The Clippers are looking pretty good right now

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted December 19, 2008 - 09:04 PM

Great win today. The Clippers continually show that they can get it done in the clutch. Very impressed with the leadership of Baron Davis and the play of Al Thornton.

#62 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted December 19, 2008 - 10:59 PM

I'm glad to see Gordon ICED the game with a 3... In front of all his fans.

As a side note, Eric Gordon had SOOOO many fans at that arena, geez. There were a bunch of people who bought and were wearing his Clipper jerseys, a few people were holding up signs for him. He had an off night but he had 15 points, including that beautiful 3 to put the game away. Any time he had the ball, attempted to score, or did score, the crowd would cheer for him noticeably.

As for the signs, one of them said "IU STILL LOVES YOU ERIC GORDON", and the other one was a poster sized version of a page in the yearbook, with his picture on there. It was an enlarged picture of him. It was funny realizing that that was only a few years ago (his high school was also in Indiana by the way).

Thornton was the savior of that game, with that huge 3 to tie the game. But I love this, Clippers are getting so much exposure to last second clutch plays and they are getting so much experience in the overtimes. They're learning to handle pressure better. And most of all they're having that "never count me out" attitude... I can't even count the number of times this season where I thought the game was over and the Clippers would come back and take it to overtime or win the game.

As everyone is saying, it looks good from here on out. Looks like Clippers have finally turned that corner.

Now- BRING BACK KAMAN AND THE REAL RICKY DAVIS!!

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, December 19, 2008 - 11:00 PM.

I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#63 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 20, 2008 - 02:33 AM

Eric Gordon has a lot of upside, he just needs some playing time...

Anyone could look like a bust if you don't play...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#64 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,455 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted December 20, 2008 - 01:00 PM

Zach Randolph is helping me immensely in my fantasy league. He always goes unnoticed and he's having a better year than usual.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#65 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 20, 2008 - 02:02 PM

Zach Randolph is helping me immensely in my fantasy league. He always goes unnoticed and he's having a better year than usual.

Yeah last 3 games he's been great 28.6ppg 12.3rpg

But im still not sure how he would work with Kaman in the lineup since both guys require alot of touches around the post.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#66 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 02:30 PM

But im still not sure how he would work with Kaman in the lineup since both guys require alot of touches around the post.

Actually, you'd be surprised. They've been running him the same plays from the Elton Brand playbook, so he's playing around at midrange and shooting face up jumpers mostly. And whenever he gets doubled or has someone guard him really close he just burns them and makes layups.

I know he's a major post player but using the Judas Benedict Brand playbook has served him well. He's a phenomenal jump shooter, a MUCH bigger threat on offense than EB was.

Watch the game today at 5:30 and you'll see what I mean

BTW, straight from NBA.com's preview of today's Clipper game:

Randolph is one of the hottest players in the NBA, averaging 30.8 points and 15.3 rebounds in his last five games.

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, December 20, 2008 - 02:40 PM.

I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#67 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 03:14 PM

I would start that Duo and put Camby as the 6th man, if that doesn't work do you think they will trade Kaman because i don't think he should or will want to come of the bench. He can put up 15-10 on any night.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#68 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 03:19 PM

I would start that Duo and put Camby as the 6th man, if that doesn't work do you think they will trade Kaman because i don't think he should or will want to come of the bench. He can put up 15-10 on any night.

Agreed.

Although I think Camby + Z-bo, with Kaman coming off the bench would lead to more success, I personally can't really see Kaman coming off the bench.

BUT- That's Dunleavy's job to explain to Kaman that he'll only be on the bench for the first few minutes, will jump right in there and will have the same amount of minutes that he used to. If Dunleavy can make Kaman happy with being on the bench for the first few minutes of the game, more power to us.

#69 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 20, 2008 - 04:17 PM

Clippers ARE looking good. Maybe they've finally righted their ship for this season. However, is it enough to get them into the playoffs? They've dug themselves into a hole, but I'd love to see an L.A. First Round Matchup. Go Clippers :rock:

#70 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 04:23 PM

I think as long as they win about 44 games, they can make it in. So they'd need to go about 36-20 or so, which is totally possible.

56 games is a lot of time.

#71 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 07:55 PM

:hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2:

They are down by 39 to the bucks right now

#72 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:00 PM

- They are on their 4th game in five nights.
- Three out their last four have been in at least 1 overtime sessions, if not two.
- They lost Mike Taylor to injury (broken thumb)
- Last night, the starters - who went to 2OT's with Indy - played about 90% of the game (close to or NBA record if I recall). Every single player played at least 48 I believe.

That being said, they haven't even showed up. Looks like they are both fatigued and ready to go home. They laid an egg here...

#73 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:11 PM

That's uncalled for. Way to try to "get revenge" on me after an argument yesterday.. Very mature, buddy.

Chris' points were dead on.. Actually yes they did make history last night, starters played from 48-52 minutes each. No one less than 48 minutes.

This loss was a tough one. But now it's the Clippers' depleted bench playing against Milwaukee, who had their starters in even when they were up 36.

Bad game- it'll be hard to swallow but they're pros, they're getting paid millions and this one will go down the drain after a win in the next game hopefully. Clippers are much better than this. Zach Randolph wasn't even to put his mark on this game.

#74 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 08:20 PM

I like how you responded Calm with maturity and respectfulness it was clear that you were baited and trolled but you handled it well. BTW the next home game vs the Raps the tickets are half-off good time to go.

Edited by popo, December 20, 2008 - 08:23 PM.

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#75 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 21, 2008 - 04:34 PM

Oh man they are looking pretty good. They climbed up pretty fast. :)

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#76 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 10:20 PM

- They are on their 4th game in five nights.
- Three out their last four have been in at least 1 overtime sessions, if not two.
- They lost Mike Taylor to injury (broken thumb)
- Last night, the starters - who went to 2OT's with Indy - played about 90% of the game (close to or NBA record if I recall). Every single player played at least 48 I believe.

That being said, they haven't even showed up. Looks like they are both fatigued and ready to go home. They laid an egg here...

spot on.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#77 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 10:23 PM

Since when did you all become Clipper supporters LMAO

#78 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 10:25 PM

Its not about being Clipper supporters. Its about respecting other teams and their fans (outside of the Boston Celtics, of course)

#79 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 21, 2008 - 10:28 PM

Its not about being Clipper supporters. Its about respecting other teams and their fans (outside of the Boston Celtics, of course)

oh well i didnt no. S.O.R.R.Y.

#80 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 21, 2008 - 10:28 PM

Westside for life.

Posted Image