161 replies to this topic

#121 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:35 PM

They sucked today, but they are still the best offensively... Defensively, well... Houston, we have a problem...

Boston is basically the opposite... Their D is insane, but offensively they are inconsistent...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#122 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:37 PM

They sucked today, but they are still the best offensively... Defensively, well... Houston, we have a problem...

Boston is basically the opposite... Their D is insane, but offensively they are inconsistent...

Defense wins champions, therefore Celtics win.

#123 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:38 PM

that parade mirage is fading away quick hopefully they can make that mirage a reality or it will look like another pre-mature media crowning gone horribly wrong

2008 cowboys
2002-04 colts
2007 patriots
2004 eagles dammit
2006 mavericks
2003 and 2004 lakers
in between year spurs
yankees almost every year since 1998

could the 2008 lakers be added to that list its looking that way so far

media darlings gone horribly wrong i wonder
Posted Image

#124 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:40 PM

championships aren't won or lost in december but bad habits are definately formed in december
Posted Image

#125 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:41 PM

championships aren't won or lost in december but bad habits are definately formed in december

I REALLY hope this bad habit changes.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#126 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:43 PM

This whole laughing ordeal just seems more like a pathetic thing to pin on the team when what really matters is whats happening on the court. The on court players should be focused on the game, not what their teammates are doing on the bench. If we lose a lead it's because of the bench? Say that out loud sober.

People just need to relax. Don't say the team isn't good enough to beat Boston in the Finals or no ish like that when we're still in December. The Finals don't start next week.

Everybody is jumping off the ship now but if we blow Phx out tomorrow they'll be swimming back.

Thats what happens every single year. We play well, then go through a stretch where we slip up a bit and everybody starts panicking about who needs to be traded, drastic changes Phil needs to make and blazay blazay. Then we go on a 5 game winning streak and no one even remembers what happened 2 weeks ago.

Stop bringing up the record. We don't have to beat Chicago's record, we can just be the first seed again. If everyone wasn't so concerned about beating the record they wouldn't be acting frantic after our third loss in the season. Every team in the league is gonna have a dry spell at some point, luckily ours is early and we have all year to fix whats wrong.

Wipe the tears and focus on what we need to improve on COURT WISE.

If fans can effect the momentum of the game, so can people on the bench. Even more so since they know what will get their teammates going.

Games reflect how you will play leading up to the playoffs, Lakers are digressing a sign to panic.

Yeah Playoffs arn't next week but bad habits need to be broken in December not beginning to show up

#127 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:46 PM

Okay, this has gone too far. Thinking that laughing on the bench is an actual problem is completely stupid. It's the dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum, period.

#128 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:48 PM

The negativity is all frustration. Thats all. Everyone has really high expectations for this team. So to see them play like crap and waste the talent they have, its very disheartening. This team needs to go full throttle every single game. Yes there will be games where it will be a off night. But this team over the last week or two is having a lot of off nights and that should not be happening.

#129 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:48 PM

Okay, this has gone too far. Thinking that laughing on the bench is an actual problem is completely stupid. It's the dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum, period.

well it was becoming a thread about the lakers flaws on the court but people keep bring up the laughing as if its actually a legitimate point when we are playing bad because we can't play defense or put teams away
Posted Image

#130 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:49 PM

We aren't saying it's the problem, we are saying it effects the players on court. It's more of a distraction more than a momentum booster.

#131 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:50 PM

If fans can effect the momentum of the game, so can people on the bench. Even more so since they know what will get their teammates going.

Games reflect how you will play leading up to the playoffs, Lakers are digressing a sign to panic.

Yeah Playoffs arn't next week but bad habits need to be broken in December not beginning to show up

The players shouldn't be relying on their bench to play with energy. I don't see any difference in the behavior of our bench now compared to the beginning of the season when we were blowing everybody out.

So our play taking a few steps back doesn't have anything to do with the bench.

Try defense, lack of unity on offense, slipping bench play, Kobe and Sasha struggling with their shots, Fisher taking special ed shots, us not feeding Pau enough, etc.
Basketball Reasons...

#132 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:51 PM

The negativity is all frustration. Thats all. Everyone has really high expectations for this team. So to see them play like crap and waste the talent they have, its very disheartening. This team needs to go full throttle every single game. Yes there will be games where it will be a off night. But this team over the last week or two is having a lot of off nights and that should not be happening.

we are 3-2 in our last 5 games

now if we played

boston
cleveland
orlando
san antonio
utah

i would say understandable

but when you say

pacers
76ers
wizards
bucks
kings

thats a slight issue

not saying we should have gone 5-0 but if your trying to get HCA which allegedly is our goal then going 3-2 in that stretch is beyond unacceptable
Posted Image

#133 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:51 PM

The negativity is all frustration.

Exactly. People just don't know how to deal with losing without crying about little things.

Edited by Heir, December 09, 2008 - 10:52 PM.

Basketball Reasons...

#134 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:55 PM

Defense wins champions, therefore Celtics win.

We cannot emulate Boston, we will just fail if we do... like L4L said from another forum:

Not necessarily true.

Bulls beat the Pistons with superior offense.
Shaq helped us beat teams with superior offense.
Showtime beat everyone they beat with superior offense.

When you have an amazing defense coupled with an alright offense versus an amazing offense couple with little to no defense it shouldn't be a surprise as to who wins.

if we try to beat Boston by emulating their style, we are SURE to lose because you simply can't be as good as the real thing. The Lakers don't need to change anything. They just need to get better at what they do. There is still room for improvement on the offensive side of the ball (though it has picked up since the start of the season) and the defensive scheme still needs to be mastered.

Changing the identity of the team would only be a set back. The entire squad would have to formulate a new attitude and a new sense of chemistry for that to work. That takes too much time.

If this team is going to win, it is going to be as mostly a finesse squad that uses its intelligence, length, and quickness to play efficient defensively (though not necessarily lock-down when compared to the Spurs, Celtics, etc.), and, with greater emphasis, if this team is going to win, it is going to be as an offensive juggernaut.

There is more than one way to construct an NBA championship team. Our way is harder, but it can still work.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#135 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:56 PM

^That's real knowledge right there about the GAME. Not nitpicking.

Edited by Heir, December 09, 2008 - 10:57 PM.

Basketball Reasons...

#136 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:57 PM

We cannot emulate Boston, we will just fail if we do... like L4L said from another forum:

I didn't say emulate Boston. Lakers arn't playing ANY defense now. If we play the defense we can they will win with their offense.

#137 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 10:59 PM

we are 3-2 in our last 5 games

now if we played

boston
cleveland
orlando
san antonio
utah

i would say understandable

but when you say

pacers
76ers
wizards
bucks
kings

thats a slight issue

not saying we should have gone 5-0 but if your trying to get HCA which allegedly is our goal then going 3-2 in that stretch is beyond unacceptable

I totally agree. But I dont care who we play. I dont care if we got in a time machine and our Lakers got to go up against Michael Jordan's Bulls. I would still expect them to play up to their ability. Right now, we are playing to the ability of the 04-06 Lakers.

#138 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 11:02 PM

Well, they say Boston this and Boston that... So I figured that way...
Karl Marx

#139 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted December 09, 2008 - 11:03 PM

It is a bit silly, but there is a point.

Look at KG's intensity when he is on the floor. I don't see that from ANY of our players.

KG plays intensely on both sides. He treats it like a war. KG is playing MUCH better than Bryant.

I don't care if you pull out a stat sheet. KG's playing ALL-NBA defense. He sets the tone for that team. He may not score 30 ppg, but he doesn't have to. It's his defense that makes him great. I find it even more laughable that some people would pick Pau over him as well.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#140 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 11:06 PM

yeah L4L is definately a smart guy when it comes to basketball

arguing with him is impossible

he can make a completely false arguement right with all the facts he presents
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users