Phil Jackson says Coaching was the Problem

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 hype

hype

says hi!

• 3,739 posts

Posted December 06, 2008 - 04:24 PM

Phil's playing mind games again. He started early this season on Lamar (he wound up embracing his role), then Bynum (look at the result tonight) and now the entire bench (Bynum is probably included in that as well, since he's a younger player).

Yup. But I still don't get why Bynum sat out the last minutes of the fourth, and why Odom played so much when he gave no effort at all last night.

#22 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 06, 2008 - 04:33 PM

yeah, that could have been a shot at odom honestly...and the rest of the second unit
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#23 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,917 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 06, 2008 - 05:35 PM

I hope DJ was better, Mihm didn't even play 7/8 of the season.

The Finals are ovedr - move on.

Its good that Phil admitted this. I always agree with the can't win with youth, you win with experience theory.

The bench was good to start the year, but apparently they still don't have the ability to focus that well over the long haul. For now, letting the vets run things won't be bad at all.

#24 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 06, 2008 - 05:43 PM

As I've said a million times already, it's absolutely ludicrous to even think Mbenga and Newble may have been the difference between winning and losing those final. And if that's not what you are trying to say, then it's pointless even bringing those guys up.

Goodness you're like an irritating rash, so damn annoying

can't you let it go

did i say anything to you?

Didn't i say in those threads somewhere lets agree to disagree and move on and not even once did I mention that to you

I threw that statement out there in regards to "phil's poor coaching" and at other times where I felt he didn't do his job IMO the right way.

is that too damn hard to accept

its an opinion

you've made it clear 100s of times that you don't agree, no need to say it again

Edited by MDI, December 06, 2008 - 05:48 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#25 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 06, 2008 - 05:50 PM

You brought up that point again and all I did was restate what I thought on the matter of Newble and DJ. You can repeat a point and I can't? I fail to see what the problem is.

You brought up that point as to back up Phil's poor coaching, and I countered because I don't think it's a valid supporting argument.

Edited by daco_inc, December 06, 2008 - 05:51 PM.

#26 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 06, 2008 - 05:52 PM

yes but it wasn't directed at you

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#27 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 06, 2008 - 06:07 PM

Yup. But I still don't get why Bynum sat out the last minutes of the fourth, and why Odom played so much when he gave no effort at all last night.

Someone who shares my sentiments, exactly. It's ridiculous. It wasn't just that game. He does this a lot. Bynum obviously adds way more/brings way more to the game than what Odom does. Again, I keep repeating myself, but that matchups crap or whatever it most likely is, is just severely overrated. Even if Pau gets more boards, Bynum is still our by far best rebounder imo, a GREAT defensive anchor, intimidates/changes/alters/blocks shots, and plus he could probably grab a few offensive rebounds on our end, give us some easy second chance points and score easily himself. I HATE Bynum not finishing out games and sitting so [expletive]in' long in the fourth! :angry:

#28 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 06, 2008 - 09:29 PM

yeah Lamar might start sitting on the bench in the fourth, Phil is trying his best to be patiennt but i saw Phil and Lamar lose patience with each other in Washington, it'll be interesting to see what happens as the season goes along.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users