#21 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 05, 2009 - 10:57 AM

His minutes are down and he doesn't seem to be forcing things on offense, although he does seem to be expending a lot of energy on the defensive end.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 05, 2009 - 01:45 PM.

#22 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 05, 2009 - 11:03 AM

its january....he should be coasting
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#23 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted January 05, 2009 - 11:04 AM

His minutes have gone up as of late. Since the Miami game, he's been averaging 37.5 minutes...He needs to bring down his average to around 32-34, so that means we'll need blowouts and to protect big leads. Phil apparently doesn't really trust our bench with leads at this point seeing as how he brought back Kobe and Pau in the 4th against Portland.

#24 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,369 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2009 - 11:08 AM

I feel bad for the rest of the league when he decides to play hard :lol:

#25 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 05, 2009 - 11:10 AM

should be around the time Drew figures things out...i say around april.....
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#26 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 11:27 AM

..and when AB17 finds his stride.

#27 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted January 05, 2009 - 11:35 AM

:lol:

Kobe? coasting? nahh.. I don't think that's possible.
He just doesnt have to work as hard because he has reliable back up. I think that Kobe's trust in teammates is a huge deal. Now he can pass them the ball & know they can make the basket. you know?
& plus, we'll need his energy for later in the season. He's fine where he is right now.

#28 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted January 05, 2009 - 01:09 PM

Kobe said he wasn't even in third gear yet,
Lakerfool might have hit money with this thread.

#29 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 05, 2009 - 01:28 PM

His play as of late has bumped him to 1st place in MVP candidate list IMO.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#30 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 01:47 PM

His minutes have gone up as of late. Since the Miami game, he's been averaging 37.5 minutes...He needs to bring down his average to around 32-34, so that means we'll need blowouts and to protect big leads. Phil apparently doesn't really trust our bench with leads at this point seeing as how he brought back Kobe and Pau in the 4th against Portland.

I was at the game and couldn't believe it. We were playing well. What was that all about?

#31 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 01:50 PM

He is the MVP, but who cares what the writers think. I was shocked that they swallowed their prides last year and voted him in overwhelmingly over CP3 who, in my opinion, should have been 3rd in the voting behind Paul Pierce (I know that's not a popular opinion, but he was their leader despite what you might say about KG and they were 66-16).

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 05, 2009 - 01:50 PM.

#32 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 02:55 PM

He is the MVP, but who cares what the writers think. I was shocked that they swallowed their prides last year and voted him in overwhelmingly over CP3 who, in my opinion, should have been 3rd in the voting behind Paul Pierce (I know that's not a popular opinion, but he was their leader despite what you might say about KG and they were 66-16).

EW. I was so glad Kobe won it but I thought CP3 could have easily got it and I wouldn't have complained.

#33 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,073 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 03:57 PM

to be honest lebron is going to win it regardless of their individual play the rest of the season

unless the cavs have a significant collapse which is possible but unlikely

or

kobe puts together a string of ridiculous games but this is unlikely because the team is so good now

basically its not going to happen this year or any subsequent years
Posted Image

#34 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,073 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 04:01 PM

i thought kobe was done thats what everyone was saying a week ago

i think the perfect summary of the writers bias against the lakers was in the coverage of the celtics lakers rematch

all week it was oh the lakers must win this game to give themselves confidence and prove they are an elite team and on boston's level

we win and all of a sudden it was viewed as unimportant and meaningless and the celtics in no way needed this game

yet 1 week later the lakers are what 4-0 since and the celtics are 2-4

this is the same attitude that will be shown toward kobe in the MVP race
Posted Image

#35 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 04:03 PM

EW. I was so glad Kobe won it but I thought CP3 could have easily got it and I wouldn't have complained.

I would have complained very loudly. Kobe was clearly the best and most valuable player in the NBA last year and he should have won the award in 2005-06, too (45-37 with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker in the starting 5. As Stu would say: "Are you kidding me?"). CP3 is an unbelievable talent without question, but he was just part of an "Anyone But Kobe" campaign. First it was LeBron, then it was CP3, but it was never LeBron or CP3; it was either LeBron or Kobe then CP3 or Kobe. Even the Sportswriter Kobe Haters had no choice and the results showed it.

#36 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 04:09 PM

i thought kobe was done thats what everyone was saying a week ago

i think the perfect summary of the writers bias against the lakers was in the coverage of the celtics lakers rematch

all week it was oh the lakers must win this game to give themselves confidence and prove they are an elite team and on boston's level

we win and all of a sudden it was viewed as unimportant and meaningless and the celtics in no way needed this game

yet 1 week later the lakers are what 4-0 since and the celtics are 2-4

this is the same attitude that will be shown toward kobe in the MVP race

Never mind those biased Haters, how about Jeff Van Gundy? Next time we have to suffer with him announcing a Lakers nationally televised game, just listen to all the anti-Kobe and anti-Lakers comments that fly out of his mouth. Last year, there was no question whatsoever that CP3 should have won the MVP. End of story. If you listened to the Celtics telecast, he might have made one or two positive comments about the Lakers (he likes Lamar), but none about Kobe. If the Celtics did something well, it was because of the Lakers porous defense. If the Lakers did something well, there's usually no comment or he jokes about something else. He just can't help himself. I think he's jealous of Phil Jackson. 9 rings to Van Gundy's zip. There's no one I despise in the booth more than him.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 05, 2009 - 04:11 PM.

#37 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,073 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 04:13 PM

i still think that 05-06 vote was ridiculous

finishing 4th when kobe lead possibly the most least talented team in history to make the playoffs

kwame
lamar
luke
kobe
smush

brian cook
sasha( the really bad sasha)
devean george
andrew bynum(undeveloped and got 0 playing time)
devin green(where is he? the D-league)
laron profit(good for the all of 9 games he played)

who was our back-up PG i can't even remember it was a year before farmar but a year after tierre brown, chucky atkins, tony bobbit trio

i mean that is an expansion team at best and kobe finished 4th i mean beyond ridiculous

not to mention he averaged 35.4 freakin points per game on top of all of that
Posted Image

#38 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 04:13 PM

I love the bias/hate. Just more fuel to the fire.

#39 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 05, 2009 - 04:41 PM

Never mind those biased Haters, how about Jeff Van Gundy? Next time we have to suffer with him announcing a Lakers nationally televised game, just listen to all the anti-Kobe and anti-Lakers comments that fly out of his mouth. Last year, there was no question whatsoever that CP3 should have won the MVP. End of story. If you listened to the Celtics telecast, he might have made one or two positive comments about the Lakers (he likes Lamar), but none about Kobe. If the Celtics did something well, it was because of the Lakers porous defense. If the Lakers did something well, there's usually no comment or he jokes about something else. He just can't help himself. I think he's jealous of Phil Jackson. 9 rings to Van Gundy's zip. There's no one I despise in the booth more than him.

I actually like van gundy, but when he said lebron was the best; and its not even close i knew he was trying to illicit response from Kobe's biggest fan, Mark Jackson. Plus he loves defense and apparently he believes Lebron plays better D than Kobe but I just dont see it, I think the fact that he plays HARDER than Kobe HAS BEEN playing, that he just gives it to Lebron. But I'll just say this, Kobe is making a case for MVP, and I would give it to him if the season ended today, the lakers have the best record and just because Lebron is naturally built to have the best stats in the league, doesnt mean he is the best player , or the MVP of his team. If we look at the top 5 teams record-wise DWIGHT is MVP, and if we go by who makes their teammates better, well lemme just say this, Gasol wasnt this good, in Memphis, in fact he wasnt anywhere close. Bynum looked much better when it was Kobe basically breastfeeding him 8 pts a game last year
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#40 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted January 05, 2009 - 04:58 PM

^You're kidding yourself if you don't think Gasol was this good without Kobe. And even going as far as saying that he wasn't anywhere close? That's just Kobe homerism at its best. It's quite sickening how much guys try to discredit Pau. As someone else stated in another thread, even though Kobe is clearly the better player, they have nearly equal impact to this team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users