LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 05, 2008 - 01:39 PM

NOTE TO EVERY LAKERS FAN
Settle down. You played 15 games in five weeks. Ten were at home. You played only two back-to-backs. Couldn't have been an easier start. Your real season started Tuesday ... you know, when you blew the 17-point lead to Indiana.

See where you are in three weeks; right now, you're about as realistic as unemployed Pop Warner parents bragging about their kids. If you beat the Celtics on Christmas Day, then you can talk about 70 wins and whether Trevor Ariza is better than Scottie Pippen. I need to move soon.

http://sports.espn.g...=simmons/081205

#2 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 05, 2008 - 01:40 PM

Simmons is the biggest douche on earth.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,416 posts

Posted December 05, 2008 - 01:42 PM

Note to Bill Simmons:
Suck a big one.

#4 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,454 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted December 05, 2008 - 01:47 PM

15-2 is impressive no matter how easy our schedule is. It does worry me that we have had so many multiple rest days however, because eventually its going to catch up to us.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#5 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 05, 2008 - 01:53 PM

Um, yeah: Bill's absolutely right and the responses so far and that will continue in this thread are the proof.

Our fans are completely manic. We're either going 73-9 and winning 3 straight championships or we need to make big trades to avoid getting demolished again in the finals.

Truth hurts.

#6 Shooter871

Shooter871

Veteran

• 1,429 posts

Posted December 05, 2008 - 01:54 PM

I have never heard or seen one person compare Trevor Ariza to Scottie Pippen :lol:

One person probably wrote or told him Ariza is as good as Pippen and he took it too litteral and assumed all Laker fans thought the same. Hes obviously just a pure Laker hater, I honestly dont see how these people get jobs as Sports writers when they go out of there way to voice there irrational hate towards other teams in their articles.
:fisher: / :kobe: / :artest: / :pau: / :bynum:

#7 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 05, 2008 - 01:57 PM

One person probably wrote or told him Ariza is as good as Pippen and he took it too litteral and assumed all Laker fans thought the same. Hes obviously just a pure Laker hater, I honestly dont see how these people get jobs as Sports writers when they go out of there way to voice there irrational hate towards other teams in their articles.

He's a COLUMNIST. His job IS to voice his opinions.

I don't see how people can't understand the difference between a news article/reporting and editorials.

And thanks for proving my point.

#8 Shooter871

Shooter871

Veteran

• 1,429 posts

Posted December 05, 2008 - 02:06 PM

He's a COLUMNIST. His job IS to voice his opinions.

I don't see how people can't understand the difference between a news article/reporting and editorials.

And thanks for proving my point.

All Forums are like that, every sports teams forums that involve a winning team are just like this but not every person is like that. For instance I know we wont win 70, I dont panic after every loss, and I am realistic.

Either way 15-2 is a excellent start easy schedule or not. BTW the Celtics didnt have that hard of a schedule to start with either so I dont know why all the focus is on the Laker fans. Fans will be fans.

Edited by Shooter871, December 05, 2008 - 02:07 PM.

#9 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 05, 2008 - 02:16 PM

All Forums are like that, every sports teams forums that involve a winning team are just like this but not every person is like that. For instance I know we wont win 70, I dont panic after every loss, and I am realistic.

Either way 15-2 is a excellent start easy schedule or not. BTW the Celtics didnt have that hard of a schedule to start with either so I dont know why all the focus is on the Laker fans. Fans will be fans.

He never said 15-2 wasn't an excellent start. Obviously, 15-2 is an excellent start so why mention that? He never said the Celtics had a hard schedule.

He's focusing on the Lakers fans because he LIVES IN LA and no doubt has had to put up with constant knob-slobbering. If the teams were in reverse roles and I was living in Boston, I'd be pretty annoyed by it all too.

Everyone on this board is way too sensitive.

#10 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 05, 2008 - 02:18 PM

LOL what the hell... the season didnt begin til tuesday?

#11 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 05, 2008 - 02:20 PM

LOL what the hell... the season didnt begin til tuesday?

It's called a joke.

Could somebody else with an English/journalism degree or that actually knows something about writing help me out here?

#12 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted December 05, 2008 - 02:21 PM

I have never heard or seen one person compare Trevor Ariza to Scottie Pippen :lol:

they had a thread about that on CL :lol:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#13 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 05, 2008 - 02:24 PM

they had a thread about that on CL :lol:

I'm pretty sure I saw a question about that in an ESPN chat too.

Let's not forget on these boards there was a thread about Ariza being on the Olympic team.

#14 Shooter871

Shooter871

Veteran

• 1,429 posts

Posted December 05, 2008 - 02:24 PM

He never said 15-2 wasn't an excellent start. Obviously, 15-2 is an excellent start so why mention that? He never said the Celtics had a hard schedule.

He's focusing on the Lakers fans because he LIVES IN LA and no doubt has had to put up with constant knob-slobbering. If the teams were in reverse roles and I was living in Boston, I'd be pretty annoyed by it all too.

Everyone on this board is way too sensitive.

Im not sensitive, I just dont like douchebag sportswriters like this telling me how to act while writing something we already know. Then to go along with it trying a cheap attempt at being funny which was pretty pathetic.

"you're about as realistic as unemployed Pop Warner parents bragging about their kids" The only thing funny about this is how he probably got a laugh out of it writing it down on his computer :lol:

Edited by Shooter871, December 05, 2008 - 02:26 PM.

#15 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted December 05, 2008 - 02:27 PM

He's from Boston and he explicitly shows his allegiance to Boston sports teams

He writes to appeal to the Boston fanbase

outside of there everyone finds him entertaining in regards to his pop references and don't really give a rat's a** bout his sports comments

I always dismiss what he says because everything that comes out of his mouth is a joke

Edited by MDI, December 05, 2008 - 02:29 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#16 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted December 05, 2008 - 02:36 PM

A native New Englander, Simmons is a passionate fan of the Boston Red Sox, New England Patriots, Holy Cross Crusaders (his alma mater), and Boston Celtics. He was a longtime fan of the Boston Bruins and the NHL, but claims that their poor management led to his completely losing interest in them---until the 2008 playoffs

from his wiki page

Edited by MDI, December 05, 2008 - 02:36 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#17 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 05, 2008 - 02:36 PM

Im not sensitive

If that was true then this...

I just dont like douchebag sportswriters like this telling me how to act while writing something we already know. Then to go along with it trying a cheap attempt at being funny which was pretty pathetic.

"you're about as realistic as unemployed Pop Warner parents bragging about their kids" The only thing funny about this is how he probably got a laugh out of it writing it down on his computer :lol:

...would have never been written.

If Bill Simmons was a Lakers homer, nobody on this board would be spewing a 10th of the hate in his direction.

#18 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 05, 2008 - 02:57 PM

Simmons is a proud Boston sports fan. That said, he's still one (of very few) of my favorite writers over at BSPN.

#19 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted December 05, 2008 - 03:05 PM

note to Bill Simmons: don't quit your day job u douche bag.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#20 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted December 05, 2008 - 03:39 PM

I respect Simmons and his opinion.
He's THE only good thing about ESPN, and I'm not going to let one little blurb change my perception of him. Plus, he does have a point. Sure, a 15-2 start is terrific, but it's early, and the Lakers have had a pretty damn easy schedule thus far.

I swear, it feels like I'm one of the only people here that can take off the purple and gold colored glasses and look at outsider opinions objectively.

Edited by SaintNicholasVanExel, December 05, 2008 - 03:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users