kobe Bryant
SG - Sasha Vujacic
PG - D Fish

With this lineup with have defense at ever position. This way Farmar/Odom/Ariza can come off the bench and give a huge spark. we have seen Sasha shoot and score, but that is not a major concern for this team. With him in the starting lineup he would be able to stop the opposing SG from scoring as much. He is a great defender and he could possible start for us. Also Kobe as a Small Forward has been very effective for us over the seasons. That is probaly his best position. He could also guard any 3 in the league. I see this lineup because watching Kobe's D in the pre games for the Olympics would give us a great lineup.

No, you don't bring a $14M player off the bench and Sasha is also a bench player, not a starter. You can't bring Odom off the bench because he's going to back up Gasol at the 4 and we also have other SF's that need playing time.

Kobe is also not a SF... he can't play SF for the whole season.

#17 Icker

Icker

Superstar

• 7,962 posts

Posted August 03, 2008 - 07:57 PM

No, you don't bring a $14M player off the bench and Sasha is also a bench player, not a starter. You can't bring Odom off the bench because he's going to back up Gasol at the 4 and we also have other SF's that need playing time.

Kobe is also not a SF... he can't play SF for the whole season.

:mellow: :omg: :omg:

BRING IN SUNYUE, CHINESE MAJIC :rock:

#18 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Farmar & Derek Fisher

Posted August 03, 2008 - 08:26 PM

I think the starters will be Fish/Kobe/Odom/Bynum/Pau. I think it SHOULD be Fish/Kobe/Luke/Odom/Pau. Now, I say Luke because I expect him to be healthy and back to his old self. I don't think they should play 2 centers at once and have no effective big guys off the bench. Not only that, but Bynum plays great with the bench guys, especially Farmar. Him and Farmar have some sort of chemistry going where they know the others next move. They are great at Farmar driving and tossing up an alley-oop for Bynum. Then I think they need to rotate the 3 big guys at the 2 positions, playing each about 16 minutes per half in 8 minute rotations. So something like start Pau/Odom, at 4 minute mark take out Odom and put in Bynum, then at the 8 minute mark of the 2nd quarter put in Odom for Pau.

Now I'll break it down by position:
PG - I definately believe Farmar could start, and should Fisher get hurt or need to leave for family reasons, I won't be scared that Fish isn't there to start and there's some huge hole at PG. I think Farmar will be the starting PG not in the next 2 years but after that, when Fish's contract is up and he will probably retire. He might not be as productive as he gets older, but he does so many things that don't show up on the stat sheet, some of which his age will not affect. He is such a leader out there, and nothing is going to change that. So while I believe Farmar could start, Fish should. Plus Farmar leads the bench mob which will be key in the team getting to the finals again.

SG - Ok, so this one is pretty obvious. So here I'll say why Kobe should start at SG instead of Sasha at SG and Kobe at SF. First, Sasha is key to the bench, and starting him will only hurt the bench. Second, Sasha will not be as good this year. Teams will have game plans for him, they will make sure he is covered. And because he is such a one dimensional player, it won't be that hard to limit what he does.

SF - This one is a toss up that I think should be decided in training camp. Either Luke or Vlad (not Ariza). Vlad can really benefit from being the 5th best player on the floor, because he can get open shots. But I think Luke's passing and basketball IQ give him the job. Plus he'll have the ability to hit the open shot, and as long he's healthy, I think he should definately be the starter.

PF - Odom, not Bynum (or Pau). I really don't like the look of having 2 centers out there. Both will be working in the paint so it will be hard to get a decent look inside. If you limit one of them to the high post, they won't be nearly as effective. Plus it kills the bench to not have a decent big man.

C - Pau should get this. Based on what I said above, it would either be Bynum and Pau off the bench or Pau with Bynum off the bench. Bynum is still a member of the bench mob imo, and was only a fill-in starter last year for an injured Kwame. He has great chemistry off the bench, while Pau has great chemistry with the starters. Plus it's easier for a younger Bynum to come off the bench after warming up and then sitting before going in.

Edited by BringDFishBack, August 03, 2008 - 08:28 PM.

#19 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Farmar & Derek Fisher

Posted August 03, 2008 - 08:31 PM

C - Andrew Bynum
PF - Pau Gasol
SF - Kobe Bryant
SG - Sasha Vujacic
PG - D Fish

So you want them to create a further logjam at SF and have 4 quality players who all need playing time? Sasha is not a starter, and if he was he would suck. Coming off the bench teams don't focus on him, they focus on other guys. As a starter he would be a major factor in teams gameplans and they would know to just never leave him and he won't do anything. And as much as everyone makes of his defense, he is a terrible defender. All he does is get in peoples faces as they dribble, but when his man doesn't have the ball he never stays with him, he is bad at closing out, and is terrible at getting through screens. And Kobe's D for the Lakers will never be what it is for Team USA because that's all he focuses on there. With the Lakers, he has to focus on scoring.

#20 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 03, 2008 - 08:35 PM

Most of the replies will really be our dream fantasy lineup last season after bynum went out and pau came in. But I still can't help thinking about that SF...=/

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users