Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:34 PM

Damn... :(

#164 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:36 PM

I miss Ariza's jumpshots in the beginning, today it seems like he lost em.

he is 2 for his last 21 on 3s

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#165 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:38 PM

this is the first really disappointed post-game night i've had this season. the detroit loss didn't shock me, and the pacers loss was so out of left field, it was like a gimmick.

there's no excuse for tonight.

... i guess it reminds you what it's like to be a fan.

#166 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,333 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:45 PM

naw sasha has not gotten close to the amount of good looks he got last year.

seeing the game I think we need to stop running so much. slow down the tempo.

i feel like the coaching staff is dumb or something

we have two elite post players yet we run up and down the court tiring them out and hurting our defense because the bigs can't keep up

why were the spurs able to run 2 bigs because they slow the game down pound you down low even if they miss the shot it was a good look and slowed tempo

make up your mind phil you want up tempo pull bynum insert lamar run up and down the court for all you please

if you want to pound the ball inside which wins championships and allow our defense to get back and set up then keep bynum in and run everything of of bynum and gasol

not difficult to figure out
Posted Image

#167 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:59 PM

Yeah sad loss but it ain't the end of the world

We gotta regain OUR SWAGGA BACK!!!

Wake up LAKERS!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#168 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2008 - 11:25 PM

What happened?

Anyway, I donĀ“t know why but I was sure they were going to upset us anytime this season.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#169 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,403 posts

Posted December 10, 2008 - 08:33 AM

we have two elite post players yet we run up and down the court tiring them out and hurting our defense because the bigs can't keep up

why were the spurs able to run 2 bigs because they slow the game down pound you down low even if they miss the shot it was a good look and slowed tempo

make up your mind phil you want up tempo pull bynum insert lamar run up and down the court for all you please

if you want to pound the ball inside which wins championships and allow our defense to get back and set up then keep bynum in and run everything of of bynum and gasol

I'm trying to figure out the same thing.

#170 Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles

Bile

• 280 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Byron Scott

Posted December 10, 2008 - 10:00 AM

I also have to question our coaching staff on their ability to get the most out of a defense. We have a first team all NBA wing player, a center who blocks shots at will and alters sooooo many others, a guy who has to lead the league in steals per 48 minutes (Ariza) and some other solid players, yet we can't keep a team under 100 points?

Phil Jackson is a good coach, but he is NOT earning his salary. He has more talent than any coach in the league. Heck, this might be the most talented team top to bottom that the NBA has seen in 10 years, and I don't think I'm exaggerating. Its not like this team has a bunch of talented, heartless players. We only have Odom in that category. Our players are high IQ players...Kobe, Bynum, Gasol, Fisher, Vlad...Ok not Vlad, I just about cried laughing when he double dribbled last night as if no one was going to notice he picked up his dribble. :lol: So there has to be something wrong with what the coaching staff is trying to teach us.

#171 Juan

Juan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 10, 2008 - 10:07 AM

Queens made them look soft again....wtf?>

#172 Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Throbbing

• Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:magic, elden, fox

Posted December 10, 2008 - 10:27 AM

I take it by your posts that last night wasnt a bad dream?
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber. -Dude, The Big Lebowski

#173 Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Throbbing

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted December 10, 2008 - 10:31 AM

I also have to question our coaching staff on their ability to get the most out of a defense. We have a first team all NBA wing player, a center who blocks shots at will and alters sooooo many others, a guy who has to lead the league in steals per 48 minutes (Ariza) and some other solid players, yet we can't keep a team under 100 points?

Phil Jackson is a good coach, but he is NOT earning his salary. He has more talent than any coach in the league. Heck, this might be the most talented team top to bottom that the NBA has seen in 10 years, and I don't think I'm exaggerating. Its not like this team has a bunch of talented, heartless players. We only have Odom in that category. Our players are high IQ players...Kobe, Bynum, Gasol, Fisher, Vlad...Ok not Vlad, I just about cried laughing when he double dribbled last night as if no one was going to notice he picked up his dribble. :lol: So there has to be something wrong with what the coaching staff is trying to teach us.

I totally agree. He was what the team needed when their greatest need was ego management. He might work some place better like Boston. PJ is no longer relevant for the Lakers. Thats why I cant wait for Byron Scott to come home where he belongs.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber. -Dude, The Big Lebowski

#174 Law Ray

Law Ray

Rookie

• 42 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 10, 2008 - 12:48 PM

The Lakers will get there revenge come Friday inside Staples Center. This type of crap happens when the Lakers lose interest competing with these mediocre teams.

Edited by Law Ray, December 10, 2008 - 12:48 PM.

#175 Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Throbbing

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted December 10, 2008 - 12:55 PM

The Lakers will get there revenge come Friday inside Staples Center. This type of crap happens when the Lakers lose interest competing with these mediocre teams.

Why is it that LA teams always get bored with their competition? (Lakers early 00's, USC last 3 years, etc.)

#176 Law Ray

Law Ray

Rookie

• 42 posts
  • Fan Since:80's

Posted December 10, 2008 - 12:58 PM

Why is it that LA teams always get bored with their competition? (Lakers early 00's, USC last 3 years, etc.)

If we knew Bob coach Carroll & Jackson would be out of a job.

#177 Steven in SFV

Steven in SFV

Rookie

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Fan Since:mid 80's

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:06 PM

For the same reason why LA Fans lose interest in LA teams when they aren't doing well. (USC 90's, Lakers b4 Shaq, Raiders just b4 they moved) must be an LA thing!

#178 Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Throbbing

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted December 10, 2008 - 01:46 PM

For the same reason why LA Fans lose interest in LA teams when they aren't doing well. (USC 90's, Lakers b4 Shaq, Raiders just b4 they moved) must be an LA thing!

I can understand the fans losing interest. There are too many other pricey options to be entertained. But professional, and semi pro teams? C'mon. The Lebrons and those Celtic pu$$ies dont have a problem staying focused.

#179 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 10, 2008 - 05:21 PM

i knew this forum would be outta control...
I get happy after coming here
The most talented team?...yea right...when fans quit over rating players like Pau(whos better in this system than any other system in the entire league I am sure), Ariza(who havent proved anything), jordan(still a kid),
Bynum(who's foul trouble hurt our Lakers, and who is still a kid), and everyone else. We dont have the most talent in the west even. Houston probably holds that claim. Suns are close.
Anyway I'm not indicting our team, or excusing them, I'm just saying, most people's expectations are far fetched. Are we gonna sweep every team under .500;NO. We will also lose some games to good teams. Be happy with a 60 win team, its what you have and we have a good shot at the title, only about 5 teams even pose a threat
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users