• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 05, 2008 - 11:54 PM

Jackson said four of his players -- Bryant, Ariza, Lamar Odom, Jordan Farmar -- have a competition going to see who can accumulate the most steals this season. Jackson isn't necessarily thrilled, noting that Bryant sometimes "comes away empty-handed, which compromises our defense."

#2 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted December 05, 2008 - 11:58 PM

i find this annoying....
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#3 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted December 06, 2008 - 12:05 AM

i find this annoying....

I find it very annoying. Just what I have been telling SILO, Kobe, Laughing on the bench when they are up (not the wizards game), smiling after they blew a 19 point game (wizards game) when he realized they won and now this? Kobe isn't focused for the championship, just toying around. When the real tests come they will lose because of the little games they play. STAY FOCUSED!!!!!!!!!

#4 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted December 06, 2008 - 12:07 AM

Kobe isn't focused for the championship, just toying around.

I wouldn't go that far. To say Kobe is not focused on a championship, thats a very big statement on your part.

#5 Smoove

Smoove

Filipindian

• 5,273 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted December 06, 2008 - 12:09 AM

I find it very annoying. Just what I have been telling SILO, Kobe, Laughing on the bench when they are up (not the wizards game), smiling after they blew a 19 point game (wizards game) when he realized they won and now this? Kobe isn't focused for the championship, just toying around. When the real tests come they will lose because of the little games they play. STAY FOCUSED!!!!!!!!!

:blink:

no....

Posted Image

"To whom much is given much is tested."

#6 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted December 06, 2008 - 12:11 AM

I wouldn't go that far. To say Kobe is not focused on a championship, thats a very big statement on your part.

I'll go big and say that the Lakers as a team arn't focused for the championship. Yes, it is in sight for them. Yes, they can win it. But with the games they play on the bench and this "steals game" now, it looks to me that they aren't focused 100%. I almost never see Boston playing these kind of games on the bench or on the floor.

Celtics seem poised for another championship (although I feel that they won't make it to the finals, just a feeling.)

All this is said probably because of the past 3 games, Lakers need to prove themselves on the road.

Edited by Base, December 06, 2008 - 12:14 AM.

#7 mlj0820

mlj0820

Rookie

• 442 posts

Posted December 06, 2008 - 10:13 AM

They are just having fun with eathother. That's good, cause they are all really close and they need to be close to get this done together. I really doubt any of them are out there thinking "Man, I am one steal behind Trevor, I gotta steal this ball."

Nah, they are professionals they are going to play the game it is supposed to be played and play it well.

They are just having a little fun with eachother, friendly competition and joking around.
This is good.

But I don't think it means, IN ANY WAY, that they are not persistant on winning a championship.

If anything worries me about that, it's the way they have been playing defense lately...haha

TEAM FARMAR

#8 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts
  • Name:Alex.
  • Fan Since:Strawberry Fields Forever
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted December 06, 2008 - 10:56 AM

I would much prefer our players just stay on their men, stop gambeling like Smush. :lol:

"The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure.
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences,
and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon,
for each day to have a new and different sun."

#9 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts

Posted December 06, 2008 - 01:01 PM

I would much prefer our players just stay on their men, stop gambeling like Smush. :lol:

Smush didn't know the first thing about Defense..he was a nightmare man
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#10 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 06, 2008 - 01:10 PM

This is dumb. But if you want to look at the bright side, at least it's a defensive competition.

Currently, Trevor's in the lead with 34, followed by Kob (28), Lamar (24), and Ego Ears (22).

#11 rissa missa

rissa missa

i <3 Kobe

• 938 posts

Posted December 06, 2008 - 01:14 PM

i guess anything to motivate each other but i would prefer that they play solid defense instead of gambling to get steals.

#12 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts
  • Name:Alex.
  • Fan Since:Strawberry Fields Forever
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted December 06, 2008 - 01:22 PM

i guess anything to motivate each other but i would prefer that they play solid defense instead of gambling to get steals.

"The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure.
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences,
and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon,
for each day to have a new and different sun."

#13 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 06, 2008 - 01:58 PM

I see it, they are just trying to make eachother better.

#14 LOdieschick07

LOdieschick07

Queen Laker Girl

• 4,102 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Lamar Odom

Posted December 06, 2008 - 02:00 PM

they should have a rebounds and blocks competition
Posted Image

#15 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 06, 2008 - 02:00 PM

Why not a blocks competition?

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#16 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 06, 2008 - 02:01 PM

Dont you guys want them to force turnovers?!?!

#17 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 06, 2008 - 02:17 PM

Do you ever have any legit concerns? First you say that you "see it in Kobe's eyes" that he's lacking desire. Now you have a problem with him laughing while on the bench (not even in the game) and smiling (and I noticed he seemed to be communicating with someone, probably to Caron who missed the game-winning, or game-losing depending on how you look at it, shot...he seemed to be just joking around with his good friend after the game was over)? No offense, but these "observations" are dumb. I really hope I'm misinterpreting you, but apparently you don't believe they should be laughing or having a good time on the bench? You believe they should be serious all the time? Sorry, but not everyone has the intensity and psychosis of KG that allows him to be in serious mode 100% of the time (and thank God for that). Your expectations are more for robots rather than human beings. In addition to enjoying them win, I also enjoy seeing them all get along with each other.

When Kobe's in the game and the ball is in play, I never see him slack off on both sides of the court. He hustles for steals, he dives for loose balls, and he basically just busts his butt out there whenever he's on the court. So let me know when you have real concerns. You know, things that actually have to do with his actual performance on the court. There small problems like this competition thing, but it's absolutely ridiculous to question his desire for a championship simply based on that and "what you see in his eyes".

Edited by daco_inc, December 06, 2008 - 02:19 PM.

#18 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 06, 2008 - 04:36 PM

^yep, daco is right
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#19 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 06, 2008 - 04:46 PM

Well said Daco

#20 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted December 07, 2008 - 01:30 AM

Do you ever have any legit concerns? First you say that you "see it in Kobe's eyes" that he's lacking desire. Now you have a problem with him laughing while on the bench (not even in the game) and smiling (and I noticed he seemed to be communicating with someone, probably to Caron who missed the game-winning, or game-losing depending on how you look at it, shot...he seemed to be just joking around with his good friend after the game was over)? No offense, but these "observations" are dumb. I really hope I'm misinterpreting you, but apparently you don't believe they should be laughing or having a good time on the bench? You believe they should be serious all the time? Sorry, but not everyone has the intensity and psychosis of KG that allows him to be in serious mode 100% of the time (and thank God for that). Your expectations are more for robots rather than human beings. In addition to enjoying them win, I also enjoy seeing them all get along with each other.

When Kobe's in the game and the ball is in play, I never see him slack off on both sides of the court. He hustles for steals, he dives for loose balls, and he basically just busts his butt out there whenever he's on the court. So let me know when you have real concerns. You know, things that actually have to do with his actual performance on the court. There small problems like this competition thing, but it's absolutely ridiculous to question his desire for a championship simply based on that and "what you see in his eyes".

I guess you are thanking god that Lakers didn't win the championship. If you want something bad enough you will fight for it with all your might until you get it, you won't slack off one bit...or at least I wouldn't
The Lakers should be playing serious throughout the whole game, it ain't over till it's over. Kobe is sure busting his butt out there but if you see his shot selection it really hurts the team. He shold be the leader, he shouldn't be playing games on the bench, or playing games on the court. If Kobe were to get on the benches butt for blowing the lead, they won't care since Kobe wasn't paying attention anyway a couple minutes earlier.

Keep in mind that this is their JOB and they are paid MULTIPLE millions of dollars, and seeing them not focusing is just jaw dropping, even some college teams has more discipline than the Lakers

Edited by Base, December 07, 2008 - 01:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users