106 replies to this topic

#41 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted December 17, 2008 - 08:24 AM

I've always said this, that all Zach ever needed was clear team captains so that he wouldn't have to lead. When Zach doesn't have to lead, he thrives. In the early years in Portland, Zach was a hard worker, who went to summer league even when he wasn't required to.

When Rasheed and all the vets were traded from Portland, that's when he started to fall off. But now that he's in the Clipps with Baron and Camby as clear cut leaders, he just has to worry about balling.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#42 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted December 17, 2008 - 10:06 AM

True that.

I'm so happy we did that trade. Zach Randolph for Tim Thomas, and we saved Mobley's life.

Waitup hold on.. Zach Randolph for Tim Thomas? WTF? Hahahaha.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#43 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 17, 2008 - 05:58 PM

Clippers going for 4th.

I want the Clipps to climb back from the deep trench their in, get the 8th seed, then we see the battle of Los Angeles for the first round in the West playoffs.

:rock:

#44 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted December 17, 2008 - 07:22 PM

Clippers going for 4th.

I want the Clipps to climb back from the deep trench their in, get the 8th seed, then we see the battle of Los Angeles for the first round in the West playoffs.

:rock:

it shall happen. :rock:

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#45 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 17, 2008 - 07:30 PM

Playing good vs the Bulls.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#46 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 17, 2008 - 07:41 PM

Clippers playing unreal defense over the last four games - especially tonight against the Bulls.

#47 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 17, 2008 - 07:53 PM

Eric Gordon's defense is blowing my mind.

He's 19 years old folks. 19!!
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#48 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 17, 2008 - 08:10 PM

You know that your frontcourt sucks when you let Camby drop a 20/20 performance on you.

Edited by Avtomat Kalashnikov, December 17, 2008 - 08:17 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#49 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted December 17, 2008 - 08:16 PM

Overtime, bad foul on Ben Gordon.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#50 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted December 17, 2008 - 08:38 PM

No way they should of lost this one, up by 4 with 20 seconds left in regulation.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#51 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 17, 2008 - 08:42 PM

Un be lievable.

I'm in shock

#52 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 17, 2008 - 08:44 PM

Some are saying that the refs screwed the Clips in this one.

#53 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted December 17, 2008 - 09:14 PM

Some are saying that the refs screwed the Clips in this one.

I just saw the reply of the 2 foul calls and they were wrong.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#54 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 17, 2008 - 09:17 PM

^ 'they were wrong' ...

the calls or the people complaining?

Clarify por favor?

#55 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted December 17, 2008 - 09:24 PM

^ 'they were wrong' ...

the calls or the people complaining?

Clarify por favor?

The refs, When Ben hit that 3 there was hardly any contact.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#56 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 17, 2008 - 09:26 PM

Yeahh.. poor Clips indeed. They got hosed.

#57 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted December 17, 2008 - 09:32 PM

Give us Baron plz

#58 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 18, 2008 - 12:17 PM

Marcus Camby fumes at officials for not calling a foul on Andres Nocioni, who drew a key charging foul on Zach Randolph with 51 seconds to play in overtime.
By KC Johnson
December 18, 2008
Reporting from Chicago -- As Marcus Camby slowly walked off the United Center court Wednesday night, he glanced behind him, staring at a trail of errors, both mental and, the Clippers believe, otherwise.

Griping about officiating won't do anything to change the Chicago Bulls' 115-109 overtime victory, which ended the Clippers' winning streak at three games. So Camby, sitting in front of his locker, directed his angst at something safer.

"It's frustrating because everybody in the league knows what he does; he flops," said Camby, who had a career-high 27 rebounds. "But he got the benefit of the call.

"We have to take this one on the chin and try to regroup because we've got two more games left on this trip."

The "he" was forward Andres Nocioni, who drew a key offensive foul on Zach Randolph with the Clippers trailing, 110-109, with 51 seconds to play in overtime.

Randolph, who led all scorers with 30 points, protested the call, and again after rookie Derrick Rose scored on a conventional three-point play on the ensuing Bulls possession.

Then again, Randolph's histrionics had little on Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy, who fumed when officials reversed a call that originally sent Al Thornton to the free-throw line to another offensive foul on Randolph.

That call came with the Clippers leading, 109-108, in overtime with 1 minute 53 seconds to go.

"We saw some wild calls," Dunleavy said. "I can't see it from where I was sitting on the play at all, but clearly an unusual play for us again.

"I'm sure the league will review it and we'll question them and we'll see what they say about them. They'll give us their judgments. Nobody wants to make a bad call."

Then again, none of this happens if Eric Gordon doesn't foul guard Ben Gordon on a three-point shot at the end of regulation.

"That's just a mental error you can't have," Dunleavy said.

Ben Gordon somehow made the double-pump three-point shot, then calmly made the free throw with 20.5 seconds left to tie the score, 106-106. Then came another Clippers mental lapse: On the final shot of regulation, Thornton threw one up from 19 feet.

"The play was for Randolph," Dunleavy said. "He'd been killing them every time down the floor. Al just slashed in and got the ball. Yeah, he shot a good shot; the ball was in and out. But the guy who had the hot hand for us was the guy we wanted to go to."

And so it went, as the Clippers scored the first three points of overtime, but not in the final 3:38.

"We had them, man," guard Baron Davis said. "We executed well. We just gave it away at the end."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<_< You know refs screwed up when MARCUS CAMBY complained to the media. Marcus Camby isn't usually the one to complain.

#59 Flash

Flash

Junior

• 283 posts

Posted December 18, 2008 - 01:39 PM

The Bobcats beat the Bulls with flopping, and the Bulls copied on their next game.
The flops are ruining the games...

#60 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted December 19, 2008 - 08:54 PM

Won in a double ot thriller, Randolph is putting up 20/10 easily that should get him some all star recognition. Tonight 34 pts 16 rebs.

Edited by popo, December 19, 2008 - 08:57 PM.

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users