Laker Leaders not leading by example..

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#61 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,054 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 03:58 PM

Teams joke all the time on the bench; the Lakers are not immune to this. I've seen us do that for YEARS; I've seen other teams in the league do that for years. That's just nitpicking. They were respectful when they didn't take the final shot in an already decided game. Teams always joke around and are in a good mood when the game has been decided. Yea the D does need improvement, but the biggest place it needs improvement at is the PG position. There's a whole bunch of shoulda, coulda woulda's but the defense was better this game than it was the entire road trip. The only reason why the score doesn't reflect that is because we literally put in our third stringers.

#62 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 08, 2008 - 05:21 PM

its funny, what many people perceive as cupcake teams
philly-miller, iggy, brand, dalembert(not bad at all)
Wash-butler, jamison (daniels,stevenson:solid players) nick young(future star)
Indy-granger(noice)ford(very fast)murphy(solid)daniels(solid)
the basic point is this every team in this league(except the thunder) has the talent to beat the Lakers on any given night and more than 1 can beat us in a seven game series based on talent alone, but the Lakers have Kobe and Phil and the pride of that gold and purple, and those regal colors mean something to this group of individuals
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#63 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted December 08, 2008 - 05:46 PM

its funny, what many people perceive as cupcake teams
philly-miller, iggy, brand, dalembert(not bad at all)
Wash-butler, jamison (daniels,stevenson:solid players) nick young(future star)
Indy-granger(noice)ford(very fast)murphy(solid)daniels(solid)
the basic point is this every team in this league(except the thunder) has the talent to beat the Lakers on any given night and more than 1 can beat us in a seven game series based on talent alone, but the Lakers have Kobe and Phil and the pride of that gold and purple, and those regal colors mean something to this group of individuals

No wonder Philly is 9-12
No wonder washington is 3-15
No wonder Indiana is 7-13

You know that they aren't that good despite SOME players they have on the team, Lakers SHOULD be beating them. If they can beat the teams that are supposed to be TESTS by double digits, they should be beating these below .500 teams by the same margin and more.

Edited by Base, December 08, 2008 - 05:49 PM.

#64 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 06:21 PM

If you expect the Lakers to do everything YOU want perfectly, you're basically setting yourself up for disappointment.

The same people who expect the Lakers to be perfect are the same ones who work hard so that they can one day become a millionaires, then once they actually get the money they don't know how to appreciate it.

All I want the Lakers to do is win the Championship..I am sure you do too. Right now, with the focus they have with the lead, they won't win the championship this year, not unless they change their attitude late in the game (where they tend to lose focus).

It's better to AIM high anyway, people who underachieve or do things so that it's just okay, those are the people working multiple jobs struggling to pay rent every month. If you don't even try to improve and stick with the attitude of "it's okay", you stay the same while others around you get better.

1 Stable job >>>>> 3 Crappy Jobs

Edited by Base, December 08, 2008 - 06:40 PM.

#65 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 08, 2008 - 06:33 PM

we are not focused.. we have a big lead then we jump for joy in the 3rd quarter...Phil KB24 and Fish are veterans they need to install it in these guys heads that the game is not over they will let them know when its over stay focused at the task at hand. get the W close it out

Edited by m4mb4 24, December 08, 2008 - 06:33 PM.

Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#66 Mo Rings

Mo Rings

Fan since Hector was a pup!

• 543 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:All of 'em!

Posted December 08, 2008 - 07:25 PM

We are 17-2. That is focused, not peak, but focused. Almost to a man, the Laker's desire is to improve every game. It doesn't always happen, but you can't argue with the record. Well, I guess you can, as evidenced by these threads, but I have watched way too many seasons where teams peaked too early. In fact, I am not sure the Cavs and Celts can play much better than they are now. I doubt they can keep it up all year at that pace.

The secret is to win while gaining sharpness, crispness, etc.

#67 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 07:32 PM

We are 17-2. That is focused, not peak, but focused. Almost to a man, the Laker's desire is to improve every game. It doesn't always happen, but you can't argue with the record. Well, I guess you can, as evidenced by these threads, but I have watched way too many seasons where teams peaked too early. In fact, I am not sure the Cavs and Celts can play much better than they are now. I doubt they can keep it up all year at that pace.

Yo I am not arguing with the record, but I am sure if Lakers lost 3 or 4 of the games where they had these double digit leads, fans would have a different view they have now. All I have on the mind is Christmas Vs. the Celtics and the way they play late in the game scares me. But hey, they could be bored and CRUSH the Celtics, but it isn't likely. That's probaly why I am nitpicking in December...other than that I wouldn't be in this thread.

"The secret is to win while gaining sharpness, crispness, etc."
They lose their sharpness, crispness toward the end of the games. It happens naturally, but they shouldn't have a complete meltdown..like the Pacers game

Edited by Base, December 08, 2008 - 07:35 PM.

#68 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 08, 2008 - 07:39 PM

We're talking about laughter, man. We're talking about laughter. We're talking about laughter. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about laughter.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#69 azk81

azk81

Rookie

• 831 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 11:04 PM

you sure did go through alot of trouble writing a whole essay on why the lakers shouldnt laugh
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

-Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Gone, Never Forgotten.

#70 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Rookie

• 238 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem

Posted December 09, 2008 - 12:30 AM

Gee. I sure hope they don't take that Earvin Johnson guy as a role model, what with his constant smiling and laughing on and off the court.
Posted Image
Wow. Look at him disrespecting the game.

#71 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 12:37 AM

you know eagles fans give mcnabb all kinds of crap for smiling during the game

i know this because i am an eagles fan and used to belong to the eagles message board

everybody makes fun of eagles fans for being irrational yet this thread mirrors that irrational behavior

i mean are we really discussing the relevancy of the laker players smiling during blowouts

i guess they should all start yelling at each other, hating each other, stare at the players who are on the court with angry looks

i mean seriously what is the significance of this thread
Posted Image

#72 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 09, 2008 - 03:11 AM

Michael Jordan was laughing all the time too...

Posted Image

That idiot!
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#73 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Rookie

• 238 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem

Posted December 09, 2008 - 01:03 PM

Now here's a true leader. I don't think I've ever seen him smile
Posted Image

#74 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted December 09, 2008 - 01:04 PM

i never said kb24 wasn't a true leader just saying he needs to get these guys focused geez u guys...90% of u don't see the flaws all u see is the record and assume were fine..we are not mentally tough to play Boston or Detroit its my opinion you don't like it because its the truth.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#75 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 09, 2008 - 01:51 PM

We all see flaws. Laughing isn't one of them. We don't like it because it's stupid.

#76 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 01:52 PM

Some of us see flaws. Laughing isn't one of them. We don't like it because it's stupid.

Fixed to enhance the truth.

#77 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 09, 2008 - 01:57 PM

Fixed to enhance the truth.

I don't think anyone here can say this team is perfect. I'll change it a bit to reflect the truth.

All of us see flaws in the team. Some of us see flaws in Kobe Bryant.

#78 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 02:01 PM

I don't think anyone here can say this team is perfect. I'll change it a bit to reflect the truth.

All of us see flaws in the team. Some of us see flaws in Kobe Bryant.

LOL, clutch.

#79 Mo Rings

Mo Rings

Fan since Hector was a pup!

• 543 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:All of 'em!

Posted December 09, 2008 - 02:11 PM

"Perfection is unobtainable"....

There have been no perfect teams in the history of professional basketball.

H/T to Tin Cup

#80 Flash

Flash

Junior

• 283 posts

Posted December 09, 2008 - 02:27 PM

Now here's a true leader. I don't think I've ever seen him smile
Posted Image

Leader? That rip made everyone in his own team laugh, and you know, laughing is bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users