The Clippers are looking pretty good right now

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#81 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 10:28 PM

yeah, its about showing your city love. i live in LA, and i love it. whats in LA? 2 basketball teams. i love lakers, but i semi like the clippers.

they have a solid team and have dealt with bad things.....lets not forget sam the alien giving up on the clippers and wanting a buy out to go to the celts. the clippers could have waited till after the cutoff to waive him but they didnt. even when sam spit in their face, the clippers didnt spit back in his.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#82 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 10:29 PM

Clippers should move from LA.

#83 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 10:33 PM

that will prob not happen, they have a good set up in LA.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#84 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 10:34 PM

should move to Anahiem

#85 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted December 22, 2008 - 03:08 AM

should move to Anahiem

Javier. Can any of your posts please make sense?

Do you realize you're the only one hating on the Clips right now?

Why do they have to move? And what's so bad about being a "Clippers supporter"? Stop the nonsense, they won 5 of their last 7 games, beat two of the top teams in the West on a back to back night with double overtimes in them, and have looked great.. And you don't say anything. Yet when they struggle at the end of this horrid trip you make some posts laughing at them.. Great going bud.

Thanks to all the guys here showing the Clips some love- here's some love right back to ya :)
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#86 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,403 posts

Posted December 23, 2008 - 08:52 PM

Lol San Diego Clippers.

#87 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2008 - 04:14 PM

Tough loss today against Dallas. They had no chance without Zack.

#88 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted December 28, 2008 - 04:15 PM

Interesting...

Clippers Unlikely To Trade Big Men?

Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer has reported that the Clippers are expected to hold onto their stable of big men this season.

Windhorst claims that word around the NBA is that Los Angeles won't trade Zach Randolph, Marcus Camby or Chris Kaman.

Kaman is currently injured, which would make him hard to trade.

LINK

#89 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted February 06, 2009 - 06:04 PM

He's in.
Posted Image

Edited by popo, February 06, 2009 - 06:05 PM.

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#90 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted February 06, 2009 - 10:19 PM

Great win today, Zach is back...:D

#91 clo_iam

clo_iam

Rookie

• 49 posts
  • Name:Carlo
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 07, 2009 - 12:43 AM

Let's give the Clips a chance in LA. They just need time and health. I can't wait for a Lakers vs Clippers Western Conference finals. Imagine ticket sales. <_<

#92 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted February 07, 2009 - 01:49 AM

Hehe glad to see this topic resurrected...

As much as I love my Clippers, count the hours and seconds down until their games start during the day, and can't wait till the next game, I still feel like they're not yet at that point where they've gotten the hang of this whole "team ball" thing.

Today looked good, but I can't gauge this as the Clippers skill level. They played REALLY good tonight- great team play, everything was clicking.. The bench and players were extremely happy (just look at everyone when Zach bombed the half court shot)

However, this can be something that just comes and goes. I hope it isn't- I hope this is the start of something beautiful but for now I can't get too excited.. Yet.

On the positive note.. Gordon was embarrassing Mayo so much to the point that when they interviewed him he mentioned that he actually "felt bad for Mayo".. LOL, he's got so much confidence. Mayo and Gordon have been going head to head since 3RD GRADE!

Gordon had 21 at the half, on PERFECT shooting, 3-3 from 3 point land, 6/6 from the field, and 5/5 from the free throw line. While Mayo had 4. 4 points! His first 2 was an alley oop dunk on a fast break where Gordon wasn't guarding him, and the other 2 came from a foul that Gordon committed while he's shooting.

Who's gona say Gordon's defense isn't good now? Lol.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#93 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted February 07, 2009 - 02:39 AM

Gordon is CLOSE TO MY rookie of the year candidate.

But Mayo is a beast... It's tough.

#94 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted February 07, 2009 - 03:14 AM

Gordon is CLOSE TO MY rookie of the year candidate.

But Mayo is a beast... It's tough.

Not a bad choice my friend. Mayo is unbelievable as well...

Here's my only differences though. Not saying Gordon is rookie of the year, even in my eyes he hasn't earned it (YET) because he hasn't played as long and as much as Mayo has. Mayo has been the starter since day 1, and Gordon wasn't even getting garbage time in the beginning of the season.. (He was in Dunleavy's doghouse, I have no idea why.)

Gordon's defense is proving to be much better than Mayo's.. And yeah, one of the proving thing was the fact that Mayo only made 2-9 field goals, and had only 10 points (6 of which came in garbage time). The other 4 were from- an alley oop on the fast break, and a foul that Gordon committed, leading to 2 free throws. So he actually only scored 2 LEGIT points on Gordon's defense, and that was with a foul's help.

Now Mayo's defense on the other hand, he was said to have great defense too, he couldn't even stay in front of Gordon. That doesn't say much, not too many people can, from what I've seen from EJ. But still- he was getting burned left and right (I'll make the highlight vid soon). Not only that, in the first half Gordon had a PERFECT game from everywhere. 3-3 from 3, 6-6 from the field, 5-5 from the line. He also made his next shot to get 23 points, and then in garbage time missed 4 straight shots. He still ended up with 23 on 10 shots, which is impressive. But the fact that Mayo couldn't put an end to Gordon's PERFECT GAME till way after halftime, just shows where EJ has been offensively.

Gordon's numbers have been improving, while Mayo's started to drop. The rookie of the month of January, Eric Gordon, scored 23.5 ppg in January, while Mayo went down to 16 ppg. This may be due to the rookie wall.. EJ is stronger and more fit than Mayo for now, so he can endure more. BUT- Mayo has played more minutes in more games so that's probably why he's hitting the wall earlier.

If I had the chance to trade.. I'm not sure what I would do. I think Mayo's the better player AS OF NOW but watching Gordon develop has been a blessing. I think Gordon might have more of a talent defensively, while Mayo probably has an edge offensively as of now. But I think Gordon has the chance to become someone really special in this league.

#95 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted February 07, 2009 - 12:13 PM

I agree TCI.

In fact, if Clippers start rallying here and collecting a lot of wins towards the end, Gordon continues to shine, I think he enters the debate as Rose imo, is slowly falling away from ROY.

#96 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,403 posts

Posted February 07, 2009 - 09:41 PM

Clippers handing Atlanta's a** to them tonight. I foresee many upsets by the Clippers this year. I want them to play against Cleveland and Boston and do The Lakers' dirty work for them.

#97 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted February 07, 2009 - 09:51 PM

Clippers would've been in an okay position right now had Z-Bo never gotten' hurt. They are so much better with him, tremendously better in fact. Guy is a beast. Not only a scoring machine, but eats up rebounds as well.

#98 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted February 07, 2009 - 09:53 PM

8-6 with the line up of Davis, Gordon, Thornton, Randolph and Camby.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#99 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted February 07, 2009 - 11:08 PM

Hell of a game tonight. Wow.

The awesome thing is.. With this lineup, not only can we afford to have ONE of our starters have an off night, but even 2 and we're still fine.

For example, against Memphis. Al Thornton and Baron Davis both off as hell. Gordon and Randolph both get 23+, with Ricky coming off the bench for 24. Hard to imagine a night where Al Thornton and Baron Davis (11 points and 9 points respectively) can have such a horrid night and CLIPPERS STILL PUT UP 126 POINTS ON THE BOARD.

Tonight, Gordon (wasn't really off, but didn't contribute as much. Only had 11 points) and Baron only had only 13. Both these guys can have an off night but now Al goes off for 31, and Zach of course will still get 20+ every night. (He had 25).

I love how many weapons this team has. It's so much fun watching them, and seeing who plays well during each game. Hopefully their defensive rotations can keep being this consistent (that was probably the main reason they were losing before, not lack of offensive firepower). But these last two games, if you guys saw any, all the players were happy as hell.. High fiving, celebrating during the game, and heck, acting like they made it in the playoffs. They're starting to gel, and hopefully when Kaman comes into play he won't ruin that.

Imagine this squad, with a 15/10/3 center coming off the bench.. Woah. I like :)

#100 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted February 07, 2009 - 11:27 PM

Zack Randolph is freakin' awesome. Wayyy better than Elton Brand ever was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users