161 replies to this topic

#41 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted December 07, 2008 - 11:36 PM

You make it sound like we're 2-18...I can understand complaining about the defense or the rotation but about LAUGHING? Thats just plain stupid.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#42 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 07, 2008 - 11:37 PM

Fine, I propose to make it a technical foul then (2nd offense = 30 years in Siberia)... Someone e-mail Stern NOW...

I never thought that our biggest problem is players laughing...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#43 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 07, 2008 - 11:38 PM

Were not blowing out teams, were blowing leads to cupcake teams.

Pacers they beat us

Philly

Washington almost beat us

and today

Bucks would have made a game out of it if they were shooting better trust me. the game is 48 minutes long not 1 half or 1 quarter if a lead is 20 make it 30 don't mess around.

Edited by m4mb4 24, December 07, 2008 - 11:40 PM.

Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#44 Angela1986

Angela1986

Off The Bench

• 1,584 posts

Posted December 07, 2008 - 11:42 PM

You make it sound like we're 2-18...I can understand complaining about the defense or the rotation but about LAUGHING? Thats just plain stupid.

We're talking about laughter, man. We're talking about laughter. We're talking about laughter. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about laughter.

#45 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

• 3,797 posts

Posted December 07, 2008 - 11:42 PM

We're talking about laughter, man. We're talking about laughter. We're talking about laughter. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about laughter.

lmao
Posted Image

#46 Angela1986

Angela1986

Off The Bench

• 1,584 posts

Posted December 07, 2008 - 11:44 PM

lmao

:P

But I will admit that I am still nervous about parts of our defense. And as Rick Fox said, that Knicks game will be interesting because it'll really see if we can get the Knicks to play at our tempo since they are an uptempo team.

#47 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

• 3,797 posts

Posted December 07, 2008 - 11:46 PM

:P

But I will admit that I am still nervous about parts of our defense. And as Rick Fox said, that Knicks game will be interesting because it'll really see if we can get the Knicks to play at our tempo since they are an uptempo team.

what? Defense? what Defense? j/k we better beat the Knicks that's all i'm saying lol
Posted Image

#48 Angela1986

Angela1986

Off The Bench

• 1,584 posts

Posted December 07, 2008 - 11:48 PM

what? Defense? what Defense? j/k we better beat the Knicks that's all i'm saying lol

:lol:

I'd like to see us go on a nice little winning streak. We seem to get complacent around the sixth or seventh game of our winning streak, and I'd like to see that change. Now is when we should be building our defensive identity.

#49 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,128 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 12:30 AM

1. we are not the 72-10 bulls

those bulls played in a time in which the eastern conference was well at about the toronto raptor level except for them

now a days i can think of about 8 teams that would throw us fits now and in the playoffs

jazz
hornets
cavs
celtics
spurs
rockets
pistons
nuggets

bobcats...........j/k

the league for almost the entire 1990's consisted of really 2 teams with a real chance to win the title and that was the rockets and bulls(with MJ of course hell even without him)

now there are 4 teams with legitimate shots and about 8 who with injuries to other teams could sneak in there

2. things get fixed in the locker room and at practice. there is only so much you can do in a time-out

3. the celtics fight on the bench is that what you want. keep in mind that never happened last year for them. be happy our guys are all good friends with the exclusion of sun yue.............j/k

4. if they are laughing and joking it usually means the game is not close and in our favor. you would never see them laughing during a tight one. so i'll take more laughing as opposed to the stern faces of 2 years ago when we were struggling to get the 7th or 8th seed.

my basic opinion is let them laugh it is a game after all. laughing means winning which is good last time i checked.

i hope our guys are laughing it up in june and through the offseason
Posted Image

#50 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted December 08, 2008 - 12:40 AM

1. we are not the 72-10 bulls

those bulls played in a time in which the eastern conference was well at about the toronto raptor level except for them

now a days i can think of about 8 teams that would throw us fits now and in the playoffs

jazz
hornets
cavs
celtics
spurs
rockets
pistons
nuggets

bobcats...........j/k

the league for almost the entire 1990's consisted of really 2 teams with a real chance to win the title and that was the rockets and bulls(with MJ of course hell even without him)

now there are 4 teams with legitimate shots and about 8 who with injuries to other teams could sneak in there

2. things get fixed in the locker room and at practice. there is only so much you can do in a time-out

3. the celtics fight on the bench is that what you want. keep in mind that never happened last year for them. be happy our guys are all good friends with the exclusion of sun yue.............j/k

4. if they are laughing and joking it usually means the game is not close and in our favor. you would never see them laughing during a tight one. so i'll take more laughing as opposed to the stern faces of 2 years ago when we were struggling to get the 7th or 8th seed.

my basic opinion is let them laugh it is a game after all. laughing means winning which is good last time i checked.

i hope our guys are laughing it up in june and through the offseason

Still, that's when Lakers tend to lose focus on the bench. When the players on the court see them laughing it up, they get lazy. If Kobe screamed at them to run up the score (in an indirect way of course) they would, or at least try. Celtics run the score up, why shouldn't the Lakers? Only reason I am disturbed by this is, people think the Lakers can go 73-9, not with them losing focus every 4th quarter. the change has to start with Kobe, then the team will follow after that.

Edited by Base, December 08, 2008 - 12:44 AM.

#51 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 08, 2008 - 01:07 AM

Still, that's when Lakers tend to lose focus on the bench. When the players on the court see them laughing it up, they get lazy. If Kobe screamed at them to run up the score (in an indirect way of course) they would, or at least try. Celtics run the score up, why shouldn't the Lakers? Only reason I am disturbed by this is, people think the Lakers can go 73-9, not with them losing focus every 4th quarter. the change has to start with Kobe, then the team will follow after that.

Sorry but Kobe laughing is causing everyone to be lazy? That's the stupidest, most paranoid thing I've heard on this board. You blame the loss of leads on the players on the court, period. It's the players' on the court responsibility to maintain and extend the lead. The fact that you even think about blaming anyone else is just inane. Like YOU said, these guys are professionals and get paid a lot of money. They don't need Kobe holding their hand every time they make mistakes. They aren't a bunch of children.

Edited by daco_inc, December 08, 2008 - 01:20 AM.

#52 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted December 08, 2008 - 01:32 AM

You can get energy off of your teammates cheering you on from the bench. From them laughing, it's feels like you can slack off, or that's what it looks to me. Daco, all I am saying is the Lakers can't keep blowing leads, losing focus if they want to go 73-9. I could care less if they do or not, as long as they get the #1 seed and finish with the best record in the NBA. It's achievable, but the playfulness on the bench when we are up 20 has got to stop. It starts with the vets on the team, and that means Kobe.

Edited by Base, December 08, 2008 - 01:32 AM.

#53 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 08, 2008 - 02:58 AM

Kobe's 3 point attempts are actually wayyy lower this year... so his turnovers and minutes...

Posted Image

Edited by Avtomat Kalashnikov, December 08, 2008 - 02:58 AM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#54 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 03:21 AM

Oh god, not again.

Btw, Kobe is shooting bad at 3% because he is not shooting that much 3's. The less you shoot, the lower % you get, that's a fact.

LMAO

Haven't read any more of the thread. Just wanted to LMAO at that

#55 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted December 08, 2008 - 03:47 AM

We just gotta play with that chip on our shoulders.

Getting our a$$es handed to us last year in the Finals should be enough motivation to DETROY every single team this year

We need to revive our Swagga
Posted Image

#56 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted December 08, 2008 - 04:15 AM

Phil has said in at least 2 of his books that he encourages his players to have fun at the same time. If your nerves are tight during a blowout somebody is gonna end up getting into a spat with someone else. Then they'll both look stupid for bumping heads while they had a big lead.

I watched the Bulls closely, especially Jordan, and their team acted no differently on the bench. And they were the OLDEST team in the league whereas we're relatively young.

Phil hasn't said a word about Kobe's losing focus in any kind of way and he spends most of his days with him in practices AND has the opportunity of being around him during games. Him and Kobe don't have a rift anymore so he won't hold back with his criticism out of fear of the media stirring up a story.

In fact, has Phil even said a thing about the team's play being a reflection of our bench? That's called paranoia.

Some people care more about having an edge in an argument than they do saying something LOGICAL. That's the only reason they can say ridiculous things such as that.

Edited by Heir, December 08, 2008 - 04:17 AM.

Basketball Reasons...

#57 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted December 08, 2008 - 04:46 AM

If you expect the Lakers to do everything YOU want perfectly, you're basically setting yourself up for disappointment.

The same people who expect the Lakers to be perfect are the same ones who work hard so that they can one day become a millionaires, then once they actually get the money they don't know how to appreciate it.

Edited by Heir, December 08, 2008 - 04:46 AM.

Basketball Reasons...

#58 hype

hype

says hi!

• 3,739 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 06:54 AM

What the hell is wrong with joking...wow, I thought I heard everything.

Ditto. Joking on the bench nonetheless. And it's not like they did it all throughout the game, clearly not paying attention. This is a non-issue.

#59 Mo Rings

Mo Rings

Fan since Hector was a pup!

• 543 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:All of 'em!

Posted December 08, 2008 - 07:17 AM

LOL at fans who want us to be at our peak efficiency in December. How about we work toward that end and arrive there just about playoff time?

#60 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Rookie

• 238 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem

Posted December 08, 2008 - 07:53 AM

LOL at fans who want us to be at our peak efficiency in December. How about we work toward that end and arrive there just about playoff time?

Nonsense! That's just loser talk. We should play our starters 48 minutes each game if that's what it takes to win every single game. It's not as if we had the best season start in the history of the franchise, right? Right?
:unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users