31 replies to this topic

#21 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 04, 2008 - 05:40 PM

Why I don't like him? The magic word is "contract year". Yes, that is when a player wants to get paid, he suddenly plays extra hard...

Jerome James
Erick Dampier
Adonal Foyle
Mike James - I can't believe this buffoon once averaged 20 PPG
Boris Diaw
Devean George - yes, he is a turd on the court, but he is one smart mofo... how did this guy still in the league??
Tim Thomas
Bonzi Wells
Mikki Moore
Larry Hughes
Smush Parker - from 750k to 2+ mil
Andre Iguodala - ok, it's too early to tell, but he is showing some signs
Elton Brand - same with AI 2.0

...and the list goes on...

Yeah, he works hard, but so did Allan Houston and Darius Miles... There is a reason he is rotting on the bench...

Well, at least he is not slacking off, and not creating drama, unlike guys like Eddie Curry and Starbury...

Edited by Kwame is in my closet, December 04, 2008 - 05:49 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#22 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted December 04, 2008 - 08:41 PM

Luke Walton has middle school level defense

Maybe he'll upgrade it to freshmen JV level defense
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#23 PurpNGold

PurpNGold

Rookie

• 400 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted December 04, 2008 - 10:52 PM

luke is too slow for the NBA.. hes like the wrong proportion of strength and speed... hes average to below average in all aspects of the game lol.. i wanted to give him a shot this year to make up for lasat year.. but i cant see him replacing TA or radman... or LO or kobe when they are at the 3

#24 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 05, 2008 - 07:12 PM

yep and his hard work showed tonight!

he came in for Odom tonight after LO was stinking it up

Walton in 4 minutes: 0 for 0 from the field, 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists -5

I wish Phil played Powell instead of this loser

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#25 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 05, 2008 - 07:16 PM

yep and his hard work showed tonight!

he came in for Odom tonight after LO was stinking it up

Walton in 4 minutes: 0 for 0 from the field, 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists -5

I wish Phil played Powell instead of this loser

Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#26 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 05, 2008 - 08:12 PM

Add Vujacic to that list of contract year players.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#27 Guest_Nyla_*

Guest_Nyla_*

Posted December 06, 2008 - 09:33 AM

The only reason Luke got more minutes in the past was cause he was the best option on a bad team.

Oh by the way, this thread title was changed cause its not necessary to make thread titles in all caps. Only a word like "official" or "help" should be in caps. Otherwise it looks messy on the forums. Thanks! :)

#28 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted December 06, 2008 - 01:42 PM

Why I don't like him? The magic word is "contract year". Yes, that is when a player wants to get paid, he suddenly plays extra hard...

Jerome James
Erick Dampier
Adonal Foyle
Mike James - I can't believe this buffoon once averaged 20 PPG
Boris Diaw
Devean George - yes, he is a turd on the court, but he is one smart mofo... how did this guy still in the league??
Tim Thomas
Bonzi Wells
Mikki Moore
Larry Hughes
Smush Parker - from 750k to 2+ mil
Andre Iguodala - ok, it's too early to tell, but he is showing some signs
Elton Brand - same with AI 2.0

...and the list goes on...

Yeah, he works hard, but so did Allan Houston and Darius Miles... There is a reason he is rotting on the bench...

Well, at least he is not slacking off, and not creating drama, unlike guys like Eddie Curry and Starbury...

Thats BS how can you call Andre Iggy a contract player or even Elton Brand you give no reason for most of these players but you can call them contract players thats total BS and as for Eddie Curry and Marbury neither of them are "slacking off" or even "creating drama" and if you knew the situation you wouldnt be saying that [expletive]..u make yourself look like a ignorant fan by even saying these things. i bet you have not seen any of these players play a whole season or even half the season except for the players that were on the lakers.

Edited by wong63, December 06, 2008 - 01:47 PM.

#29 LOdieschick07

LOdieschick07

Queen Laker Girl

• 4,102 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Lamar Odom

Posted December 06, 2008 - 01:57 PM

The only reason Luke got more minutes in the past was cause he was the best option on a bad team.

Oh by the way, this thread title was changed cause its not necessary to make thread titles in all caps. Only a word like "official" or "help" should be in caps. Otherwise it looks messy on the forums. Thanks! :)

kk.. my bad
Posted Image

#30 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 06, 2008 - 10:14 PM

i hate all the non-atheltes who cal pros garbage, Luke is not as fast as most but neither is Nash, and he finds a way, neither was cassell(even in his prime) but he finds a way.
Luke is the perfect replacement starter for vlad when A. vlad is injured or
bB. the ball is not moving,
Luke plays good ball when healthy, he's like 1/2 of Lamar but more consistent when healthy and given minutes

And you guys look at stats too much, "play powell instead of this loser"
are u kidding, if powell played would the Lakers have the best record in the league,noooooooo. so everybody chill out plz. you sound very ignorant to the NBA culture
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#31 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted December 07, 2008 - 01:35 AM

i hate all the non-atheltes who cal pros garbage, Luke is not as fast as most but neither is Nash, and he finds a way, neither was cassell(even in his prime) but he finds a way.
Luke is the perfect replacement starter for vlad when A. vlad is injured or
bB. the ball is not moving,
Luke plays good ball when healthy, he's like 1/2 of Lamar but more consistent when healthy and given minutes

And you guys look at stats too much, "play powell instead of this loser"
are u kidding, if powell played would the Lakers have the best record in the league,noooooooo. so everybody chill out plz. you sound very ignorant to the NBA culture

C/S but nash was pretty fast when he was with dallas....and as far as the contract player thing think of a contract year as an incentive to work even harder, all these players im sure are playing to win and not just "slacking off" until their contract year or they wouldnt be in NBA with that kind of mentality becuz believe it or not it takes a tremendous amount of work, dedication, and talent to get in the nba.

Edited by wong63, December 07, 2008 - 01:38 AM.

#32 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 07, 2008 - 04:06 AM

I didn't make it up at all...

http://basketbawful....phenomenon.html
http://www.nationmas...year-phenomenon
http://fantasynews.s.../story/11118202

Jerome James - 12/7 during the playoffs @ contract year, waste of roster spot after that
Erick Dampier - 12/12 @ contract year
Adonal Foyle - ok, maybe the Warriors' FO is just that bad... although after he got paid, he was out of shape
Boris Diaw - he was a triple-double waiting to happen and versatile like LO, then after he got paid he went out of shape and played like crap since then, heck even Pringles called him out
Tim Thomas - 05/06 playoffs he was like 15 PPG
Bonzi Wells - same case as Jerome James, though he pulled a Ben Gordon... Houston thought 2 mil/year was a steal, went to camp out of shape, then was in JVG's doghouse
Mikki Moore - if you are a bigman and wants to get paid, play with Jason Kidd
Larry Hughes - MLE, played his best during his final year at Washington (22.0 PPG), got a fat contract from the Cavs, look at him now

These guys have the talent, but they are either lazy or lacking motivation... or just content after getting paid and not trying to improve...

About Eddie Curry... The guy has been slacking since rookie year... I'll take Mihm over him. Pringles was right on putting this guy on IL.

Brand and Iggy may not meshing well yet, but he (Brand) was supposed to put the Sixers among the elites... I agree it's too early though.
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users