Photo

The Lakers: most talented team in league?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 13, 2008 - 03:09 PM

I never said a sweep, but play us in a 7-game series, we're taking it. We just have too much weapons to throw at teams, and when we're all playing well, it's tough to see how we could lose a series.

I watch Boston and Cleveland games and I see a lot of times that they both have defensive lapses, just like we do, but our lapses are magnified even more just because we are the LA Lakers. I am not worried, and you people shouldn't be also.

#22 Juan

Juan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 13, 2008 - 03:15 PM

All that talent and no defense

#23 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 13, 2008 - 04:22 PM

All that talent and no defense

So being 3rd in the league in defensive effiency while playing horrible defense to our standards is "no defense?"
We truly have a bunch of spoiled fans. The Lakers have to do EVERYTHING perfect to please some people eh?

:rolleyes:

Edited by AkademikONE, December 13, 2008 - 04:23 PM.

#24 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 13, 2008 - 04:41 PM

Those defensive efficiency ratings are off because of our W-L record compared to the rest of the league, and all those blowouts we had the first few weeks. Anyone who's been watching us for the past 2-3 weeks knows that our defense is just terrible out there. Maybe not "nonexistent", but it definitely is not good.

#25 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted December 13, 2008 - 04:50 PM

As of now, no. Our team defense is just painful to watch. Once they get they're defense back on track, then we're he most talented team out there.

Made By Vaporize

#26 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 13, 2008 - 05:24 PM

As of now, no. Our team defense is just painful to watch. Once they get they're defense back on track, then we're he most talented team out there.

I don't agree with this because talent is something that doesn't come and go. It's there, just need to use it the right way.

#27 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted December 13, 2008 - 05:48 PM

I don't agree with this because talent is something that doesn't come and go. It's there, just need to use it the right way.

I'll agree with you that the Lakers is the most talented team out there. But as far as the BEST team out there as of right now, we need to tighten up our defense before we can achieve that title.

Edited by KuYa JL, December 13, 2008 - 05:48 PM.

Made By Vaporize

#28 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 13, 2008 - 05:54 PM

The Lakers are only a complete 48-minute defensive game from being the best team in basketball.

#29 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 13, 2008 - 05:56 PM

The Lakers are the deepest team in the NBA, but not the most "talented." KG, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen are almost sure-fire first ballot Hall of Famers, with the possible exception of Ray Allen. Nevertheless, they are perennial all-stars. Other than Kobe, Gasol has played in one All Star Game and that's it, although he sure deserves to be there this year. There is a lot of all-star potential (Bynum, Ariza) and LO is a solid NBA player, but I personally defer to a team that is 3 deep with potential Hall of Famers. If we didn't have depth, length and athleticism, we'd have no shot against them.

#30 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 13, 2008 - 05:59 PM

The Lakers are the deepest team in the NBA, but not the most "talented."

Well, don't you think that "deepest" and "most talented" go hand in hand? The talent they have at each position is what makes the Lakers the deepest team, and in turn, make them the most talented IMO.

KG, Pierce, and Allen are HOF worthy, but other than them, who else do they really have that really stands out? They have Rondo and he's the only other player that stands out in my mind. Perkins is garbage. Outside of Kobe and Gasol, we have an up and coming Bynum, and stand outs of Ariza, Vujajic, and Farmar and the versatile Odom.

Edited by AkademikONE, December 13, 2008 - 06:04 PM.

#31 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 14, 2008 - 08:57 AM

^ Perkins is far from garbage. He is a main component for them, his size and strength helped them win a title last year.
To go on Rondo is one of the best young point guards in the league, just under paul, williams, and rose(he is better than farmar IMO). Eddie house is a very good shooter in this league(better than Vlad, and possibly Sasha), POWE(nuff said), Tony allen may be just as good as Ariza overall, but you have to watch b-ball to know these things...
The celtics are DEEP, and they have VETERANS, so I think their Talent is better than ours
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#32 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 20, 2008 - 04:01 PM

yeah, i was right
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users